360 wipers balistic/won't stop!!?? | FerrariChat

360 wipers balistic/won't stop!!??

Discussion in '360/430' started by Bobbo, Aug 25, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bobbo

Bobbo Rookie

Aug 23, 2009
    Overland Park, KS
    Full Name:
    Bob
    #1 Bobbo, Aug 25, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
    Have no clue why but suddenly my windshield wipers won't shut off no matter what setting I put the stem in! I look like an idiot/tool driving a F car with my wipers on when it's sunny and in the 90's here. Can anyone give me any clue/suggestions as to what I can do to remedy problem. No authorized Ferrari dlr in KC and don't want to ship to St Louis or Denver and spend big transport bucks to fix something so stupid!! Many thanks to anyone that might be able to help!! :)

2. FerrariDublin

FerrariDublin F1 Rookie

Jun 14, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Suggest you pull fuse - Right Hand Side of passenger compartment - No. 57 a 30 Amp fuse.

After that?

Was there any work done recently? Anything that might have been disturbed? Check connections? Visit to an auto electrician?

Good luck.

3. SfefVan

SfefVan Guest

Nov 28, 2008
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Stef
    #3 SfefVan, Aug 25, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
    Check out the relay which is powering the wipers. You got a sticky relay that is not releasing anymore and is permanently powering the wipers.

Your situation made me smiling though :)

4. Spitfire

Spitfire Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 16, 2006
    I'm sure you're right. It's an easy fix fortunately.

5. Bobbo

Bobbo Rookie

Aug 23, 2009
    Overland Park, KS
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Thanks for your input/suggestion gents!!

6. djastral69

djastral69 Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Fl
    Full Name:
    David
    I know it sounds crazy but I removed mine completely as I like the clean look. :)

7. FerrariDublin

FerrariDublin F1 Rookie

Jun 14, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Greg
    :D That does indeed sound crazy (at least to someone who lives in Ireland)! :D

I agree though, it's amazing how clean the look is without the wipers.

8. Mighty Joe

Mighty Joe Formula 3

Sep 3, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Ya know....I like to see a pic of them removed!!

9. FerrariDublin

FerrariDublin F1 Rookie

Jun 14, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #9 FerrariDublin, Aug 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. brokenarrow

brokenarrow F1 Rookie

Sep 25, 2006
    Txass
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I located and removed the Relay for the wipers as my car happened to suffer from this today as well. In fact, just as a prospective buyer was looking over the car. I have never had a problem with the car ever, and then this crap crops up out of no where.

There does not appear to be a fuse, but only a relay. And if there was a fuse, and it blew, then the wipers wouldn't run at all. So, I'll be taking my relay to the dealer tomorrow for a replacement. I wonder if it is generic in nature and can be replaced with one from autozone. I'll look it over more closely.

Thank you for the tip on the number as it saved me some time.

11. Bobbo

Bobbo Rookie

Aug 23, 2009
    Overland Park, KS
    Full Name:
    Bob
    This was my original querry/post and I'm going to try pulling the fuse before I go to a local Ferrari event dinner on Saturday. In case the fuse doesn't do it could you please tell me where the relay is located?? Many thanks!!

12. brokenarrow

brokenarrow F1 Rookie

Sep 25, 2006
    Txass
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #12 brokenarrow, Aug 27, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
    Behind the passenger seat; remove the five or six polished screws and grommets and pull the one-foot or so panel off and see my picture (that'll be posted shortly). Once you pull it, no problems.

I called Boardwalk Ferrari, $175 for this relay!!! Oh, and Daniel wasn't much cheaper either, both offerring a 10% discount. I'd just buy it from the dealer and get it done since your getting hosed no matter where you turn for this part.

Warning: pull another similar relay and test it in your wiper one. Mine does not work so I'm back to trouble-shooting. I'll be bench testing the unit with a voltmeter while applying voltage with a powersupply.

Pics to come...

13. brokenarrow

brokenarrow F1 Rookie

Sep 25, 2006
    Txass
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #14 brokenarrow, Aug 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    If you flip the carpeted cover over, you'll find a nice legend identifying the various fuses and relays. I checked every fuse while in there just to be sure.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. Bobbo

Bobbo Rookie

Aug 23, 2009
    Overland Park, KS
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Thanks to your Ferrari Guide for Dummies/idiot proof-complete with beautiful pictures, I no longer look like an idiot driving my car with the wipers on! Many Thanks and good luck with yours. Now back to enjoying life again my friend! Bob

15. brokenarrow

brokenarrow F1 Rookie

Sep 25, 2006
    Txass
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Glad I was helpful. Please become a member if you think it makes sense for you. I know the forum could use your support.

Also, mine is not the relay. So I'll be going into the stalk on the next project to determine the issues.

16. brokenarrow

brokenarrow F1 Rookie

Sep 25, 2006
    Txass
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Apparently you need a couple of specialized tools, and the risk of handling an airbar and its sensors is enough to push me away from the work bench. I will have it tested, but if you need to buy one, I found a stalk on this website cheaper than Ricambi and Ferrari by nearly $100.

http://www.ferrparts.com/details.php?part=4697

17. Chiaroman

Chiaroman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 21, 2004
    New Jersey
    Great pictures.

I appreciate the effort!!!

18. ksanjana

ksanjana Karting

Oct 28, 2014
    Houston, TX
    #19 ksanjana, Oct 28, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    Brokenarrow did you ever find the cause of this issue? I have the same problem & I don't think relay is the issues.

Please update. Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks!

19. ksanjana

ksanjana Karting

Oct 28, 2014
    Houston, TX
    I hate to start a new thread about this, but any updates in regards to this would be awesome. I did try pulling the relay, but the wiper still is stuck "on" position. Any thoughts.

Thanks!