HK Exotics spotting | Page 115 | FerrariChat

HK Exotics spotting

Discussion in 'Asia' started by ApeGen, Feb 18, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RWP

RWP Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2008
    HK
    It was going on / coming off a flatbed at IMSS.

2. RWP

RWP Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2008
    HK
  3. RWP

RWP Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2008
    HK
    Yowza! Here's something you don't see for sale everyday. RHD too, any HK folk willing to take the plunge I wonder?

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C220341

The Cizeta-Moroder V16T, now known as just the Cizeta V16T, is an Italian sports car (built from 1991 to 1995) created by automotive engineer Claudio Zampolli in a joint venture with music composer Giorgio Moroder and designed by the famed Marcello Gandini. It was the only product of the Cizeta company. It was developed by a group of ex-Lamborghini employees and initially introduced in 1988

History:
    The Cizeta-Moroder name comes from the spelling in Italian of the initials of the designer Claudio Zampolli (Ci-Zeta) and Giorgio Moroder. The V16T implies that its engine is a V16 unit mounted Transversely in the central rear position, just forward of the rear axle and behind the passenger seats. However, the engine was not a true V16. Rather, it was engineered from the ground up as two flat plane V8s sharing a single block, mounted transversely, with gearing between the two providing a single output from the center of the engine assembly to the longitudinal transmission.

Design:
    The chassis was formed of an aluminum honeycomb structure, wrapped in a sleek body designed by Marcello Gandini, who had previously designed the Lamborghini Countach and some aerodynamic Maseratis. The shape of the V16T is actually an original design for the Lamborghini Diablo by Gandini when he was at Lamborghini. However, in 1987 when Chrysler obtained controlling interest in Lamborghini, their design team "softened" the edges and generally modified Gandini's original design, leaving Gandini famously unimpressed. Gandini then joined forces with Zampolli and they conceived the Cizeta based on Gandini's original design for the Diablo. Thus, in some ways, the car could be considered what the Diablo would have looked like had Chrysler not intervened. Zampolli is credited with most of the final rear design, while Gandini is responsible for the rest.

!!!OUR 1994 Cizeta V16T!!!
    - The world's first V16 supercar
    - One of only 7 ever produced (1991 - 1994)
    - Second to last one built (number 6 of 7)
    - Right Hand Drive (1 of only 3 built in RHD)
    - Styled by Gandini
    - V16 Engine (Top Speed 204 mph)
    - Blue with Blue Leather (the only one in blue)
    - 5 Speed Manual

NOW THE BEST!!!
    - The Car is unregistered!!! (empty Title)
    - It comes with factory Delivery Kms Only!!!

"PRICE FOR THIS CAR IS:$550,000!"

4. vectorfiles

vectorfiles Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2004
    original source:
    http://ferraricollectionforsale.com/cizeta.html

5. Novice7

Novice7 Rookie

May 12, 2012
    Hong Kong
    Hi, I am new to Ferrari.com. I think my exhaust (aftermarket Capistro) needs fixing - the power of the fumes on the right is much stronger than on the left. KKM says I need to replace the whole thing but am not sure. Can this be checked and repaired, or is this a no-brainer "must-change" condition?

6. afterburner

afterburner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2008
    Hong Kong
    ? what is the "power of the fumes" ? There shouldn't be any fumes in the first place.

7. Novice7

Novice7 Rookie

May 12, 2012
    Hong Kong
    er... I mean the air coming out from the exhaust pipes. No, there's no visible fumes in terms of smoke.

8. afterburner

afterburner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2008
    Hong Kong
    er... it would help if we knew what car we are talking about.
    If you have a transversal V8 and your Capristo exhaust doesn't mix the 2 banks (I am not familiar with your exhaust, but the original exhaust on the Mondial mixes the 2 streams), you will have a longer exhaust from the front bank than from the rear bank, which initially will lead to different exhaust temps and pressures at the tips. I think.

