Ottawa - Franks Auto Centre - CLOSED | FerrariChat

Ottawa - Franks Auto Centre - CLOSED

Discussion in 'Canada' started by TCJ1965, Apr 4, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TCJ1965

TCJ1965 Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2004
    Hello All!

A friend of mine who has an Alfa Romeo told me last Friday night that Franks had closed. I could not believe it - an Ottawa Institution!

Drove by last night and yes it is closed, even the storage yard a few doors down has been cleared out. That's too bad used to love looking at the cars in there. Oh well, here come some more townhouses!

Cheers!
    Terry Jones
    Ottawa

2. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Was this unexpected?

3. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    Delio is a good friend of mine and part of the Italian car club of Ottawa which is the Ottawa chapter of Associazione motori italiani Canada inc.

They just decided to retire and enjoy life. Giovanni wasn't around much anymore anyway. Congrats to the boys for all their hard work over the years and you deserve to enjoy life a little more now.

It is sad to see that place closed since it is an institution but the italian car parade will live on...

As a matter of fact, this reminds me that I should probably give them a call to see how they're doing...

4. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knt0q5m0hmI&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

5. Nick Puopolo

Nick Puopolo Canada

Oct 5, 2010
    On behalf of everyone at the Pro Italia Motor Club in Toronto, I would like to thank Delio and all the boys at Franks Auto Centre for the wonderful hospitality they have shown us over the years when we attended the Italian Car Parade.
    We have a large group attending this year and a can’t wait to congratulate Delio for a job well done.

Now That the garage is closed , I hope Delio and the gang can attend Italian Car Day in Woodbridge Ontario July 21 so we can show them a good time.

Nick Puopolo
    ICD Director
    www.italiancarday.com

6. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    The Ottawa parade and the Fiat Breakout are 2 of the official Amici Canada events and Delio and the entire ICCO gang are a big part of those events.

On behalf of Amici Canada and Club Fiat Montreal, congratulations on your retirement and we'll see you at the Parade and Breakout as usual.

7. mrfissa

mrfissa Karting

May 27, 2005
    #7 mrfissa, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here is an extremely rare picture of Delio (guy with the green sweater) with his hands in his own pockets. LOL!

Just kidding Delio. Misunderstood while he was in business, but dearly missed now that the shop is closed.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login