OEM 360 brakes for 430 | FerrariChat

OEM 360 brakes for 430

Discussion in '360/430' started by masar, Aug 28, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. masar

masar Formula 3

Aug 19, 2007
    Czech republic
    Full Name:
    Petr
    Can i put OEM 360 Modena brakes (complete set of discs and calipers taken from 2001 Modena) on 2009 F430 currently equiped with CCM brakes? The question is if the brakes are compatible and if they fit. Dont ask me why i would do that, i need to keep the ccm in good condition and i need alternative cheap solution as the car will be rented.... I might get 360 set for good price. When i had 360, i used 430 discs so i think the oem 360 set should fit? I am not sure about calipers, etc..
    thanks for help.

2. voicey

voicey Formula 3

Jul 29, 2009
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Aldous Voice
    The steel brakes (calipers & discs) are the same parts across both the 360 and 430. CCM equipped cars have a different servo.

Have you looked into putting steel rotors onto your CCM bells? It's a mod I've seen a number of times that saves wearing the expensive carbon discs.

3. masar

masar Formula 3

Aug 19, 2007
    Czech republic
    Full Name:
    Petr
    So do you think that the 360 brakes will fit even the servo is different? I can get set for whole car for good price.

The steel discs instead of the CCM discs might be good solution. But i will need big steel discs for big CCM calipers and not sure if i can get them for reasonable price. Any recommendation? Beside brake pads must also fit big CCM calipers and i think such pads are twice expansive compare standard aftermarket pads for oem steel brakes.

oem steel disc = aprox. 250 eur, new aftermarket brake pad for steel brakes = 100 eur

I doubt i can get even close with option of change just the ccm discs? I realy do not need anything special as its for public use and not my personal driving....

4. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.
    I believe that Ricambi sells a set of standard brake rotors and pads for F430 cars with factory CCBs should someone choose to avoid replacing these very expensive wear and tear parts. Check its website.

5. voicey

voicey Formula 3

Jul 29, 2009
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Aldous Voice
    They will fit. I know people who have gone the other way, ie: fitted CCM with a standard servo, without any issues.

6. masar

masar Formula 3

Aug 19, 2007
    Czech republic
    Full Name:
    Petr
    thanks guys, last question. CCM calipers are much bigger than steel ones. If the car is 2009 with CCM, will the OEM steel calipers fit? I mean the are the caliper holders (brackets) same?

7. F430GT

F430GT Formula 3

Sep 29, 2005
    Marco Island, FL
    They fit. You will need to use the 360 calipers, e-brake caliper and adjust the wire, all 360 steel rotors and 360 brake pads.

Mixing 430 CCB and 360 steel brakes components will not work: different pad shapes, different e-brake calipers, different rotor diameters and thickness.

8. F430GT

F430GT Formula 3

Sep 29, 2005
    Marco Island, FL
    You're better off getting steel rotors in the same dimension and size as your F430 CCB rotors, better braking performance than the weak 360 steel brakes.

9. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    I know they might be crazy but have you thought of putting on a brembo gt kit, then use it and save the CCM. Later when your ready sell the brembo when your done with it and go back to CCM.

Little more expense up front but I would imagine its cheaper in the long run.