My spotting around Kensington/Mayfair/Hyde Park | FerrariChat

My spotting around Kensington/Mayfair/Hyde Park

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by 458beast, Aug 18, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 458beast

458beast Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2011
    rainy
    Full Name:
    Will
    #1 458beast, Aug 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Spotted the 458 next to the Aston Martin Dealership on a side street adjacent to Park Lane.

Saw this blacked out 360 with F430 wheels in London, very early in the morning one day,

Saw this disgustingly two-toned FF, to the owner wherever you are, thanks for spoiling such a nice car, you don't have taste do you?

I like black F cars the most, so I configured my red 458 shot and turned it black, it looks dark blue to me :\ http://i45.tinypic.com/2i0vkn4.jpg

Also saw another Red 458 (arab), Black 599, Blacked out 599, SLS roadster, TDF California, lots of Aston's and Bentley's during my 2 weeks in around that area of London.

A little disappointed that I didn't see anything more, I saw more in Cape Town during my visit there, and so much much much more In Istanbul when I was there, it got to the point I saw at least 50 different types of Ferrari's.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    You sure don't mince your words, do you? :p

While the stripe and two-toning on the FF isn't my thing either, I certainly would have phrased my comments a little more politely. It's good that people have different tastes, otherwise all cars would be the same - and variety is the spice of life. ;)

All the best,
    Andrew.

3. 458beast

458beast Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2011
    rainy
    Full Name:
    Will
    I'm not a big fan of non-stock cars.

I think it's wrong to tarnish Ferrari's in such a way, maybe I'm the only one with that stance.

It is good that people have different taste, and I agree with that, but when they put something like this in that colour, it's just, not a very good look.

Especially when they also did the same to a Maybach near the FF (you can see it in picture top right), it really is just mind boggling how he can actually look at the car and say he configured it to make it look "nice".

It's not the worst paintjob out a FF out there, have seen plenty of 458's with worst, (the game's f430 leather exterior comes to mind).

I did see a bright orange Cygnet in a side mew, that was debatable as well.

Forgot to mentioned.

Saw a Red Scud, 355, blue 355, Red Testarossa, 360 spider in my sightings as well.

4. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    You missed my point entirely.

I'm not saying you have to like it, I'm saying don't be rude about it when expressing your personal opinion. If you met the owner of the car, I doubt you would have ever said this to his face:

Get it now? :)

All the best,
    Andrew.

5. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    Not my taste either but the owner has got himself into a position to buy a car like that, and therefore can do what ever they want to it and probably won't care what someone like you thinks.

Who knows, had you not been an incredibly offensive, and rude child, then maybe some owners on here who reside in London may have offered you a ride in a Ferrari.

6. 458beast

458beast Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2011
    rainy
    Full Name:
    Will
    WOW I didn't think I was that offensive, actually that car belongs to a prince, according to car spottings around the web. And we both know the moment the next latest and greatest is out, he buys that, nothing wrong with that, but they don't buy Ferrari because they love the brand and history.

Also Stimo, if someone were to offer me a ride, I would have to politely decline, I just don't step into a car with a stranger, no matter how wealthy or poor he is/ car he drives.

Yes I would of, I don't see why I can't say the word disgusting, Each to their own, I would have no problem if someone came up to me and told me that my car looked disgusting, I put it that way because I wanted it that way, same with that guy, but everyone has their opinion, as extreme or light as it is.

7. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Everyone's entitled to their opinion :) , saw that Maybach last Sunday in Park lane,it is certainly challenging to the eye.

8. YellowF50

YellowF50 Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    K B
  9. 458beast

458beast Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2011
    rainy
    Full Name:
    Will
  10. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    True. Just preferably expressed in a gentlemanly and tactful way. :)

All the best,
    Andrew.

11. YellowF50

YellowF50 Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    K B