Official book collectors thread | Page 50 | FerrariChat

Official book collectors thread

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by lil squid, Jun 9, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Are any FChat "bookers" planning to be at Goodwood Revival?

Jack

2. TCJ1965

TCJ1965 Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2004
    Hello All!

I decided to sell my set of Cavalleria Ferrari books on ebay. All 16 volumes are on ebay starting at $99.95 as well as other Ferrari titles and a Revell 1/12 250 GTO.

Please search by vendor: Ginakevcam if interested. Not sure how much postage will be but I will not fleece anyone on shipping. Good Luck and email with any questions.

Terry Jones
    Ottawa, Canada

3. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    Of course! :) I will be there on Saturday. On Sunday we go to Silverstone for the Ferrari Racing Days.

Maarten

4. Lars Theunissen

Lars Theunissen F1 Veteran

Mar 2, 2005
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lars Theunissen
    #1229 Lars Theunissen, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Today my copy of "The Sales Drive from Maranello" arrived. Wow, what a beautiful book - I´m very proud to have it in my collection!
    Well done to Nathan and Ronald - you´ve created a piece of automotive literature art!

Now of course I have no other choice than to also order "A Postcard from Maranello", when it comes out.
    Nathan, any idea how long that´ll take? (I sure wouldn´t mind a few months´ wait, so that I can save up again :) )

Ciao,

Lars
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. piloti

piloti Formula 3
    Honorary

Jul 11, 2004
    England
    Full Name:
    Nathan Beehl
    Hello Lars
    Thank you for your kind words. I'm pleased you like the book.
    You'll be pleased to know that you will have time to save for the postcard book, as it's doubtful that it will be ready before next year.
    Nathan

6. Lars Theunissen

Mar 2, 2005
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lars Theunissen
    That´s a relief Nathan, take your time :) :) :)

Will this book also be published in two series of 200 and 30 like "The Sales Drive from Maranello"?

Thanks and ciao,

Lars T.

7. piloti

piloti Formula 3
    Honorary

Jul 11, 2004
    England
    Full Name:
    Nathan Beehl
    Hi Lars
    How many we'll print, and in what editions is too soon to tell, at this stage. But we are aware that people who buy the brochure book would probably quite like a matching number postcard book, so Hortons are keeping a list of who has which brochure book.
    Nathan

8. Lars Theunissen

Mar 2, 2005
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lars Theunissen
    Exactly, that's the main reason for my question. If there would be a similar 30-pcs limited edition of the postcard book, I'd love to have that too, with the matching number to my brochure book. I was already considering to contact Horton's to express my interest, but as you say they keep a list anyway that probably won't be necessary then.

Ciao,

Lars

9. dougieboxer

dougieboxer Karting

Mar 23, 2008
    UK
    Full Name:
    Doug
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello All

I have just started a thread in the Maserati section of the forums, but I thought it would be worth posting an update here as well!

I am publishing a book in late October on the Citroën Era at Maserati. The book has been written by Marc Sonnery, author of ‘The Ferrari Breadvan.’ This is the definitive book on the Maserati Khamsin, Bora & Merak, plus special sections on the Citroën SM, the Ligier JS2 and more. This is by far the least documented era of Maserati and includes over 150,000 words of exhaustive research, the results of unprecedented access to Maserati and Citroën in Modena and Paris as well as major private archives. There are over 70,000 words of interviews with Maserati and Citroën participants in the saga, many of whom had never ever been interviewed and several have unfortunately since passed away.

Details on the book (and our other projects) can be viewed at our website www.eaurougepublishing.com, where you can also join our mailing list for regular updates. Nearer the publication date you will be able to purchase the book from our dedicated website www.maserati-book.com, where we have also posted a few pictures to give you a taste of the book to come.

Regards

Doug Blair
    Eau Rouge Publishing

p.s Nathan - just received my Sales Drive book - many thanks, it's a work of art and a great addition to my collection!!

10. piloti

piloti Formula 3
    Honorary

Jul 11, 2004
    England
    Full Name:
    Nathan Beehl
    Hello Doug

Thank you for your kind words. It makes all the hard-work worthwhile. I hope your Maserati book is a success for you. Regards
    Nathan

11. Lars Theunissen

Mar 2, 2005
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lars Theunissen
    Sounds interesting Doug, thanks for the info. Although I don´t like Citroën (at all), I do like the Maseratis of this era and also the Mangusta book looks interesting. Both should get a place in my little car-library when they come out!

Ciao,

Lars

12. yvesolution

yvesolution Karting

Apr 26, 2010
    Cabo Verde
    #1237 yvesolution, Sep 27, 2012
    I waited 3 years for this book to arrive, I ordered and paid it back then, but the seller didn't ship it... I saw him frequently on car shows everytime with excuses about the shipment... and then finally it arrived yesterday!

