Hey! I'm Moving to Huntsville! | FerrariChat

Hey! I'm Moving to Huntsville!

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by powerpig, Dec 1, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. powerpig

powerpig F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 12, 2008
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    For those of you that don't hang in Silver, I've accepted a new job and will be moving to Huntsville, AL in the next couple of weeks.

I've made great fchat friends in the North Virginia area and hope to meet some new ones in the Huntsville area.

I have a 308 and Maserati Spyder and would like to attend any C&C's you have coming up.

I'm from the Mississippi Coast and still own a home there. Looking forward to going back to the Deep South!

2. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Welcome to the South. How did you end up moving all the cars?

3. powerpig

powerpig F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 12, 2008
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Still have quotes coming in for that feat. Going to drive a couple down and move nine of them. Lowest quote so far is around $2600.

4. JCM615

JCM615 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 3, 2005
    Knoxville,Tn
    Full Name:
    J C
    Sounds like you'll be fun to have around, considering the one-two punch of Ferraris and BBQ sauce. We generally have get-togethers the first Sat of each month, but we're in hibernation for the winter. If you get to Nashville, however (and it's just a skip) let me know and we'll meet some people and show you the town.

Not to steal ya from the 'Bama crowd, they have a lot going on as well. Like Barber Motorsports Park near Birmingham and all the associated events.

5. JCM615

JCM615 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 3, 2005
    Knoxville,Tn
    Full Name:
    J C
    We have better saloons however!!

6. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    PM me when you get here. First beer is on me.

7. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    Welcome and the second beer is on me.

8. Mighty Joe

Mighty Joe Formula 3

Sep 3, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Who you gonna work for in H'ville?

9. powerpig

powerpig F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 12, 2008
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Thanks. Sorry for the late reply. I arrived here not quite two weeks ago and have been busy looking at homes and settling in the new job. I'm working for Goodrich and so far, a really great company.

I'm heading back to NoVA tomorrow and will be moving down for good next week. I'll PM you guys when I get back and plan for a cold one!

10. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    Not in AL, but welcome back to the Deep South!!!

PDG

11. Hey I'm located in Huntsville...Madison actually. Moved here a month ago from Chicago. Shoot me a message if you want to grab some drinks.

Dan.

12. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    We Huntsville guys need to start getting together again. Here's a link to one of our past Summer Saturday drives around the area that we actually had filmed:

http://www.fca-se.com/media/fca_drive_768k.wmv

I hadn't looked at that in awhile... it was a fun ride!!

13. powerpig

powerpig F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 12, 2008
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    The house is packed and cars are too. We leave for Huntsville in the morning. By the way, who works on these cars in the Huntsville area?

14. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Several of us use Gary Searles for servicing our Ferraris, and he even makes house calls! PM me for contact info. There are also a couple of independent euro-car shops here that have had mixed reviews.

15. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    It won't take you long in Huntsville to figure out that this ISN'T very "deep south"... though you can drive 30 minutes in any direction and be in the middle of that stereotype!

:p

16. powerpig

powerpig F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 12, 2008
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I know what you mean. I'm from the MS Coast and it's pretty much the same way.

We arrived in Huntsville around 5:30pm and the trip was thanfully uneventfull. Thanks for all the welcomes and I'll be contacting you all soon.

17. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    #17 branko, Jan 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
    Mike that was great! I had completely forgotten about it and had not seen it since it was filmed. It was fun remembering the event and you didn't have any gray hair.

18. steve02370

steve02370 Karting

Jul 11, 2011
    AL
    Full Name:
    Steve N
    Hey Huntville gang. I'm coming up from Jasper on Friday to see Ron White and may drive my 430 (weather permitting). Anyone up for a mid afternoon coffee or ?