330/365 GTC Values | FerrariChat

330/365 GTC Values

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by 65 f.i., May 9, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 65 f.i.

65 f.i. Karting

Feb 10, 2008
    Santa Barbara, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Martin
    During the late eighties, the price of Ferraris had seen a radical rise only to be followed by a radical decline.
    It seems there has been quite an up-surge in GTC prices over the past couple years. Is there more breath in the market or has this beautiful design reached its pinnacle?

2. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    Who knows? It's like predicting where a flock of sparrows will go.

There seems to be a little more recognition for what the cars really are (a Lusso version of the 275GTB, NOT a 2+2 with a bench less), which is helping values. Really good ones are pretty rare but I'm sure more will be restored with better values holding.

But they will never be Lusso money, nor 275 money. Those models are just too famous and desired. And still people are confused about the 330/365. A Ferrari enthousiast recently tried to convince me, the owner, that there was a back seat in my car..... :(

Onno

3. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    For many years GTC's were under rated, they are truly wonderful cars to drive and I prefer driving a good one to a 275 or Lusso. That said I think that they are properly valued at the moment. They will follow the tide with 275's and Lusso's. To me it appears that 275's have hit a plateau. Lusso's continued to climb into this year but perhaps that reflects the cost of restoration of those that have sold. The strength and weaknesses of currencies set the course of values.

4. pueche

pueche Karting

Oct 5, 2006
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Jaime Pueche
    I don t know how much they will fetch, never driven a Lusso or 275, but as a 365 GTC owner all I can say it s a terrific car to drive! Simply gorgeous! Comfortable, powerful, quick, easy to drive, you can put a golf bag in the trunk, travel with luggage, even my wife likes it, and every time it looks to me prettier! Undervalued!

5. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Maybe the daytona is the last true bargain of the Enzo era cars?!?!
    Ed

6. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Yes. But the fact that Daytona road car is not eligible for a lot of events is what hurts its value.

7. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    This is also true for the 330/365GTC, alas.

Onno

8. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    I think availabilty also has something to do with it, nearly double the numbers of Daytonas built to 275s. I do agree that the Daytona is a lot less eligible for events than it's older brothers though.

9. Atombender

Atombender Karting

Apr 6, 2012
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Alex
    GTC/GTS have risen in price in recent years while Daytonas have been rather stable. Still, the ultrarare (and handsome, compared to the 365 California monstrosity) 365 GTS should be in the same price league as a much more common 365 GTS/4.

It's mostly the stunning design and the engine that sets Daytonas a bit apart.

10. 65 f.i.

65 f.i. Karting

Feb 10, 2008
    Santa Barbara, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Martin
    One for the experts: What effect does a re-stamped engine have on value of a 330/365 GTC?

11. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    I'm guessing it's a negative.