what is the fastest that you have gone in your 308? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

what is the fastest that you have gone in your 308?

Discussion in '308/328' started by ColoradoTiger, Jul 16, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Yes. As the tach approaches redline in 5th gear, things get busy and the road gets shorter and the focus falls off the speedo.

2. Crallscars

Crallscars F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2006
    Bainbridge, GA
    Full Name:
    Douglas Crall
    Same here.

Who has time to look at the speedo, there's not many places to open them up here in the states and not get caught. When you do, you are watching the end of the road coming up, the tach and oil pressure.......the rear view mirror?

I have seen an indicated 155, speedo error and tire stretch...who knows.

3. vogel

vogel Karting

Jun 21, 2001
    Powder Springs, GA
    Full Name:
    Charles Byrd
    About 120 mph at 7500 RPM in 4th gear. Still had plenty left in 4th, and was very tight and secure feeling. However, I have the euro front spoiler, and 16 inch wheels with lower profile tires. Would not want to try it on the original 14s. I prefer the curves where 60-70 mph has the tires chirping.

4. fin59shaw

fin59shaw Rookie

Jan 18, 2009
    Sedalia, Missouri
    Full Name:
    Rusty
    I got mine up to 80mph once. Once you get to highway speed, it seems like it doesn't take much more pedal to keep going faster, so you have to pay attention...

5. westyguy

westyguy Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2009
    Huntsville, TX
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Though mine is a Mondial, I've been just a bit north of 130. As with many of you, the questions from the public are generally "How fast will it go?" and "How much did it cost?" My stock answer is "Let's just say it's a Ferrari!"
    Steve

6. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    I have no idea my spedo pegs out at like 85 or some ****.

7. Eforg23

Eforg23 Karting

Oct 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Eric Forgione
    I had my 78' 308 GTS to 140 mph. I was a little surprised it got there so easy. It ran great. U can cruise between 80-100 no problem.