What do women love more... a nice car or a nice pad? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

What do women love more... a nice car or a nice pad?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by JackAstoria71, Mar 12, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 458beast

458beast Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2011
    rainy
    Full Name:
    Will
    A nice yacht is best for you.

You can live on it and bring back the girls to your room, afterwards dispose them in the ocean ;) joke.

2. Nells250

Nells250 Rookie

Mar 16, 2012
    Near Boston
    As a woman who likes cars, it is hard for me to answer this question. Quite frankly, I am very hard to impress...

But in the long run, a home, ANY home is far more important than a snazzy car. I am somewhat spoiled, though... my boyfriend has some snazzy vehicles... well, they are snazzy to us!

:)

Oh, and I hate condos. Why spend all that money on something without a lawn, garden, driveway, garage... all YOURS, with no condo association to meddle with...

3. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Show us one who is NOT! :rolleyes:

If you mow yours I'll mow mine!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvFSgXpyhoM[/ame]

4. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    I'm so confused by this thread. youredoingitwrongbro.

If you're looking to run through hot chicks, you just need swagger and a small amount of cash. No car/ house/ etc needed. I never bring randos to my house anyway.

If you're looking for Mrs. Right, the last thing I'd want to have her base her attraction on is my belongings. Blech... I make women earn my attention, not the other way around. The number one thing women are attracted to is confidence. Nothing else matters.

Throw all the above out the window if you're a fat turd, and then you probably do need the car/ house.

Just saying.

5. chp

chp Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2005
    Obviously the topic of this thread is approached from very different perspectives.

Sure, but that`s not the point, if I got him right. I think his point was, whether such things are being and if so, how they are recognized. And my impression is, that they are. Even by girls who don`t really have any material needs, because they are highly educated and can easily make their own living.

And I simply cannot imagine that the majority of this forum prefers to vanish in mediocrity or even look like this:

6. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    OP,
    Women want what they want and some want a flashy car or nice house or both. I would not buy either if my decision was based upon what I THINK a woman wants, your fooling yourself if you think you know. Buy what you want, life is short.

7. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

many of you have quickly forgotten...the guy is in shape! please...focus.

8. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    "Excuse me sir but....WTF?"

9. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004
    #59 WJGESQ, Mar 17, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
    Women go thru stages. The unacceptable uncool, becomes desirable if he can provide the security and lifestyle, but women don't usually care particularly about that until late twenties or early thirties. In the early twenties, they think their looks will last forever and they feel at liberty to indulge themselves with anyone dangerous or exciting. That explains Daytona. Many attractive girls squander their youth and then go looking for Mr. Right and it's then they start concerning themselves with security and, in measuring security, the start noticing cars, houses and watches, just as the candle of their glory days begins to dim ever so slightly. In short, they party hard, then run for cover.

10. JackAstoria71

JackAstoria71 Rookie

Sep 16, 2011
    Haha! Great thread guys, thanks for the entertaining replies. Some of you get it, some of you don't, but overall we got a good discussion going on here and that's what matters.

I would not be getting a nice car or house or watch or whatever just to impress women, I would getting them because I want to. Yes, I want nice cars, homes, furniture, accessories, toys, etc etc etc. Who doesn't? We all do. But, part of the reason why any of us buy anything "expensive" is to show off to some degree, whether we can admit it or not. Part of the reason why we obtain these impractical and unnecessary things or go to great lengths to "improve" ourselves is to increase our appeal factor to the masses and the opposite sex.

Do you really need that $15K IWC watch? Do you really need a six pack? Do you really need to drive a BMW? Do you really need to buy anything designer?

For the poster who said the girl chose the Porsche 911 over the F50... ummmm, it's still a Porsche!!!!! Last I checked, Porsche's are not everyday cheap cars! Hehehe!

11. JackAstoria71

JackAstoria71 Rookie

Sep 16, 2011
    Very good shape. :D

12. JackAstoria71

JackAstoria71 Rookie

Sep 16, 2011
    What car do you drive?

