Free car photoshoot? | FerrariChat

Free car photoshoot?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Rogue86, Jan 14, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rogue86

Rogue86 Rookie

Jan 14, 2012
    West Yorks
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Good afternoon,

Hope no-one has any issues with me signing up to post this, but I thought someone might be interested.

My name is Graham, and I'm a military photographer based at RAF Coningsby, Lincolnshire. I also run ###### in my spare time, which is focused largely around providing photography of private cars, and motorsport. Over the years, I've been fortunate enough to cut my teeth in a variety of situations and environments, and for 2012, I'll be working with Togethia Media Services to cover the Time Attack and British Drifting Championship series, as well as a host of other events.

So, enough of who I am, and onto why I'm here. I recently undertook a job photographing a Cold War nuclear-weapon storage facility, built by the USAF. The site was since used to store bombs for the RAF, and then was ultimately closed for business in the late 80s after people began residing in the area. It was then briefly used as part of the pre-deployment training by the RAF Regiment, and then closed for good in the late 90s. After completing the job, I tried my luck asking to use the site for a car photoshoot, and to my surprise was given the go ahead.

Ideally, I'm looking for a red Ferrari to compliment the largely green, run-down feel of the site. However, I only have a two-week window until the land is no longer available to me, so I'm open to anyone interested in having images of their car taken. In the past, I've posted these sorts of things on Pistonheads and generally received a huge number of emails from owners with all kinds of cars. This time however, I really want a Ferrari (I've only done a photoshoot for one in the past, a red 360CS shortly before I joined the RAF).

Essentially, all I need is someone who would like free, high-resolution images taking of their car, who is available within the next two weeks, and willing to travel to RAF Coningsby. I'd be looking to do this either late in the afternoon, or at night (sunset preferred depending on the glorious British weather). I appreciate that, for some of you, this might mean bringing a car out of hibernation, or might mean travelling. I'm happy to provide free 8x12" prints once the images are edited as a token of my appreciation.

I know I'd be a bit sceptical if someone posted asking me to meet up with them in my Ferrari in the middle of an abandoned site in Lincolnshire, but I assure you this isn't any sort of scam. The site is located within RAF Coningsby grounds, and is regularly patrolled by the Millitary Provost Guard Service (MPGS) as well as RAF Police.

If you're interested, or know a friend who might be, then please get in touch with me at [email protected], or through the 'contact us' section of http://Rogue86.com (which should also hopefully put your mind at rest that this is genuine!). I'm sure some of you have previously hired photographers in the past for weddings, family portraits etc, so can probably appreciate that it's not often we do work for free!

Thanks for taking the time to read all this, and here's some images from other cars I've photographed over the last 18 months or so (you'll have to click the links as it appears 'IMG' codes are off):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks again, and hopefully I'll hear from some of you soon.

Regards,

Graham

2. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    can't say I can help you based on location (I'm in the States), but as a fellow photographer I'd like to say you have some amazing material in your portfolio there....VERY envious of your work experience!!! Hope you find some support here :)

3. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Graham whilst I appreciate what you are trying to do here and would love to see the outcome of the photoshoot I feel that by posting the companys name in the thread it could be seen by some as a form of advertising?

I will leave this thread for the time being but will edit it slightly :) I am sure that if you are willing to subscribe to Ferrarichat.com you will get a lot more interest :)

Best wishes.
    Steve.