CS Market | Page 158 | FerrariChat

CS Market

Discussion in '360/430' started by stokpro, Mar 13, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    I wouldn't say that it is more preferred to leather. It was simply standard appointment on the CS so you see more of it. Leather is actually more rare in the CS. For me it is the preferred choice.

2. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    I've never understood this one. A radio in a CS just doesn't feel right. Just added weight. :)

3. jet

jet Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    To each his own, but on long drives it's nice to have your favorite music mixed in with the exhaust note.

4. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I may have turned my stock stereo on once to date. It seems the point of this radio is moot when I turn it on - then have to crank it loud to hear it - to which I get distortion and basically weak sounds.

I chuckle and shut if off.

But for others I get it.

5. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
  6. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    so we took the delivery of the car this morning.
    a couple of observation
    1. the engine is loud. I had expected to be loud but didn't realize how loud it would be. This is a minor problem.
    2. the seat is really low. I can barely see over the steering wheel. I need to figure out how to raise the seat. This is a more serious issue.
    3. I should have test driven the car before buying it. would have been nice to anticipate these things.

7. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    The seat is a simple mount system. Any competent wrench should be able to configure a mount attachment that can bolster the height to suit. Maybe you could even look closely & see if you have something in mind.

The engine... Well, its loud. But the good news = No extra charge for that.

8. Spdrcrj

Spdrcrj Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Engine is loud? I must have a very distorted view of "loud". I think the CS is quite tame. Will be losing all the cats in two weeks. :)

9. trainwrex

trainwrex Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2011
    Perth, Australia
    What are you going to do with the engine check light for the cats?? which brand are you going with??

does it change the sound of the exhaust??

i disconnected my valves and it was much louder at idle etc but it lost the raspyness at high revs and the down shift throttle blips didnt sound anywhere near as sharp...

10. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    thanks for the suggestion. Will look into that.
    being short is only good for flying coach - lots of leg room.

11. jdb

jdb Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    Speaking of exhaust, how different does a CS sound with stock vs. Tubi vs. Capristo? Which is the loudest?

12. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    I just sorted the 'views' for this thread and it's nearly 3x that of the next popular thread. Whoa!

Actually, clean/non-storied, low mileage RC w/ factory stripe are commanding $160k+. One just sold within a couple hours of being listed.

Yes, very rare. I only know of a handful and half of those are storied. Needle in haystack!

Rosso Corsa CS's are rare(r) then Rosso Scuderia given that RS was a new color option for the CS buyers were trying something new. Didn't you look at buying the RC CS from Steve Harris Imports that had Scud stripes?

13. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    +1 Not preferred, just depends on an individual's preference. Both have their pro's and cons.

Stok set up or possibly Tubi. Though I've heard a Tubi (according to owner's claims) on a CS which was practically mute as I've heard Prius' that are louder. If you want the genuine CS sound, go with stok can including the tips.

14. Spdrcrj

Spdrcrj Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim

15. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    I went to the Auto Gallery today to check out this CS and it was sold. Sold in about a week.

16. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    That was fast!

17. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    No kidding! Well I still have not found my dream Scuderia...so my ownership of a CS continues.

18. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    What's your ideal Scud?

19. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    1 owner, under 2,000 miles, 2009, rosso corsa, stripe (yes, I said stripe), yellow tach, red calipers, grey wheels, no BATA, full black alcantara interior (no mesh seats), radio, fire extinguisher, all carbon fibre possible, and VIP book. So cars have come close..but unless it is exactly this, I keep the CS.

20. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    Why 2k miles?
    These cars are getting driven. Odds are good you will never find this.

21. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Then I keep the CS!

22. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    Just wondering, how long does a CS normally stay on the market? I've noticed some cars not moving on Dupont and autotrader but yet hear of cars that sell within a week. So what's the average?

23. jgalt3942

jgalt3942 Rookie

Jan 6, 2011
    #3948 jgalt3942, Jul 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I joined the CS club about three weeks ago. I am enomoured with this vehicle. Although not as fast as the 599 I had, for me, it is so much more fun to drive on my local roads (where the incredible power of the 599 was somewhat lost). I have had the good fortune to drive some of the greatest cars on the planet, and, in my opinion, I could not see too many of those cars taking the place of my CS. This is a truly special car.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. azcarguy

azcarguy Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2003
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Marc
    I've found that cars, not exclusive to CS's, that are priced correctly and have solid histories are on and off the market rather quickly. More quickly if the supply/demand curve, as appears to be the case with the CS, is in the seller's favor. I imagine Stokpro can validate this theory in far greater depth as he is in closer touch with the market and I'm simply a frequent buyer/seller of cars in general.

25. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Beautiful CS. Looks like mine.

Where are you?