Convertible top PROBLEMS - Can it be made manual? | FerrariChat

Convertible top PROBLEMS - Can it be made manual?

Discussion in '360/430' started by jfdk, Oct 24, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jfdk

jfdk Rookie

Oct 24, 2012
    Hi guys,

i have a 360 spider... love it,,, Roof has been killing me,, i spend 4300 so far.. still not working...

Do you know if it is possible to disable pump and hydraulic cylinders and operate the roof manually?

good advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Johnny, Fort Lauderdale, Florida

2. alvav

alvav Karting

Apr 27, 2012
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Leonidas Vavougios
    The owners manual has detailed instructions on how to lower and raise the roof manually.

3. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    I am pretty sure it was meant for emergency situation only not as a way to replace the capote auto engagement.

4. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Try another shop - I'm sure there's not that many problems with the 360 roof - take a look here if there are any other threads that may have similar fault described

5. alohamickey

alohamickey Karting

Sep 23, 2004
    San Clemente CA
    Full Name:
    Mickey
    Johnny,

If I were you, I would post a detailed, blow by blow, description on what your problem is. Copies of you repair order, and ask for help here. Have you searched the other convertible posts for a similiar problems?

I had a problem with my top and fixed it on the second try with ideas i got here! Believe it or not, I fixed it with two or three staples!

6. rustybits

rustybits F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Jan 28, 2007
    Somewhere, anywhere
    Full Name:
    Eddie B
    As above. Post up details of the fault any fault codes they have pulled and what's been done so far. There are several common causes of failure but which bit of the operation fails will point toward the issue...