Big Red Book Sale | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Big Red Book Sale

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by preston537, Nov 17, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. keyvisual

keyvisual Rookie

Oct 10, 2011
    The seller on Austrian eBay is a good friend of mine. Indeed, there are personal notes (s.c. "ex libris") on two pages, but at the same time they are a clear reference to the former owner. That's important because the family name is well known in Austria and has a clear connection to Niki Lauda from the past. The former owner was invited by Enzo F. in Modena in 1977, this book was the welcome gift from Enzo.
    The book is - as mentioned by Grigio - in excellent condition, inside pages as new.
    For any doubts, I can try to provide additional information or pictures.

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Looks legit....I believe you.

3. keyvisual

keyvisual Rookie

Oct 10, 2011
    #28 keyvisual, Oct 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. Scuderia Dino Torino

Feb 1, 2011
    It is not certainly the case with the examples discussed here but, generally speaking, I would recommended caution with big value increase for an Enzo's hand signature. Unfortunately many fakes exist, most done after Ferrari death and in the late eighties boom of the market of cars and memorabilia. Also because Ferrari signature is quite easy to reproduce. Best, Emanuele

5. TCT

TCT Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2004
    USA
    Always a good reminder with such things.

Check your sources and document for future reference.

6. keyvisual

keyvisual Rookie

Oct 10, 2011
  7. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Interesting...

Matt

8. piloti

piloti Formula 3
    Honorary

Jul 11, 2004
    England
    Full Name:
    Nathan Beehl
    I've checked the Ebay listing and that book has the printed signature!It is exactly the same as in my book. If you look at the signature under a magnifying glass you can see the screening (for printing) which appears as red with black cross-hatching going through it.
    When Enzo personally signed books or cards it was usual for him to put a two-digit date for the year, as can be seen on this thread. Don't get caught out.
    Nathan
    PS - I sold a copy a month back on Ebay and with an accurate description only got $300 for it.
    Caveat emptor.

9. davebuchner

davebuchner Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Dave Buchner
    It has the printed signature and then a few pages further on the Ferrari 77 signature...
    I think it looked genuine.

10. piloti

piloti Formula 3
    Honorary

Jul 11, 2004
    England
    Full Name:
    Nathan Beehl
    Dave
    You are correct. I didn't look past the first photo. If I listed it then the genuine signature would have been my main photo. My mistake.
    Nathan

11. davebuchner

davebuchner Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Dave Buchner
    Agreed!

12. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004