The Massa Sucks Thread *OF COURSE THERE ARE SPOILERS* | Page 39 | FerrariChat

The Massa Sucks Thread *OF COURSE THERE ARE SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'F1' started by Senna1994, Mar 26, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    I am not saying Perez is good of a driver as Vettel or as highly ranked within his field as Newey. I am basing the comparison upon what's in it for Perez and what was in it for the others.

Perez is in a fast car, maybe faster than the Ferrari, and is at least equal in status to Kobi. He also brings a boatload of money, being the first successful Mexican in F1 for decades.

He has significant value. And not Perez, nor Sauber is going to give up that value for nothing... and Ferrari won't get it for nothing.

Put yourself in Peter Saubers shoes. Ferrari wants Perez. Do you give him up in trade for Massa? I don't. Not unless they are willing to open their wallet wide. Really, really wide.

2. SRT Mike

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Which is exactly what I am saying isn't true, and is proven not to be what all of you guys think it is.... Newey turned them down, so did Vettel, so did Michael.

And others have too, depending on which of the rumors you believe.

3. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Since Massa isn't here to defend himself...

Yup - business as usual at Scuderia Ferrari. :facepalm:

>8^)
    ER

4. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    What about Ferrari and Fisichella? That from the outside appears to be a bad decision from Fisi and Force India, yet it did happen and now fisi races GT cars. The FI car was becoming competitive and him staying there could have added some great stats to his mediocre F1 career and to the fledgling F1 team. They did not choose that course of action.

5. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Only Perez knows if he wants to be at The Scuderia or not. If he goes there then we will know as well.

6. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Of course considerations (explicit or not) will be needed but in the long run Sauber is a stepping stone team. It will never (ok never say never) be the potential championship mount that Ferrari is likely to be again.
    It's a smart career move for Perez. One that might not come again.

7. SRT Mike

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht

Fisichella situation was different. He was already on his last year with Force India. Ferrari had put Badoer in the car because of the Massa incident, and Badoer was so bad that they had to replace him... but they were out of drivers.

Fisichella fit the bill... he is Italian, and they put him in the car at the Italian GP. It wasn't "hey, Fisichella is awesome, we're Ferrari so we can have anything we want! Let's get him". It was "Hey, we need a driver badly... Badoer sucks donkey balls... Fisichella is on his last year, and he's Italian. We could probably toss Force India some money to release him early since they already have Liuzzi waiting in the wings who is next year's driver anyway".

8. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    What would be entertaining is Ferrari hiring Perez this season and his results are the same as Massa's and it's confirmed that FA is the ONLY person who can drive that car.

9. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Somehow, I view that as unlikely.

10. SRT Mike

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    I don't see how it's a smart career move. If you look at any of the top drivers, there have never been any who got there by going to Ferrari as the stated #2.

Actually, I'd say history shows that the #2 seat at Ferrari is pretty much a dead end job, unless you're able to beat the #1 guy. And considering Alonso is the other guy, there is a 0.01% chance of that happening. And further considering Alonso has designated #1 status written into his contact, make that a 0.0001% chance.

If Perez is the real deal... like a Button, Hamilton, Vettel, Rosberg... someone who could really be a top shelf driver, going to Ferrari would be a career killer.

11. SRT Mike

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    The only way they are going to get results like Massa's is if they replace him with a turnip. Or some other vegetable.

And I don't even mean that facetiously. It's not likely that Massa will score any points this year... so a turnip would actually get the same results!

12. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Point taken but there is something to be said for acting when you have a hot hand.
    Of course Ferrari may not be the only team casting eyes on him.

13. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    The minutia are different but the generalities are similar. Ferrari mid season taking a driver form a lessor team when they could have been more competitive at the original team. Your argument is that it doesn't make sense. It might not from certain perspectives however it has happened before and might happen again.

14. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I'm not certain I agree with this.

15. SRT Mike

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    No, the generalities are totally different.

Perez is a new driver who is apparently fast and talented. If Ferrari wants him, it's because they want someone to perform where Massa hasn't.

Fisichella was an old driver on his way out and Ferrari tossed him a bone because they needed someone and he was Italian. It was feel-good PR.

Force India giving up Fishchella has nothing in common with Sauber giving up Perez.

16. SRT Mike

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Hmmm, ok.

What if we draw a smiley face on the turnip, so we can call it "a really nice, well liked turnip".

Does that help? :D

17. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Maybe because he's part of their Driver Academy and they conceivably already have a contract with him.

Maybe because Ferrari probably "placed" him at Sauber like they did with Massa and have an option on his contract.

Maybe because Perez tested for Ferrari last year while already at Sauber: http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2011/09/15/perez-bianchi-complete-ferrari-test/

Won't happen this year, but good chance it will next year.

18. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    #968 barbazza, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    ...Wilson replaces Massa!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Ouch!!! :cool:

20. wazie7262

wazie7262 Formula 3

Feb 13, 2008
    Temecula, CA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    It'd be a good move by Ferrari.

21. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    First off,

I don't see any reasons Perez would want to come to Ferrari. Of course it'll be cool to be a Ferrari driver, but let's face it. They'r re in a bit of a crisis right now. I appreciate the Malaysian GP victory, but, deep down, we all know it was just a fluke. Even Alonso could not believe it, and is urging Ferrari to keep on improvising the car.

Perez, can stay on at Sauber and be their star driver. Perhaps, build a name, attract plenty of sponsors, build the team around him, and who knows, eventually moving up to Merc or Red Bull or Mclaren.

I think if he jumps ship here, it's a career mistake. Just ask Fernando Torres or Andy Carroll.

22. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    This is what I was thinking. I was under the impression that considering he got his seat from the Ferrari Academy that Perez was essentially 'on loan' to Sauber and Ferrari reserve the right to pull him back if they want.

23. Sellnit

Sellnit Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2010
    Cincinnati
    Full Name:
    James
    Let's not lose fact of the point the the WCC is more important to Ferrari than the WDC. Perez is the correct move to win a WCC. Look at the points haul they could have theoretically with Perez over Massa. Still I do not think it will happen this year, as would it be a straight swap? Massa for Perez? Or Massa gone, Perez in, and Suitl to Sauber? Or does Rossi get a shot then? So much conjecture.

24. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    #974 PhilNotHill, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
    I just want somebody who can drive the GD car!

Please note there are 14 drivers that have more GP points than Phil. One is Fred so that leaves only 13 to choose from.

25. Sellnit

Sellnit Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2010
    Cincinnati
    Full Name:
    James
    +1