88 328 warm up reg what is the pressure | FerrariChat

88 328 warm up reg what is the pressure

Discussion in '308/328' started by bullydogpack, Nov 18, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bullydogpack

bullydogpack Rookie

Apr 17, 2011
    Tracy ca
    does anyone know what the fuel pressure is supposed to be and how to adjust it for when i put a new warm up regulator in my 328 gts . and is adjusting it the same thing as calibrating it thanks tom....

2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    US version (...132 WUR) or euro version (...116 WUR) 328? Or some other ...XXX WUR?

3. Constance

Constance Karting

Apr 10, 2009
    Kembs - France
    Full Name:
    Constance
    #3 Constance, Nov 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. Constance

Constance Karting

Apr 10, 2009
    Kembs - France
    Full Name:
    Constance
  5. bullydogpack

bullydogpack Rookie

Apr 17, 2011
    Tracy ca
    #5 bullydogpack, Nov 20, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
    it is a us version 132i am looking to find out how to verify the control pressure and then adjust the fuel pressure correctly ferrari400parts.com has a rebulid instruction page for the wur it shows how to tap the bolt in or out to adjust it i just want to make sure i do things right and what ids the fuel pressure is to be

6. bullydogpack

bullydogpack Rookie

Apr 17, 2011
    Tracy ca
    if you go to ferrari400parts .com they have a link to the rebuild on it a little generic but effective i think what i am asking is i need to verify the contol pressure and adjust the fuel pressure

7. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    #7 Steve Magnusson, Nov 20, 2011
    Constance already posted the cold and warm control pressure graphs for the ...132 WUR, and here's Carl Rose's write-up for making the measurements:

http://ferrari.cdyn.com/carl_rose_docs/Ferrari%20328%20CIS%20Fuel%20Pressure%20Check%20with%20Pixs.pdf

(but you would use your actual initial ambient temperature and atmospheric pressure to determine your target for the initial cold control pressure from the graph and the atmospheric pressure to determine your warm control pressure target from the other graph).

8. bullydogpack

bullydogpack Rookie

Apr 17, 2011
    Tracy ca
    thanks very much i will let you know how it goes

9. tomberlin

tomberlin Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 9, 2005
    Bethesda
    Full Name:
    tom berlin
    #9 tomberlin, Nov 20, 2011
    Although I've not tried this on a wur from a Ferrari, I've been able to adjust the enrichment pressure by moving this stud up and down. With the regulator assembled lowering the stud lowers the pressure. This can be done with the pump running and the heating element disconnected as the pressure is being monitored. It is a "hit" and miss method, but it has worked in the past.

Cheers,
    Tom B
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. bullydogpack

bullydogpack Rookie

Apr 17, 2011
    Tracy ca
    thanks for the help i really appreciate your time and knowledge

11. bullydogpack

bullydogpack Rookie

Apr 17, 2011
    Tracy ca
  12. bullydogpack

bullydogpack Rookie

Apr 17, 2011
    Tracy ca
    do you know what the enrichment pressure is supposed to be on 328 88 gts us

13. tepps

tepps Karting

Oct 15, 2010
    Buffalo NY
    Full Name:
    Tom Tepas
    If you are putting a new WUR in your car the last thing you want to do is change its pressure setting. It should be spot on if it is the correct part.. That said, if you have a WUR that is clearly out of spec you can adjust it to work correctly.. What I used to do is drill and tap the "adjusting pin" or bolt, whatever you choose to call it. I would put a 6mm by 1 pitch tap into the center.. This is essentially the most common metric nut and bolt with a 10 mm head, or you can use 5 mm allen. I would put a large enough washer to clear the pin, or fit around it , then a 10mm nut threaded onto my adjusting bolt... With a fuel gauge in line you can watch your pressures change as you tap on the bolt head. By moving the adjusting nut in small increments you take away the hit or miss aspect of the tapping... Or, if you go too far you can draw the pin back up by turning the 10 mm nut. I made this modification after becoming frustrated taking the WUR's apart after hitting the pin in too far.Once again this was on older used parts, but sometimes you have nothing to lose, or dont want to spend 300$ on this part. Tepps

