612 Sport Exhaust Sound | FerrariChat

612 Sport Exhaust Sound

Discussion in '612/599' started by Pilacike, Oct 21, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pilacike

Pilacike Rookie

Nov 21, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Full Name:
    Emil Pilacik, Jr.
    I'm wondering if anyone can help me save some time. I have a 2008 612 Scaglietti with the factory option sport exhaust. The car sounds unbelievably awesome when it is first started up. After letting it warm up just a bit, a quick rap of the pedal produces a fantastically ripping 12 cylinder sound. After the car worms up completely though, it is quite subdued and quiet. I’m expecting that there are valves that are bypassing some or all of the mufflers. Before I go climbing around under there and trying to figure out what I’m looking at, I thought I would ask the question to those that have gone before me and taken a look at this. Please let me know if you think there is any way for me to enjoy that awesome exhaust note all the time. Thanks in advance..!

2. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    I have a tubi on mine and hearing it drive past is a very different experience from being in the cockpit...way better (or worst depending on your viewpoint) soundproofing then my 360, 512TR or 328 had.

3. London John

London John Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London & Melbourne
    Full Name:
    John
    612 plus factory sports exhaust............best sound Ferrari ever produced. I miss it badly and my 599 sound positively Peugeot like in comparison.

4. Fiorano57

Fiorano57 Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 23, 2010
    I suspect your mufflers have valves that close on the inboard pipes. If its like my 599 (07) all you have to do is remove the rubber line to the solenoid and plug it.. My 599 has solenoids that CLOSE by vacuum so that's why it sounds nice on start-up but then after idling down sounds toooo quiet,lol...
    If you want it to sound even nicer(without being obnoxious) remove the secondary cats and replace with Fabspeed straight-pipes. :)

5. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    My 2008 with the HGT2 package and exhaust sounds exactly the same. Great sound..then it gets quiet. I have not fooled with the car, but my Stradale does basically the same thing. To get that car to sound better, I pulled off the air injection tubes (think thats what it is)