open statement regardig customer service at Ricambi | Page 5 | FerrariChat

open statement regardig customer service at Ricambi

Discussion in '360/430' started by big_luke, Dec 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. THonda

THonda Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    TH
    I'll bet you will be willing to pay an additional $400 for everyone to forget about this thread? LOL.

2. big_luke

big_luke Karting

Aug 28, 2010
    I could care less what a bunch of strangers online think about me. The day I let people from the internet cause me stress is the day I loose.

the only matter I wanted to take care of from this thread has been done, and no grip from my part.

3. g4titan

g4titan Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 6, 2010
    Around
    Full Name:
    Nico
    You make us 30 year old crowd look like retards...

How you made it this far is beyond me... sigh...

4. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Fixed it for ya.

Jedi

5. TurboTodd

TurboTodd Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    Brentwood, TN
    "Some men own ferraris. Some men work on ferraris. Some men turn to the internet to whine about $400 worth of ferrari parts. Not a lot of men do all three."

Rare Air Luke, Rare Air. Congratulations on your achievement.

6. big_luke

big_luke Karting

Aug 28, 2010
    doing your research huh? It's my right as a American to ***** and moan when I feel.

Do I know you?

7. big_guy

big_guy F1 Rookie

Sep 9, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Just want to share a couple of points with the OP:

1. Where I come from, when a bunch of people call you an ass, it's time to shop for a saddle. It seems to me a bunch of people have called you an ass. I think you should start shopping, feel free to use this link: http://item.mobileweb.ebay.ca/viewitem?itemId=120834448073&index=1&nav=SEARCH&nid=39739113303

2. This just a suggestion: if/when one of the gaskets you decided not to replace fails, DO NOT come here for advice.

Happy holidays!

8. Hellfrost

Hellfrost Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2009
    Naples, FL
    This is very interesting, everyone jumped on their high horse to bring a member down.

Let's look at the facts.

Luke was not using his computer to view what was on Ricambi's website, so he was recommended their "major" kit or w/e it's called for his service. He asked Ricambi to send him the invoice before they ship the product so he could view what was listed. Ricambi failed on their part. For all anyone knows prior to his purchase Luke had never used the internet before and did not know how, no one should be penalized for not having access to a computer to make their order. Is it Luke's fault that Ricambi did not do as they promise to deliver the invoice the day before they shipped? Why did he have to call them the next day again to receive his Invoice?

Luke on the other hand should have spotted this problem immediately when he received his product and work with Ricambi to fix this misunderstanding. Waiting 2 months is not a proper excuse. This is clearly not about $400 but about a failed customer service.

Let's just move on, both sides admitted mistake, Ricambi refunded the money and Luke should return the parts as a good businessman.

9. big_luke

big_luke Karting

Aug 28, 2010
    well hot damn, you posted a link to a saddle. aren't you the special one...

10. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS

If you did not care about us you would not still be posting and watching the thread.....

Maybe you should go back to mod'ing lightning trucks....?

11. HH11

HH11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 4, 2010
    You must be joking about him possibly not knowing how to use the Internet right? Because if your not that it one of the most ridiculous things I've read on here. And being that he seems to know very well how to use FChat and bad mouth one minor experience, I think it's obvious he does.

12. big_luke

big_luke Karting

Aug 28, 2010
    ding... a score for Luke!!!

thanks for actually reading the thread before jumping to rash opinions. Like I said from the beginning, mistakes were made from the buyer and the seller in this case. And I moved on a long time ago. But people like to flame in this thread for some reason.

13. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS

Told you you cared.

14. big_luke

big_luke Karting

Aug 28, 2010

I still have my Lightning and drive it daily to work. It is still a great vehicle to own.

eh, my next step is a 458. a few years away I hope.

15. big_luke

big_luke Karting

Aug 28, 2010
    do I care to the point where I will reply to this thread when I feel needed? Sure

do I care to the point where this thread will not let me go to sleep tonight? hell no

it takes more than a few harsh words on a computer screen to rattle my cage.

but I will do what I believe is right and take action and make a thread about it.

16. atomic80

atomic80 Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Where it always rain
    Full Name:
    Jason T
    I read 6 pages of this and I still don't get why all that was necessary but what I found myself wondering is, Luke, why did you wait well past the 30 day return policy to do anything about the extra parts? Why didn't you just return them for a refund right away?

17. big_luke

big_luke Karting

Aug 28, 2010
    In my mind, there was a possibility of using the parts. But from the beginning, I had no intention of ordering or any need for them. It's just something I didn't put a lot of thought into until after I had the belt job done.

I do blame myself for procrastinating and not tell them it was something I didn't need from the beginning.

18. djantlive

djantlive Formula 3

Jun 30, 2005
    I was going to reply on this thread but I don't think it's worth it...

All I have to say is in a world of rip offs, it's good to have honest seller like Ricambi.

19. big_luke

big_luke Karting

Aug 28, 2010
    well I'm glad if anything else good comes from this thread, it's the fact that Ricambi is a reputable business and has a large fan base here.

20. Robz328

Robz328 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 16, 2009
    ATL, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Rob Hemphill
    #120 Robz328, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2011
    Soooo much **** for so little displeasure.

Ricambi is a good outfit. They respond quickly and will work with you. Some of their prices seem too high; all you need to do is reveal your understood (researched) price and they will respond in kind (I saw that recently--2009--with a 328 oil pressure sender: Ricambi was quoting over $400; research showed around $150; Ricambi admitted a miscue http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=265812&highlight=328+oil+sender ).

AND...you will be using those gaskets and seals in the future (after the prices go up, of course).

21. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Luke,

I could not read this entire thread so other Fchater's I'm sorry if this was posted before.

Luke you are way off base and totally lost and you need a new mechanic. Sorry that is just the facts.

A proper belt service cannot be done without valvecover removal thus violating the seal regardless of age, requiring a new valve cover gasket.

Any mechanic who would do a lock and swap belt job and not open the valve covers is not doing you any favors. I would not buy a Ferrari you owned because you still have a huge learning curve to go before you are a knowledgeable owner. Please do your Ferrari a favor and search Fchat for threads on proper timing belt change proceedure.

Other pro mechanics out there..."CAUTION"...you don't want Luke as a customer. He has shown that he shoots first and asks questions later. He cannot pay you enough to be his customer.

Daniel @ Ricambi you should not have refunded the money. You should have charged him extra as a "stupid tax." I know you are a bigger man than that. But I'm not.

Sorry if I offended you Luke or others I just coundn't take it.

Rob this thread should be closed. No good can come of it.

22. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Lets close this. Luke has the right to post, Ricambi has the right to respond. Lets not get carried away from there. Thanks.