Rockville Car Show - Oct 20, 2012 | FerrariChat

Rockville Car Show - Oct 20, 2012

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by lashss, Sep 13, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    http://www.rockvillemd.gov/events/2012-Car-Show-Registration.pdf

Anyone headed to this?

I just noticed the pre-reg ends tomorrow with onsite registration also available the day of the event.

This show is amazing every year...incredible variety of vintage iron of all types.

Last year's Italian display was ridiculous.

LS

2. ProRallyCodriver

ProRallyCodriver Formula 3

Oct 25, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave Shindle
    Have been going on and off for years. Will plan to be there.

3. MBFerrari

MBFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    NoVA
    Full Name:
    Matt B
    Will see if the ADM wants me to bring his car. If not I will try to show up just to see the cars. Great show.

MB

4. Neonzapper

Neonzapper F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2008
    MD/FL/Philippines
    Full Name:
    Mykol
    Most cars must be a minimum 25 years old, however Ferraris only need to be 15 years old to enter this great car show.

5. StanT

StanT Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2007
    Vienna, VA
    #5 StanT, Sep 16, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
    My favorite show. Love all the 50's and 60's cars, and the lovely setting.

I'll be there with 2 1982 Maserati Quattroporte IIIs. One I've just gotten, and the one it's replacing - to sell.

6. 911rcr

911rcr Karting

Feb 4, 2008
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I'll be there. Looking forward to it!

7. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    Hey Matt; we did Rockville the last two years in a row (which is unusual), so we're not doing it this year. Trying not to wear out our welcome. The Mondial will be at St. Michael's on Sep 30, and the Discovery show on 10/4.

Rockville is really a great show; the only one where I have ever been able to see both the cars that I used to ride to school in; a 1962 Mercury Comet and a 1963 Mini.

8. Rob in Potomac

Rob in Potomac Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2006
    Potomac, MD
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I don't think there is an age requirement for Ferrari's. My '04 360 Spider was shown last year and once before that.

Rob

9. StanT

StanT Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2007
    Vienna, VA
    There's a gentleman's agreement between the FCA-MAR POC and one of the long-time Car Show POCs that "allows" Ferraris newer than 15 years old on the show field, sometimes. I know them both from when I was the FCA-MAR car show rep. The official FCA-MAR blurb says 15 or more.

10. FUNRARI

FUNRARI Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2008
    Washington D.C.
    Full Name:
    Z
    I've attended this event with my kids for the last couple years too, hopefully I can make it out this year too especially since it's in my back yard, nice venue and lots to see and do ...

11. Neonzapper

Neonzapper F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2008
    MD/FL/Philippines
    Full Name:
    Mykol
    Z- look for me at the show! We can catch up and talk cars!

12. 4re4me

4re4me Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2006
    Wickenburg, AZ
    Full Name:
    Barbara
    Plan on attending

13. vintageracer27

vintageracer27 Karting

Dec 9, 2004
    Middletown, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian
    #13 vintageracer27, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I always love going to this event. In fact, I grew up less than 10 minutes from the Civic Center Mansion (now Glenview Mansion) and have been attending since Elementary School. I will bring the Dino this year and hope for classic Fall weather.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. Transhuman

Transhuman Karting

Sep 12, 2010
    Cloverly
    Full Name:
    Juan
    I'd like to register my '04 360. Given the stated 15yr age limit, how would I go about registering?

15. Rob in Potomac

Rob in Potomac Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2006
    Potomac, MD
    Full Name:
    Robert
    See above. I have shown my '04 360 Spider a couple of times with no issues; unfortunately, I am away this weekend so cannot show this year.

Rob

16. ProRallyCodriver

Oct 25, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave Shindle
    Bump for it being this weekend and Weather Channel forecast 2 days away says 0% chance of rain.

Planning on attending w/ 1977 Lancia Montecarlo. Please say hello.

17. 911rcr

911rcr Karting

Feb 4, 2008
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Anyone in the Leesburg area interested in meeting up and caravaning over?

18. Neonzapper

Neonzapper F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2008
    MD/FL/Philippines
    Full Name:
    Mykol
    Friday, 5:47 pm, Rockville= currently raining. Stay tuned.

19. ProRallyCodriver

Oct 25, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave Shindle
    there is a recorded message at 240-314-5022 that should be updated by 6:30AM regarding any cancellation/move to rain date.

20. KKRace

KKRace Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Rockville/Olney MD
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I called a friend of mine that's already down there at 9AM and he said its like it never rained there and a couple Ferrari's are already on the field. He said no mud at all. Pretty sure they are taking all Ferrari's from what one of the organizers told me.

21. amstokesdb9

amstokesdb9 Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2009
    Arlington
    Full Name:
    Nathan
  22. fasthound

fasthound Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 23, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Yeah, it was a really good show and the weather was gorgeous.

Yes, that 1972 911 "RS" was a clone. They didn't make that car in 1972. 1972 was also the only year with the oil tank in the right rear fender with the oil filler cap in the fender. They had to stop making it that way because too many idiots (excuse me....misinformed persons) were putting the fuel in the oil tank at gas stations.

I raced a visually identical car in GT3S class in PCA for a number of years, but mine was stripped with full cage, fuel cell, fire extinguishing system, and a 1989 3.2L engine....probably 220-240 HP. Under 2200 lbs wet without driver and I only weighed 140lbs. It wasn't slow. I sure miss that car and that 911 on Saturday at the show made me want my old one back.

Anyway, thanks for the photos. And wasn't that 250 GTE beautiful? Great condition.

Hope you got to see the 1931 Cadillac V16 Phaeton Fleetwood....it was best in show in my opinion. The owner also brought six other cars....all gorgeous.

23. amstokesdb9

amstokesdb9 Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2009
    Arlington
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Thanks for the info. I assumed by the show sign on the car that it was a replica but it still made my mouth water in a way few other Porsches can.