Gatherings?! | FerrariChat

Gatherings?!

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by gpmotorsllc, Jan 13, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gpmotorsllc

gpmotorsllc Karting

Jun 27, 2011
    Camano Island, WA
    Full Name:
    Jon F Beutler Jr.
    Do we have any kind of a "list" of gatherings of sports/fun/classic and most importantly Ferraris and their owners? I am thinking specifically Western Washington. I would love to know of some gatherings such as a "cars and coffee" close by. Anyone know? Do I need to start one? ;)

2. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
  3. gpmotorsllc

gpmotorsllc Karting

Jun 27, 2011
    Camano Island, WA
    Full Name:
    Jon F Beutler Jr.
    Thanks! I signed up for their list... but, what about tomorrow?! Anyone read a weather report? Its been gorgeous all week. And more importantly, these cars don't melt in rain anyway!

4. flyngti

flyngti Formula 3

Jul 16, 2009
    Snohomish, WA
    Full Name:
    Eric L
    E@RTC takes a break in the winter and generally starts up again in late February. Stay tuned here because Tom or Vic usually post about this gathering.

5. gpmotorsllc

gpmotorsllc Karting

Jun 27, 2011
    Camano Island, WA
    Full Name:
    Jon F Beutler Jr.
    I just don't know if I have the patience to wait that long! Sounds fun though. Anyone wanting to get together for a drive let me know!

6. 32-valve 2+2

32-valve 2+2 Karting

Mar 14, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Bill B.
    I'm game! [ ... but, sans rain.]

7. Bleu Omdurman

Bleu Omdurman Karting

Dec 3, 2006
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    The FCA has something in the works that will occur on 3 March. Details should be in the next issue of the newsletter.

THey also have a chat list where people, among other things, send out impromptu drives.

8. gpmotorsllc

gpmotorsllc Karting

Jun 27, 2011
    Camano Island, WA
    Full Name:
    Jon F Beutler Jr.
    Don't know about you guys... snow on the ground this morning... that kind of killed my plans.

9. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I noticed your website and the cars that you have for sale. Do you have any affiliation with the old "Grand Prix Motors" in Seattle? They were the former Ferrari dealer that was sold and is now Ferrari Maserati of Seattle.

10. gpmotorsllc

gpmotorsllc Karting

Jun 27, 2011
    Camano Island, WA
    Full Name:
    Jon F Beutler Jr.
    What website did you look at? Mine is gpmotorsllc.com. But my dealership is called Grand Prix Motors, LLC. Anyhow, no unfortunately, no affiliation to Ferrari of Seattle, formerly Grand Prix Motors. There is however another Grand Prix Motors down in Portland area, but they may spell it differently. Sometimes at the auto auctions they get us confused!

11. 2000 456M

2000 456M F1 World Champ

Sep 29, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Allan
    We used to have Grand Prix Imports/Lamborghini Portland in Wilsonville, but they closed when the crash hit. RTGT is moving to their old space.

12. Apple Sauce

Apple Sauce Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2008
    Wide Open Throttle
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Exotics At Redmond Town Center will be begin looking for opportunities to meet beginning in the month of February. Feb 5th is the first Saturday of the month and the soonest we might put on the event, but take note that E@RTC is a fair weather event only.

I hope to meet you and everyone else soon.

—Vic

13. gpmotorsllc

gpmotorsllc Karting

Jun 27, 2011
    Camano Island, WA
    Full Name:
    Jon F Beutler Jr.
    Sounds good! I am looking forward to meeting more F-Chatters too! February will be here before we know it... now to find some different wheels/tires so the Mondial can make it there!

14. mtarvydas

mtarvydas Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2011
    On the Mountain
    Full Name:
    Martin Tarvydas
    Got the SottoZeros on and will head up to Crystal Mt. Saturday, anyone in?

15. gpmotorsllc

gpmotorsllc Karting

Jun 27, 2011
    Camano Island, WA
    Full Name:
    Jon F Beutler Jr.
    Snow drive anyone?!

16. gpmotorsllc

gpmotorsllc Karting

Jun 27, 2011
    Camano Island, WA
    Full Name:
    Jon F Beutler Jr.
    I'm going nuts with this weather. I need my Ferrari/Sports car therapy! Is it Spring yet?

17. F355steve

F355steve Formula 3

Apr 9, 2008
    Honolulu - Seattle - Okinawa
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Wow, I can't beleive we are only a few weeks away from E@RTC starting up again. The mild winter weather through December had me driving several times a week so that made the time pass fairly quick. Now I'm just concerned about all the salt laid down over the past week :O/

18. mtarvydas

mtarvydas Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2011
    On the Mountain
    Full Name:
    Martin Tarvydas
    The salt and sand is nasty. I was going to go for a cruise today but first walked to the grocery store. We need a lot more rain to wash this away.

19. gpmotorsllc

gpmotorsllc Karting

Jun 27, 2011
    Camano Island, WA
    Full Name:
    Jon F Beutler Jr.
    It really is bad. No salt around here, but plenty of sand and a few residual snow spots. I was planning on driving the Mondial up to my shop (45 min drive) and putting it in the garage there, but don't really want to drive it in the yuck. Driving our Subaru was bad enough hearing all the junk hitting the sides and the rock which hit our windshield. Shutters.

20. mtarvydas

mtarvydas Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2011
    On the Mountain
    Full Name:
    Martin Tarvydas
    The sand and salt is brutal in Bellevue and now black ice. Sure hope tomorrow's storm is just rain which should wash everything away.

21. gpmotorsllc

gpmotorsllc Karting

Jun 27, 2011
    Camano Island, WA
    Full Name:
    Jon F Beutler Jr.
    I drove the Ferrari today. The skies opened up here at it was actually a beautiful drive! I am going to give it a mini detail and park it in the shop now until a nicer day then go for a nice drive! We'll see how long I last with it in the garage...

Today once I got off my road I could avoid the sand pretty well. And for the most part the roads were dry up in these parts.

22. gpmotorsllc

gpmotorsllc Karting

Jun 27, 2011
    Camano Island, WA
    Full Name:
    Jon F Beutler Jr.
    Nice weather expected this weekend! Anyone interested in getting together Saturday?

23. Superdan

Superdan Rookie

Dec 8, 2011
    Anacortes WA
    Full Name:
    Dan Berlin
    i might be able to. We dont have any plans as of yet.

24. gpmotorsllc

gpmotorsllc Karting

Jun 27, 2011
    Camano Island, WA
    Full Name:
    Jon F Beutler Jr.
    You are in Anacortes too! That is convenient. Maybe a Chuckanut run would be fun... I don't know yet if my day is spoken for either, but I know driving a Ferrari up Chuckanut would be my preference!

25. gpmotorsllc

gpmotorsllc Karting

Jun 27, 2011
    Camano Island, WA
    Full Name:
    Jon F Beutler Jr.
    Well, turns out I'll be working tomorrow... shame too as it should likely be a beautiful day. I drove the Mondial home tonight to enjoy this weather!