13. JackAstoria71

JackAstoria71 Rookie

Sep 16, 2011
    Women want a provider, they want security and stability. Do they care about the specific car? Most no. But, all those things (car, house, material items, etc) add up to convey the impression of a good provider (or not). If the car did not matter than I would drive a beater Honda Civic. How many here are driving these? :)

14. JackAstoria71

JackAstoria71 Rookie

Sep 16, 2011
    Update: I viewed the condo and it was not as great as I had expected. Nice view, but it was too exposed to the other condos on one side. So the search continues.

15. JackAstoria71

JackAstoria71 Rookie

Sep 16, 2011
    The wise one in me is leaning towards putting my money into a new pad... and then getting a good ol' Porsche 911. :) I'm deciding between the 2s vs 4s. It will be my everyday driver and I will drive it in the winter as well.

I live in the big city so houses are not exactly available where I am at. There are only condos in the areas I like.

16. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    Not that its relevant but I drive a Volkswagen. I could drive a school bus and still pull tail ;)

17. wingfeather

wingfeather F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2007
    rock bottom
    I know a "guy" (more like slimeball) who owns a beater & can get laid on command. His car looks abandoned, he has no real home, his word is worthless and he is greasy. But WOW do the women eat him up!!!

18. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Could it be the "Oh I can fix him" syndrome?

Self confidence can be a positive or a negative depending on said female.

19. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    #69 WILLIAM H, Mar 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I think there are cases when women are attracted to cars

Like before during or right after a hurricane or major catastrophic event and you show up in this baby :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. solofast

solofast Formula 3

Oct 8, 2007
    Indianapolis
    When I was single and chasing women I always found their ears perked up when I said I was a pilot and had my own plane...

Don't know why, but perhaps it's because it is something that sets you apart from the average guy.. There are lots of wealthy jerks out there that think women want a guy with an expensive car or house. Anybody with some money can go buy a nice house or a expensive car or some bling. Having some bucks doesn't prevent you from being a jerk..

Perhaps it says something about being adventurous or worldly, but there is something about pilots that women find attractive, maybe it's a thing about the alpha male factor, that you know how to control things... Or that you can go anyplace, any time that you want to and you like to do things and aren't a stick in the mud...... Whatever it was it wasn't a bad thing.....

21. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    The simplest thing from a male could be the most important thing too a female. I quit trying to figure it out many many years ago yet I still ponder as many others do.

22. Mike J

Mike J Formula Junior

May 10, 2005
    Ship Bottom, NJ
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I don't think the car or pad matter too much.

I think most women are looking for a level headed guy who is reasonably successful. They want someone who will spend time with them and eventually become an exceptional father. They want a guy who can afford a 3BR/4BR 2BA home in a decent area; it doesn't have to be the Hamptons or Malibu. I also think most prefer a guy who has earned whatever he has on his own. Women like a guy who doesn't have to answer to his family nor coast on their coattails.

Just my observation.

23. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean

Ha ha ha, this is the best laugh of the day. I aways thought the new Ghost was just the thing for my late 40's maturity, now I see why.

The most women pulled by a car in my experience was with my 69 beetle baja bug,

The wife though likes the house, furniture, knives forks sheets, and whtever else is important to the nest. On the other hand she accepted me having the car before we could afford a house. But to her the cars are a waste, other than my obsession with cars seems to absorb time that might be spent with women or some other activity, so is accepted, and she does want me to be happy.

Point is, I would venture to guess that most people here are car addicts, and what those cars express to others is of limited importance to them. A Porche site might be a better venue for this thread.

24. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

ScuderiaWithStickPlease F1 World Champ

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    I think most women -- most people, for that matter -- assume that if you own a Ferrari you own a decent home as well.

25. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Take dance lessons if you want to have your pick of women at the clubs ;)
    (at least that's how it use to work back in my day... before rap music) LOL

Leaving the Ferrari out in the parking lot never did my friend any good.
    (he spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to get his 308 into the disco) LOL