another road trip | FerrariChat

another road trip

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by cscott, Nov 20, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cscott

cscott Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Chris Scott
    #1 cscott, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Took the 355 to Austin for the race. I left thursday morning and came got back monday night. I have never seen that many troopers on the road. Between the basin and the state line is always bad but between Houston and Austin it was every few miles. So the benefit of that I guess is I averaged 20 MPG which suprised me. I stayed in New Braunfels which has great roads to drive on. The weather was perfect and I have to say that COTA did a fantastic job. I was amazed at how they handled the traffic. Attached are some pics for you. The first pic....you can not travel in Texas without a stop at Buc-ee's! Second is the view of the track I had. That is from turn 18 down to 19 and then on to 20 to the main straight. View is from the second floor of the turn 20 hospitality tent. We could also see the elevated turn 1 which was nice. Saturday, I was able to get in the garages for the support series some some shots of the 458's an ex Lauda, Villeneuve, Amon, Icyx HGP cars. Early Sunday morning was able to walk down pit row. It was quiet then excepting the mechanics doing some prep on the cars so some pics included of that. As always, mine are just cell phone pics reduced to fit here so sorry about the quality.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. cscott

cscott Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Chris Scott
  3. cscott

cscott Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Chris Scott
  4. coledoggy

coledoggy Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    ole miss
    Full Name:
    todd
    I really wanted to go this year, it just didn't work out. But that's disappointing to hear about the troopers, I don't expect that to change next year either. Oh well guess I'll just fly then...

Looks like it was a good time though.

5. Kent A

Kent A Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2004
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Kent
    Chris,
    I was there too. Didn't get to walk pit row though. I bet that was cool.

I also was impressed with the traffic flow. I had a parking pass right next to the track and i got in and out with hardly any traffic.

Kent

6. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    #8 JSinNOLA, Nov 21, 2012
    Glad so many other Louisiana guys made it! Next year we will have to arrange a get together. This pic is from the pit on Thursday.

7. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    #9 JSinNOLA, Nov 21, 2012
    This as well...

8. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Chris,

Great pics.

I hope to be in that group next year...look for coledoggy and me in the Scuderia Hotty Toddy attire. ;) :D

My neck hurts.

9. cscott

cscott Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Chris Scott
    Where did you guys sit and how would you rate the view? Turn 19/20 was pretty good but looked like somewhere between 1 and 6 might be best.

10. Kent A

Kent A Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2004
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Kent
    I was between turn 2 and 3. I could also see across to 15 thru 18. Good views

11. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Fixed!

12. Ferraribot

Ferraribot F1 Veteran

Would love to have gone. Maybe next time. Ben too busy with work to do much of anything.