Anyone know this car? | FerrariChat

Anyone know this car?

Discussion in '360/430' started by smin9870, Aug 7, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    Don't know the car but I said the same thing when I saw the listing had completed. Looks like a good deal... On tr surface. Wonder if the new owner had a PPI done before purchase.

2. fc2

fc2 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Nov 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley Ca.
    Full Name:
    Frank C.
    I haven't been following 360 prices closely lately, but this seems a little low for a 2004... even one with 30K miles.

3. dancmos

dancmos Rookie

May 10, 2012
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dan M.
    I hope prices for 360s stay in this range. I think my wife is on board, but it's a few years down the road.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

4. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.
    I highly doubt a 2004 red 360 coupe even with 30k miles sold for that price, unless it needed a new clutch, a major, an actuator, etc. If it really sold and was nice, I'm surprised.

5. rob4092xx

rob4092xx Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
    I believe this seller realistically knew what the current 360 market is. Sellers who are trying to get $70k+ plus for a 1999-01 360, or $80k+ for a 02 to 04 are getting no activity.

Heck, there are 00's out there priced in the $80's, and 04's over $100k. Makes no sense since they don't get sold.

Sellers who list their 360's at a realistic price get the money. Glad to see someone is on track!

6. alohamickey

alohamickey Karting

Sep 23, 2004
    San Clemente CA
    Full Name:
    Mickey
    No way! Probably an ebay scam, or a beginner ebay that didnt know how to put a reserve. Or it needed a clutch and belt service and tires...

7. alvav

alvav Karting

Apr 27, 2012
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Leonidas Vavougios
    The guy has zero feedback. Come on guys! $59,000 won't buy a salvage 2004, much less the one in the pictures. Look at the interior; immaculate!

8. g4titan

g4titan Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 6, 2010
    Around
    Full Name:
    Nico
    +1... scam

9. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    Didn't think about the scam potential. I saw a blatant eBay scam on a car offered to me by anothe scammer. 2004 360 Spider red / tan, very nice car. The bidding went up to $106k apparently but it did not sell.

+1 on pricing being so widely varied. My wife is on board, but from the asking prices I'm seeing, my budget will only swing a 2001 model as described above. Extending my purchase window out to next spring to hopefully capture some seasonal price drops on convertibles. We'll see. I just want a red / tan 360 spider F1 in good shape at a reasonable price! Is that so much to ask?!? ;-)

10. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Looks like the scammers have migrated from CL to eBay. An attorney friend of mine called me today all excited about a '95 355 that "WAS on eBay but didn't sell" and now the seller is "letting it go" for a mere 30k.

I usually trust eBay, I've purchased 11 cars from there, all good tranactions, so i told my friend to ask the seller a few questions, and he copied me in on the email. Then i read this " the car is in great shape, I will ship it to you, you'll have 30 days to inspect it and if you dont like it, i'll pay to have it shipped back, let me know so i can start the transaction through ebay's safe harbor program"

The scary thing of it all, my friend, the attorney, didn't recognize the scam, until I explained it.

11. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    They all seem to be using the 'car is ready for shipment at the shipper' line, somehow justifying the absence of the car for inspection. Same goes for the money-back guarantee nonsense, I've heard that line many times too.

Scams suck - I got not once as a seller on Autotrader when I was a younger man. Won't happen again. Side note, since it was a company car covered by our commercial insurance policies, we got back all the money back as it was classified as a fraudulent transaction against one of our companies. Still felt like an idiot though.

The average Ferrari buyer should know better than to fall for this crap.

12. o31982

o31982 Formula Junior

Mar 18, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    nes
    i emailed this seller, did not want to give me a phone number to discuss details of the vehicle at my request... this was the response:

"I`ll give full contact details, including phone numbers and fax to the winning bidder in order to conclude the sale agreement of this vehicle."

Richard did send me more pictures, if it was a real auction. Someone got a great deal because the car looks clean.