FCA-NC Mountain Trip | FerrariChat

FCA-NC Mountain Trip

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by forgeahead, Aug 12, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
  2. tnferrariowner

tnferrariowner Karting

Jan 30, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Full Name:
    David
    Great pics Ray! It was great seeing you both agains!

Thanks to all those from the FCA NC chapter like Marc, Tom, Jed, Susan, Jim and Peavh for putting on such a great event! It was awesome!

3. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    Great to see Woody Byrd blasting down the air strip. The cars sounded great.

4. Mikelly

Mikelly Rookie

Oct 13, 2008
    Spotsylvania Va.
    Full Name:
    Mike Kelly
    You guys and gals weren't by chance in Little Switzerland yesterday?

5. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #6 Juan-Manuel Fantango, Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
    But of course- it is a shame anyone had to miss this. It was one of the best weekend events ever! Just got home, after dinner at Hobnobs in Brevard, and a ride down 178 to Clemson. That capped off the weekend. Pictures to follow.

6. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    LOL! Figures I'd pop by the Chalet in Little Switzerland on Saturday - right when you guys were probably at or headed towards Mtn Air for lunch... :(

7. hlawson1

hlawson1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2012
    SC
    Full Name:
    Hal
    Great Time in Little Switzerland this weekend. Met a lot of great people and the drive was fantastic! Great Pictures, Ray!

8. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Awesome pics. Love the yellow Lusso and the burgundy C/4!

9. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    Thanks to the organizors and sponsors of the Little Switzerland weekend. Maggie and I had a great time seeing old friends and making some new ones. Mountain Aire was great as was David and Julie's hard work on the route. Maybe one of the best mountain drives I've ever been part of. Also a big thanks to Hank and the FCI folks for their contributions. Is it next year yet?

10. spaghetti

spaghetti Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    SC, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob Satterfield
    Guess What....three days of great weather, food, cars (35), spirited driving, mountains, roads (with light traffic), airplanes, Swiss Chalet, amazing views.......and great people lovin their Ferrari's from NC, SC, GA, and TN....now thats what I'm talken about.

11. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    I want to chip in my thank you to the organizers of this fun weekend. It was a great combination of cars, driving, dining, happy hours, show and especially the people. And thank you to those that voted my 330 GTC as Best in Show. It is really much appreciated.
    Coming from FL this was my 3rd participation in the FCA NC Chapter Mountain Weekend. My wife and I liked it so much up here that we built a new summer home in Blowing Rock. Kathleen and I will be hosting another Ferrari driving and get together weekend based in Blowing Rock coming up in October 18-21. It will be at or near the peak of the fall colors in the Blue Ridge mountains so it should be a spectacular weekend. Stay tuned for details.

best
    Steve Cantera
    FCA-Naples Chapter

12. Rbtrader

Rbtrader Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Chattanooga, TN
    Full Name:
    Rich Becherer
    Thanks to Marc (again!), Jim and Peach, and Jed and Susan for planning and hosting a great Ferrari get together. The Mountain Air ride and lunch were outstanding (thanks David and Julie!). The NC Ferrari group throws a great party, and we are all very fortunate to be included. I am already looking forward to next year!

Rich

13. DCNSX

DCNSX Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2007
    Winston-Salem, NC
    What a great time! Glad to meet some new folks and get to know some others better.

SCantera- keep us posted on your October event. I may be able to make the Friday portion of that.

Next event: 9/15 ALMS race at VIR - with FCA corral.

14. rated///M

rated///M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Trevor Ely
    #15 rated///M, Aug 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    One of the best, most comfortable FCA events we've ever been to! Well done on the venue...What a wonderful place!

It was a pleasure meeting you Steve, you 330 is every bit as good as everyone's explained it to be.

Unsure how this little guy ended up at the Ferrari event, but he hardly stood out... ;)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    That is soooo cool. Love the Abarth. I wish we had the drag race on video with the Abarth and 458! That being said the white lowered 458 was stunning, but so is everything about that ride including the wife lol! That's a complement big Ray-a testament to your extreme overdose of testosterone! That was badass, watching you scream down the runway!!!!!

16. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
  17. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #21 Juan-Manuel Fantango, Aug 14, 2012
  18. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #22 Juan-Manuel Fantango, Aug 14, 2012
    The dash up Mountain Air was more like a hill climb-three miles to the top. The runway is day-VFR only, is 2875 x 50 feet, and is at 4400 feet MSL. It was IFR for sure that day as we blasted through the clouds on the way up.

The first picture is of one of our sponsors, Diane Vander Linden www.whitworthproperties.com and the Preferred Mountain Air Brokers, and our other sponsor was Fred and Karen Ahles, owners of Premier Aircraft Sales www.flypas.com or Fort Lauderdale. They brought us the beautiful Diamond DA40 Premier Edition to view. Too bad it was IFR as we had planned to fly.

But, that being said we flew anyway-one the runway. Will someone post those pictures and video?

19. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    I need to post some pictures of the club house and lunch at Mountain Air-it was terrific!

20. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #24 Juan-Manuel Fantango, Aug 14, 2012
    Finally, there was the dinner. I have to say that I really love Little Switzerland. The owner and his wife are hands on and there to make your stay is comfortable and successful. We had a member whose car broke down, and the owner was having trouble getting it released from the towing company in Marion. Gary, being savvy, went to his bar and found some patrons that knew the tow operator. Case solved! If you are looking for a beautiful place to stay, this is it https://switzerlandinn.com/. Explore the roads, and make sure you enjoy their fine food, and the view....