Veglia dial refurbs | FerrariChat

Veglia dial refurbs

Discussion in '206/246' started by VicJano, Sep 11, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VicJano

VicJano Karting

Dec 17, 2011
    Kingston upon Thames
    Full Name:
    Chris O'Connor
    Can anyone recommend a company in the UK that will look at Veglia dials.
    My oil pressure and rev counter are playing up.
    Oil pressure sender is good, but dial is reading 30psi when I know there's actually 60psi - have checked actual pressure on hand held guage and checked resistance in sender at various pressures! Rev counter is very jumpy over 2000 revs.

2. Maeter

Maeter Karting

Nov 13, 2001
    I could only find one but did not think they were perfect, http://www.speedycables.com/. Having said that, they had the tools to open and close the instruments post servicing.

Any other recommendations would be welcome as my speedo is in a on/off mode!

Pascal

3. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I have used speedy cables and the service was good, if you are specific in what you want them to do then their shouldnt be a problem.

They refurbished all my gauges and even replaced 3 broken black bezel trim pieces to make them all look like new.

4. VicJano

VicJano Karting

Dec 17, 2011
    Kingston upon Thames
    Full Name:
    Chris O'Connor
    Thanks for the recommendation everyone. I'll try them.

5. daviekj

daviekj Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2008
    UK
    Yes, I can recommend speedycables. They refurbished my 1960's sunbeam rev counter, which has similar build to that of the Dino. The dial came back fully cleaned and chrome on brass bezel was perfectly refitted. The only small issue was that the rear pressed steel casing had been replated with zinc and yellow passivate, rather than the original supplied dull grey cadnium plate. I guess there may be HSE issues with cadnium. It's all hidden, so I was not too troubled.
    I was thinking of having my Dino dials cleaned. The lenses tend to mist up and look a little grubby. Please let all know how you get on. Some before/after photo would be good for Fchat reference.
    Kevin