14. bullydogpack

bullydogpack Rookie

Apr 17, 2011
    Tracy ca
    #14 bullydogpack, Nov 20, 2011
    that is a great help ,the thing is i have this miss that seems to come on once the car warms up .i have been thru new wires, plugs etc. i do not want to spend several thousand dollars on part after part to chase this miss i also like to work on the car myself . if this is not my problem if you have any ideas i would really be greatful and thanks again for your method one last thing do you know what the pressure is supposed to be

15. tomberlin

tomberlin Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 9, 2005
    Bethesda
    Full Name:
    tom berlin
    The warm up regulator is more correctly called a control pressure regulator. It regulates the segment of fuel pressure that restricts the movement of the air flow sensor. If the control pressure is lowered it allows the air flow sensor to move more freely thereby enriching the mixture. After the first few minutes of warm up control pressure should be a the warm running spec. If you have a warm running issue check the warm control pressure. If it's correct your problem is elsewhere.
    I like the idea of drilling and tapping the stud that holds the bi-metallic element.

Tom B

16. Constance

Constance Karting

Apr 10, 2009
    Kembs - France
    Full Name:
    Constance
    If you don’t have the pressure gauge to check the fuel pressures, you can make the following test; with cold engine remove the connector from your WUR (secure the connector) and let run your engine, make a test drive (30 to 50 miles) to confirm the WUR failure.

In most cases it is the aneroid who is leaking causing an increase of the fuel pressure

17. bullydogpack

bullydogpack Rookie

Apr 17, 2011
    Tracy ca
    i am a little green what is the aneroid and what am i looking for during the test drive is it that the car will run normal if that is the problem or something else thank you

18. Constance

Constance Karting

Apr 10, 2009
    Kembs - France
    Full Name:
    Constance
    #18 Constance, Nov 21, 2011

The aneroid cells are used in altimeters and barometers, it is closed cell containing vacuum.

19. tepps

tepps Karting

Oct 15, 2010
    Buffalo NY
    Full Name:
    Tom Tepas
    To answer some of your questions. Your control pressures are roughly 25 cold 52 warm. You have to be able to duplicate the miss, then isolate the cylinder then determine if it is fuel or spark related.I doubt if it is a WUR problem. Most misses are usually spark related . Although it could be a lean cylinder from a vacuum leak.To guess and buy parts is a waste of money and will only frustrate you.If you do not have the tools, or faculties to correctly repair the car , you are probably better off giving it to a professional mechanic to repair. You may alter too many factory settings by guessing at things . This will make it even harder to repair by a mechanic.Also more expensive for you. Good luck . Tepps

20. bullydogpack

bullydogpack Rookie

Apr 17, 2011
    Tracy ca
    thanks alot if this is not the problem i will be giving to my brother to fix i just like to do some of the things myself the other thing is the last time i took it to the ferrari dealer ( i don't want to say which one) my belts shreded after a couple hundred miles they put their own marks and screwed me big time so i am a little hesitant about taking it to them. not the best places in the bay area unless you know one let me know thanks again also my oring was pitted and crushed pretty bad does that mean anything?

21. stevel48

stevel48 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2005
    Metrowest MA
    Full Name:
    Steve (85 308 Owner)
    #21 stevel48, Nov 22, 2011
  22. bullydogpack

bullydogpack Rookie

Apr 17, 2011
    Tracy ca
    thanks

23. fletch62

fletch62 Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2004
    Fairhope, AL
    Full Name:
    Larry Fletcher
    Hi,
    You can contact me to have this rebuild done right, Bosch does not do it. This is not from the BS Bosch distributors that you can contact, this is from the hands on shop in germany that does the rebuilds for bosch.

Larry Fletcher
    www.cisflowtech.com
    251-929-3771