The search has ended! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

The search has ended!

Discussion in '348/355' started by johnk..., Jun 20, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CGH

CGH Karting

Nov 8, 2011
    Tenerife, Canary Islands
    Full Name:
    Gino
    Congrats on a lovely looking car! The color is stunning! See that you're from CT. Spent over 4 hours today driving around enjoying my F355 on the beautiful countryside of CT. Pure joy.

2. wiley355

wiley355 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2010
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Wiley
    #27 wiley355, Jun 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. roadracer311

roadracer311 Formula 3

May 6, 2009
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I love Rosso Fiorano! Makes the 355 look a decade newer!

4. noblesteed

noblesteed Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Brantley
    To each there own. This car is gorgeous... love the color but dissing "rosso corsa" is a little sacrilegious in my opinion. It's the color of Ferrari and they started out that way for a reason. Enzo loved it. Ferrari's are never bad in Rosso Corsa, unless you want to go out of your way to be different. I love blue Ferrari's and silver as well, but I'd never ever down a red one. Ferrari's started out red and they race in red. It's heritage.

5. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Actually, Ferraris didn't start out with Corsa. It was closer to Barchetta. RC came much later in history.

6. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    #31 johnk..., Jun 21, 2012
    I was just going to point that out. Also some early racing Ferraris were blue.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. schefdeh5

schefdeh5 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2008
    U.S.A.
    This looks beautiful...I wasn't so thrilled when I saw the first pic of the guy's new car, but if your car looks like this in different light...then congrats congrats to the new owner ... nice color!

8. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    #33 johnk..., Jun 21, 2012
  9. tcannon

tcannon Formula 3

Feb 18, 2009
    Norman, OK
    Full Name:
    Todd Cannon
    Yes, this color can look very different with changes in light and probably even what type of camera you are using to take the pics. I have seen some cars look different because how a camera enterprets the color. In the first pic, it almost looks like a metal flake brown. Beautiful car and color.

10. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005
    #35 VTChris, Jun 21, 2012
  11. TomPDX

TomPDX Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2008
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Beautiful car, congrats!

To each his own, but my second Ferrari is Rosso Corsa. I wan't crazy about it at first, but now I find that I love it more each day.

My first Ferrari was Nero, which I also loved. Nero and RC are my two farovite Ferrari colors, but not neccesarily in that order. I also love Rosso Barchetta, and this color, which is new to me, is also very beautiful. Again, congrats!

12. Jeff348

Jeff348 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2005
    S.I.New York
    Full Name:
    jeff spezzano
  13. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    What a beautiful car! Awesome color combo. You must be very happy. Enjoy!!!

14. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Thanks for all the congrats. Car will have PPI tomorrow. Hope all goes well.

15. RSO1091

RSO1091 Formula 3

Mar 31, 2012
    Idyllwild, CA.
    Full Name:
    Henry S.
    Congratulations John. I almost bought a 95 GTB with that color combination in Seattle last year. It certainly stands out in a sea of the usual Ferrari red (of which I am a proud owner). I hope all works out well with the PPI. Keep us posted.

16. rbellezza

rbellezza F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2008
    Henderson, NV
    Full Name:
    Roberto Bellezza
    Ullalla ! Congratulations !

17. HK Forza

HK Forza Karting

Jun 15, 2012
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Kevin Yeung
    Wow! Congratulations!!! What a wonderfully utterly gorgeous color combination. The condition looks outstanding. You will have many awesome adventures in your stunning stallion. Take it to Napa to Wine Country and it will be right at home.

18. doug328

doug328 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    The Space Coast, FL
    Full Name:
    Doug B
    Same here, looks great.

19. LouB747

LouB747 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2009
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Lou Boyer
    Looks like the search has ended well! CONGRATS!!

20. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Oh well, the PPI did not go as expected. Never got to the compression check which saved a few bucks. The dealer wanted to try to resolved the issues (price adjustment???) but I chose to walk.

The top was inoperable, passenger side window didn't work right, front tires dry rotted and rears warn. This after being told the top and windows all functioned perfectly and the tires were new! There were a couple of other issues as well which I could understand the seller not being aware of. But these, come on! How could you not know th top on a spider doesn't work? The dealer wanted try and find some solution to save the sale, but I just decided I didn't want to do business with a someone who would misrepresent the vehicle to the extent he did in the first place. The deal was contingent on the PPI and my personal inspection. I figure the approach was to draw the buyer in and then when emotionally hooked make concessions to seal the deal. That kind of crap doesn't fly with me.

21. #46 WestPalmBeachFerrari, Jun 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
    That looks a LOT like the lo mile 355F1 at Lamborghini WPB... I sat in it to check how it 'fit' me recently, since its 3miles from my house.
    (And no.. I am not associated with the Ferrari dealer down the street... I just got the user name first.)

Car has 'sat' a garage much of its life, so some things are great, some not so much.

Sales guy told me, service was a yes, and it looks fairly immaculate... BUT no belt service had been done and they were pricing it IMO as if it had.

Just posting this for anyone else being 'lured' in with it. It needs to be $5k less WITH a belt service... IMO.

2cts... spend accordingly. Mod: delete or PM me to edit if this is T.M.I.

Please correct me if this is a 'different' 355F1 ... at a dealership that just happens to have a brown R8 spyder in the front lot... ;-)

Also: Very sorry to hear if thats how you were treated...

22. RSO1091

RSO1091 Formula 3

Mar 31, 2012
    Idyllwild, CA.
    Full Name:
    Henry S.
    Sorry to hear that the deal fell through John. It takes quite a bit of determination to walk away from a seemingly beautiful car like that. I'm sure that the seller wanted to you to see what the car, "could be," and not what it truly was. Takes a lot of guts to do what you did buddy. I look forward to your next thread entitled, "The Search Has Really Finally Ended," when you ultimately get that perfect car.

23. Extreme

Extreme F1 Rookie

May 26, 2010
    Northern Utah
    Full Name:
    Erick
    I understand you being upset with the dealer although these are very minor things and could have easily been fixed. These cars are aging and not going to be perfect or you’re going to pay a good premium. Like I said, I understand your feelings of being lied to but maybe you could have gotten a nice car with very little to sort out.
    Whenever I go into a car dealer I always assume I'm being lied to, it's the way they (most) do business unfortunately.

24. F355steve

F355steve Formula 3

Apr 9, 2008
    Honolulu - Seattle - Okinawa
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Ugh, yeah, that is why I don't deal with dealers. I think John is walking because the dealers is a straight up lier (which cost him PPI money and time). Saying the tires are new and the top works when they both are lies is a big deal. Getting new tires and the top fixed is not really a big deal.

25. BLAMPEE

BLAMPEE Man Card Status: Never Issued

Sorry to hear johnk.....:(

Lots of people say that the search is half the fun. In some cases I disagree--especially if you have 2 or 3 successive cars failing PPIs that were misrepresented and that you had to pay for (the PPI). :(

Like I've stated.....most low-mileage cars aren't always what they seem to be. (Except Road Racer's 111-mile 355 he paid a hefty premium for last year).;)

And getting the top fixed COULD be a couple thousand dollars.....one of the rams costs over $4k just for the part. :eek:

Good luck in your search, my friend.