Every copy of the special edition is signed by HJ Stuck, and numbered making a total of 333 copies.

It covers 3 decades, beginning with their first driver in 1972 (Graham Hill) over to Group C racing until the year 2000 with the german touring car championship with Opel.

More than 100 drivers raced with the Jägermeister livery (Hans-Joachim Stuck, Niki Lauda, Graham Hill, Ronnie Peterson, Stefan Bellof, Klaus Ludwig, Wayne Gardner, Rolf Stommelen, Manfred Schurti, Jochen Mass, Armin Hahne) to name a few

The pictures are random pictures from the internet, as mine is still wrapped in plastic.

13. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    Hello all,

since this thread doesn't seem to be strictly limited to Ferrari literature, let me introduce my newest acquisition, maybe interesting for Alfa fanatics.

www.alleggerita.de

There are 3000 copies in English language.
    After the first edition which was published many years ago and reached crazy prices there's now a huge 3-volume edition.
    I got mine today.
    No affilation with the publisher, but as an Alfa Bertone owner I'm absolutely impressed.

Best Regards from Germany

Martin

14. lil squid

lil squid F1 Veteran

Dec 3, 2007
    Houston TX
    Full Name:
    Yuliya
  15. lil squid

lil squid F1 Veteran

Dec 3, 2007
    Houston TX
    Full Name:
    Yuliya
    #1240 lil squid, Oct 7, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
    The 1974 Red Book is up for sale on eBay, if anyone is looking to complete their collection. Priced a bit high, in my opinion, but I haven't seen many for sale in the last few years. No affiliation, as always, although I've purchased books from Lauro before, he is terrific. http://www.ebay.com/itm/LIBRO-ROSSO-ENZO-FERRARI-EDIZIONE-1974-/261109108933?ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

I checked my copy and this certainly looks like what is known as the big red book, not to be confused with "Le Briglie del Successo" as stated in the body - both editions of Le Briglie were published in 1970, whereas the Red Book was published in 1974 (see my original post of this thread for bibliography), so if the copyright year and the number of pages (253) is correct, this is the Red Book.

16. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    This is the "Red Book" for sure. AKA "libro rosso" or just plain "Ferrari"

17. kimbo 308

kimbo 308 Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 11, 2012
    #1242 kimbo 308, Oct 15, 2012
    I recently picked up this book.

It's author is Enzo Ferrari and Franco Gozzi who was Enzo's personal assistant.

It's full of black and white photo's of Enzo Ferrari from his childhood to his 90th birthday.....most of which I have never seen before anywhere,and captioned in English and Italian.The photo's are trully amazing!!

Can anyone tell me more about it?

Thanks,

Kim

18. dougieboxer

dougieboxer Karting

Mar 23, 2008
    UK
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Can I ask where you got the signed editon from? I've got the standard one but can't find the Slipcase version anywhere!

Thanks

Doug

19. dougieboxer

dougieboxer Karting

Mar 23, 2008
    UK
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Has anyone got this?

http://www.jackyickxbook.com/

I did enquire about shipping to the U.K but this seemed to scare them away and I haven't heard back from them! Then judging by the size of the book it would be expensive. Not sure what to make of those bottles though.......

20. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    I ordered the standard edition (without all the silly bottles) from www.bookdepository.co.uk last week. It is showing as despatched to me today so haven't seen it yet.

Jonathan

21. dougieboxer

dougieboxer Karting

Mar 23, 2008
    UK
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Thanks Jonathan, I'll do the same

22. yvesolution

yvesolution Karting

Apr 26, 2010
    Cabo Verde
    Hi Doug,

I bought it from a german guy who I met 2 years ago in Spa Francorchamps (6 hours race), he had a stand with scale models and some books, we had a nice chat, and I told him I had always been interested in this edition, then he said, that he can find the book for me, ... then started a two year fight to get the book,

I can give you the contact details of the seller, but I would prevent everybody to deal with this guy....

I can't really tell you where they sold it back then, I know that some books were sold in the gas station Döttinger Höhe at the Nürburgring, the price was 75€ back then, now it is +/-300€

I have another version in a slipcase, without that sticker on the front, and without a signature and a number, I found it on ebay for 40€ (It is the only one I saw with a slipcase)

It is quite rare, even if you try to find a picture of the slipcase version in google you don't find... the editor was Delius Klasing, if you want I can ask them your questions, I'm fluent in german

cheers

Y.

23. trashidelek!

trashidelek! Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2004
    It was done by Franco Gozzi for the 100th anniversary of Enzo Ferrari's birth. Ferrari is listed as the author because it uses pieces of text taken from his earlier writings. Franco was Enzo's right-hand man for decades and the photos come from his collection. If you like this book you will also likely like Franco's other book, Memoirs of Enzo Ferrari's Lieutenant.

24. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba