A rival to the Tail of the Dragon? And closer, to boot! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

A rival to the Tail of the Dragon? And closer, to boot!

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by VGM911, Jul 25, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    This is where our cycling rides on weekends, many of the same roads and mountains you drove on. It is great for bicycles and exotic cars alike. Just please look out for bicycles when going around blind curves and up and down hills...

2. mtmd11

mtmd11 Karting

Jun 1, 2011
    York, PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin W.
    Narrow roads with no shoulders, many blind corners, and lots of elevation changes with poor visibility... makes for great cycling terrain??

So I guess taking my half of the road out of the middle will give more room on the non-existent shoulders for the cyclists. Cool.

3. BobO

BobO Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Loudoun Co, VA
    Full Name:
    Bob O
    I live in rural VA, not far from the general area of the route. I well know and drive the many beautiful back roads in this part of the world with several of my little red cars. The single overriding issue which keeps my spirited fun in check is deer. They are prolific in this region and very ugly car collisions are common. And oh by the way, if you must do public roads for your motor sports fun, try W. VA. It's scenic, only 15 minutes from Frederick via 340, and the S's are to dream for.

4. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I adhere to ALL these rules Don, and this is the best advice I've seen in a long time!

5. Britzky9

Britzky9 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2010
    Phila region
    Spacing is pretty important too, no?

@ 1:49 of the vid. Wow.