Valence USA | FerrariChat

Valence USA

Discussion in '348/355' started by 288gto-evoluzione, Apr 19, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 288gto-evoluzione

Mar 28, 2011
    Does anyone have experience with products from Valence? I am considering a center console tunnel. The price is relatively high, but the quality looks nice.

Also, if anybody knows where to get a pair of F1-paddles in carbon, made in the exact same size as the originals, please tell.

2. F355Bob

F355Bob Formula 3

I have the full Valence carbon fiber console and dash carbon fiber inserts. There stuff is not a veneer but actual carbon fiber. I got it about 6-7 years ago. First the quality is unmatched. Mine was the first they had done. It was expensive, I think the console was $1800. The only problem was time. It took a year and 10 phone calls to get it done when they said it would take a month. Since mine was the first, there was alot of R&D being done when it was made so I don't know if the time frame has changed, but you will not be disappointed with the quality.

3. dailyferraridriver

dailyferraridriver Formula 3
    Owner

Nov 12, 2010
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Erik
    100% agree with F355Bob. I had a center console made as well - not cheap but is not an overlay either - full carbon fiber. Time was an issue as well - they missed the deadline by about a month. Not a problem if your time schedule isn't pressing. In total I believe it took them 2 months to deliver instead of the month estimate. No fitting problems either, which is very important.

Here is a pic of the unit:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=141063432&postcount=220

Thanks,
    Erik

4. Yassa

Yassa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2011
    London
    Full Name:
    Dr Yassa Hughes
    Wow...looks amazing.

I think the carbon look works really well with a black interior, not too sure how it would look on lighter color interiors. Any one got pics on a beige or cream interior?

5. dougburhyte

dougburhyte Karting

Dec 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    Douglas Burhyte
    I agree with the above... quality is great but lead time horrendous. I waited well over a year for a center console from Valence USA. Afte many e-mail and telephone exchanges, I finally gave up and ordered it from MACarbon, who delivered in about a month.

6. 288gto-evoluzione

Mar 28, 2011
    Seems like a bit of a mess with them, but nice quality. MACarbon doesn't seem to make the actual tunnel, just the inserts.

7. dailyferraridriver

dailyferraridriver Formula 3
    Owner

Nov 12, 2010
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Mine is cream - I'll see if I can get a shot for you.

Erik

8. Yassa

Yassa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2011
    London
    Full Name:
    Dr Yassa Hughes
    Thanks

9. Rorie

Rorie Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2007
    I've been waiting since October for engine lateral panels. I have no idea what is up at Valence. I just sent Chris another e-mail asking for updates as the car will start being put back together in a few weeks.

R

10. Pengster355

Pengster355 Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2006
    Singapore
    I had the same issue on timing. My credit card was charged right after I emailed them to order but months and months went by with no email update. I finally got my money back (again, it took 1-2 months chasing them). So I can't comment on their quality

cheers
    Peng

11. jlm348

jlm348 Formula 3

Nov 26, 2002
    Scottsdale + LA
    Full Name:
    Jean-Louis
    I ordered a carbon fiber center console piece for my 348 spider years ago. I do not remember how long it took, I think a couple of months. There work is superb, everyone comments on how beautiful it is.

12. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    Wow, these kind of wait times are the kiss of death for a company. Even if the quality is fantastic there is no way I would wait that long. It immediately changed my mind on who to go to for carbon fiber.

13. dougburhyte

dougburhyte Karting

Dec 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    Douglas Burhyte
    Rorie - MACarbon did my engine bay side panels - I imagine that's what you are calling laterals - and they came out beautiful. John at MACarbon also painstakingly transferred all the original panel labels and plaques to the carbon fiber ones to maintain the appearance. Very nice, indeed.

Doug

14. MikeR397

MikeR397 Formula 3

May 9, 2010
    SE Michigan
    My 360 has a full CF interior by Valence. It is all very stunning and I highly recommend it. Pricey stuff though.

15. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    What's the weight difference compared to the stock console?

16. F355Bob

F355Bob Formula 3

I never weighted the parts but if memory serves me it weights half the amount of the stock parts. No comparison in looks. The carbon fiber is much more impressive than the stock parts.

17. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I couldn't care less about the looks, more concerned with weight. Something like this that doesn't affect the useability of the car but can reduce weight might be worth doing, but as I don't know what a factory console weighs, it doesn't help much. Are we talking 2lbs of weight saving or 10lbs?

18. F355Bob

F355Bob Formula 3

It might be a couple pounds. Doesn't really matter if it saved 6 or 7 pounds, would it be worth $1800 to save 6 or 7 lbs in a 3150lb car?

19. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    At 10lbs, it might be worth building something. At 2lbs, probably not.

20. plugzit

plugzit F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Bruce Bogart
    5 pounds here, ten pounds there, pretty soon you got a car that's faster'n others like it! These cars REALLY respond to weight savings. I'd rather spend money to make it lighter than to make it heavier.

21. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    My old crew chief always told me it's a whole lot cheaper and easier for the driver to lose 10lbs to 20lbs than to spend the $$$ to get weight out of the car. Just saying.....;)

22. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    That's on the agenda. Had to have an achilles re-attached so it's a little slow going. If the leather shrinks on me I'll recover in alcantara to save some weight, but that's one of those 'if' deals. I've got challenge rims, test pipes, will be putting together a 'racing' exhaust at some point (mostly to get rid of the weight of the stock setup) and I really want to find some decent (light) seats as I was sliding all around when I tried an autocross. I was just curious if there was much weight to be gained from doing the center console in CF (or more likely for me since it doesn't carry any load, GRP).