Long Beach IndyCar race | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Long Beach IndyCar race

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by texasmr2, Apr 15, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DAYTONASME

DAYTONASME Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester UK
    Full Name:
    DAYTONASME
    They could both learn a lot from Mario -

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTqa-TbrCnQ[/ame]

Undoubtedly one of the best all-rounders in motorsport history

Ed

2. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    #27 texasmr2, Apr 17, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
    I was only sporting my opinion concerning Marco's "reaction" not his skill level, I have followed the Andretti's for many many years and I do not understand how the resemblance between father and son is not recognized, it is and was never either one of theirs faults for a racing incident that took them out of a race except on a very rare occasion.

I standby my opinion and conclusion that the contact was 100% Marcos fault but I also have respect for other opinions, just good banter around the fireplace.

3. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    I agree, you do get use to the sound after a while, however the looks of the car is a complete turn off.

4. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Race Controller has ruled against GR siting avoidable contact. He is on probation for the next 6 races.

5. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    TOTALL BS!!!

The Andretti's once again walk away unscathed, typicall!

6. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    excellent video, I hadn't seen that. thanks for passing it along.

7. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I actually do think it's a bit of BS because (as stated previously) per the "one move defense" rule, he didn't do anything against the rules.

I suspect IndyCar will be changing that rule soon :)

8. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Comes down to defending vs blocking rule.

People were upset at Barber about what was OK and what wasn't. Same here. They are all trying to sort this out right now and find out what is OK and isn't.

I support the rule and how Beaux is enforcing it.

As to the waiting for the review, since both cars were out of the race, focus could remain in the racing at hand this could be dealt with at the first opportunity. I'm OK with that too.

9. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I see both sides. on one hand it's racing, you should be able to defend your position to a point; so one move seems okay to me. on the other, as we saw at Barber, Helio blocked Graham for several laps in a row to stay on the podium, which isn't very sporting (although it makes for a good "show").

as for enforcement I'd like to hear Beaux's decision on this one....was the probation for blocking (and therefore there's inconsistency in the rules, IMO) or was the probation for contact/making a dangerous move? I haven't seen an official press release on the decision.

10. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    release from Indycar:

initiating avoidable contact I'd agree with.

11. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    Graham spoke with Mario today, it's all good.

12. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    Mario or Marco?

13. jeffashcraft

jeffashcraft Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2006
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    Jeff Ashcraft

14. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    This is the right outcome.

15. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    Mario. Bit of a war of words last night because Graham brought up the name "Andretti" after the race. Mario took it personally, felt insulted by Graham and Mario made it known on twitter. Graham asked Marco/Mario to call and talk instead of using twitter. Graham spoke with him earlier to resolve that issue. Not sure if Graham has spoken with Marco.

16. OhioMark

OhioMark Formula Junior

Feb 16, 2006
    TexasMr2:

Marco wouldn't be in Indy Car if it wasn't for his family name. He did nothing to impress
    in the lower formula's, and hasn't done much in nearly 6 or 7 years of Indycar. His Grandfather's
    record is well known, and Michael has 30+ victories, but Marco will be
    lucky to win 1/10th of his father's totals if he continues along the same path. Even if
    he made the pass on Graham, he wouldn't have made the corner and would have collected
    another driver or the tires. Either way, he would have ended up in the same fashion he
    actually did finish the race. He always seems to be an accident waiting to happen!

Mark

17. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    ah, gotcha.

I wasn't paying attention to the Twitterverse over the weekend :)

18. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    FINALLY!!!! Someone who actually see's and understands my view. ;)

19. Gliozzi

Gliozzi Karting

May 6, 2011
    Oakdale Calif.
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I was there and that little prick would not give me a autograph while we were on the track before the race. He joins the list with Tony Stewart.

Guys you realize there was a ALMS race and it featured 2 458's. Team sponsored by Patron.

The team of Sharp and Vaoverbeek car 02 had a podium finish. And you guess it Patrom flowed in the pits after plus it was Vaoverbeek birthday. Great day.

Also the Pirelli World Challenge that featured a 430 that was about to overtake the Cadillac's with about 20 min. left 430 was running 4th at the time.

20. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I met Tony Stewart (years ago) and he was a really nice, down to earth guy. he actually held a door open for me.

PWC and ALMS races were pretty good and decent Ferrari action in both!

21. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    I know Tony is a down to earth guy and that is why I like him. :)

Relevance too the the topic/subject of this thread? :confused:

22. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I heard somewhere, sorry I can't recall to give the exact quote, but that Marco is now at the same age as when his father started to collect podium finishes.

He is being very aggressive on the track. I think he's matured some as a driver. If he can continue to mature and drive with his head, maybe we'll see better from him. I'm not a fan, but I really want to be. I'm watching and waiting to see how his career unfolds.

23. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    one thing that gets missed with both Marco and Graham is not only the pressure of living up to the family name, but how freakin' young they were when they started in IndyCar. Graham was 19 and won very early on....which only compounded the expectation IMO. I think Marco was 19 or 20 when he started in Indycars as well.

24. URY914

URY914 Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2004
    Temple Terrace FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    #49 URY914, Apr 18, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
    I heard an interview with Mario and he said that Marco was brought into IndyCar racing too soon.

25. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

i did enjoy the alms race more:)