9. Novice7

Novice7 Rookie

May 12, 2012
    Hong Kong
    I'm sorry - it is a 2001 360 Modena F1. Was told yesterday by 2 shops it's probably the left "cat". Suggested that if I replaced it (has to be in a pair), I might as well replace the muffler (ie, change the full set).

10. afterburner

afterburner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2008
    Hong Kong
    First:
    ...it's probably the left "cat"... well, before replacing anything, I'd try to eliminate the "probably" by going to someone who can actually trace the problem. If you proceed by elimination, it may well turn into very nice business for all shops that probably know what it is. You could probably replace the car by the time you finally know.

Second:
    ... Suggested that if I replaced it (has to be in a pair).... if it is the cat, maybe a good idea (age wise for ex, because the other one may be on the way out too). However should the damage have been created by a faulty O2 sensor for ex. and the other cat is perfectly healthy, there wouldn't be any need to do so. Trace the problem before replacing things and hoping.

Third:
    .... I might as well replace the muffler... Why? I doubt the muffler is the issue, unless it's physically blocked by cat-debries. Before touching the muffler (= noise reducer, a bunch of curved tubes with holes, spaces and baffles, and mat), trace and fix the problem.

Engines are not believe systems that respond to prayers and hopes... analyze, trace and fix the problem.

Other potential areas to look at would "probably" include the air intake, ignition and FI systems... all checked and well?

11. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    you also need to worry about mot. make sure your new cats are 200 cell or you will fail

12. Jon@Tezta

Jon@Tezta Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Hong Kong / Jakarta
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
  13. Novice7

Novice7 Rookie

May 12, 2012
    Hong Kong
    Thanks Afterburner, DM18.

Would appreciate if anyone can PM me on reliable exhaust shops in HK that I can go to to check out and change necessary parts. My main worry is going to a shop not familiar with the 360/Ferraris.

14. afterburner

afterburner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2008
    Hong Kong
  15. alecela

alecela Formula Junior

May 12, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Jester
    If you're referring to KK Motors as KKM, good luck dealing w/ them. You'll need it!

16. Novice7

Novice7 Rookie

May 12, 2012
    Hong Kong
    Thanks for all the PMs. I did have my suspicions about KKM and the various things they found "wrong" with my car. Especialy the back-hood hydraulic support that suddenly lost holding strength - was wondering if they had swtiched an old defective piece they had replaced for someone else to my car (it's a very simple take-out-and plug-in operation) and then told me I needed to change the set.

17. Ed355

Ed355 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    I had a similar experience with KK. Took the car in for a quote to change the clutch. Left it there for 3 or 4 hours. Mysteriously when I collected the car it was very jerky and it was very hard to shift gears. I don't have any proof that they screwed up the car, but I suspect they added some stuff to my engine oil.

18. afterburner

afterburner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Wow, interesting business model... good to know.

19. pilaki

pilaki Karting

Jul 12, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Angus
    I love you all, I was thinking to try my next service at kkm and now I can save the time to explore them... btw, appreciate a pm to give me kind suggestion :)

20. Novice7

Novice7 Rookie

May 12, 2012
    Hong Kong
    Yes, me too - please PM me as well. I need recommendations as to who I can bring my car to. These horror stories are really helpful to our commnunity because they warn forumers places to be careful of - can we discuss this openly here?

21. dc348

dc348 Formula Junior

May 27, 2006
    Luckily back in HK
    Full Name:
    DC
    Regarding KK, my mate had a similar experience with his 360 F1 pump. So I never took my car there.

22. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    why u guys don't go to imss? i use them a lot and have confidence in them

23. pilaki

pilaki Karting

Jul 12, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Angus
    Yep I serviced mine in imss just wondering if there is any cost efficient trustable alternative after finding myself in love with my car and planning a long term relationship with her :)

Just explore, and really don't mind to stick with imss