Having trouble finding a nice F430... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Having trouble finding a nice F430...

Discussion in '360/430' started by HMS, Oct 23, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. utah997

utah997 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2007
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Doug

VERY well said!

2. HMS

HMS Formula 3

Dec 12, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Zack Sursio
  3. MikeR397

MikeR397 Formula 3

May 9, 2010
    SE Michigan
    Well said on everything in your post, particularlly the above.

There are people who buy $25k artwork that just hangs on the wall until they die. I'm sure they enjoy it hanging there, but I'd rather buy art that drives and enjoy that $25k of actual value in a more tangible way.

4. alcc

alcc Karting

Sep 2, 2010
    Santa Barbara, CA.
  5. Zinger

Zinger Formula 3

Apr 11, 2009
    Leesburg, Va
    Full Name:
    Ryan M

I agree, and I am very aware of the Exotic Motors thread...I actually was suggesting the OP to look at the Red F430 San Francisco car. Another member mentioned the Exotic Motors Midwest car which I dont care for. With painted wheels, tint, stereo, blacked out lights, lowered, and yellow, it could be a tough car to resell. Most guys want cars to be in stock form not all modded like the yellow one is.

I cant comment on Exotic Motors Midwest myself but yes the thread on "Horrible Experience with EMM is certainly a concern and a heads up to be careful with the purchase......

6. HMS

HMS Formula 3

Dec 12, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Zack Sursio
    Ryan.....is the yellow car lowered? Also....I think that's the same car that was for sale at F of Atlanta awhile ago.

7. Zinger

Zinger Formula 3

Apr 11, 2009
    Leesburg, Va
    Full Name:
    Ryan M
    #32 Zinger, Oct 24, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
    Yes its lowered. Does not say so but it looks it to me. It is probably the stock suspension with the coilovers adjusted more aggressive. Looks like 25mm drop. It could be changed back to stock height but it will cost you money.

If you are a first time Ferrari buyer you may want to really think about warranty. If the example you find at an authorized dealer is "Factory Approved" the car would be eligable for extended warranty. The F430's are solid cars but I have seen a few rare cases of large problems with costly repairs. If the car you are looking to buy is not at an authorized dealer they will not be able to give you warranty directly. You would have to purchase then get a inspection by a Ferrari dealer to obtain a Factory Warranty. If you pull in the dealer with a modded car in any way the dealer may not accept the car into warranty coverage. Maybe others can chime in but it is something to check out.

I promised myself I would not buy a Ferrari without warranty which I did get on my 08 F430. So far no issues on the car but I have piece of mind knowing is something BIG goes up, Im covered. I have the Power Cube warranty for 12 months on mine.

8. HMS

HMS Formula 3

Dec 12, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Zack Sursio
    Nice info...thanks Ryan.

9. jir591

jir591 Karting

Aug 17, 2005
    Weston, Florida
    I used to own the car. And yes it was lowered. However those aren't my wheels. Let me know if you want any info.

10. alcc

alcc Karting

Sep 2, 2010
    Santa Barbara, CA.

I agree 100% re buying Factory Approved car from dealer and getting a Power warranty for at least the first 12 month, just in case. That's what I did. The car has been solid; not one problem. But worth every penny imo for the sleep easy factor.