Ferrari Central NJ Experiences | FerrariChat

Ferrari Central NJ Experiences

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by LeoBRK, Nov 24, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    Curious to hear anyone's experiences with FCNJ positive or negative.

Leo

2. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    I thought you were partial to Hyundai's !!

3. PhilB

PhilB Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2004
    NYC, USA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Haven't bought a car or service from them, but I was there a few weeks ago looking at the blue 360 spider and the entire staff could not have been nicer or more accomodating.

4. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    Hahah...no, but I did drive a nice Mazda 3 (zoom...zoom) for a couple of weeks after Hurricane Sandy as my DD and it was rather nice ;)

5. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    I saw that car, real nice! I thought the showroom was somewhat lack luster and the staff was kind of.........just not that engaging. I guess that probably go for many dealerships?

6. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    i've had positive experiences going there before i owned a ferrari. i found everyone to be friendly. i haven't had a chance to go there with my current car because i have a local mechanic who is a ferrari tech and works on the car for half the price.

7. GDautosport

GDautosport Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    NJ
    Good guys, bought the 430 from them a while ago. Only spoke to the service guys on the phone recently, but pretty quick door to door pickup/delivery of car. No complaints.

8. gf1red

gf1red Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2006
    Staten Island N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Mike G.
    Only bought parts and have had some service done. I've always have been treated very well.

9. Arnie

Arnie Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2011
    New Jersey
    I had previously bought a 2008 430 Spider from them and they were awesome that is why I went back to them. They gave me a tour of the service department and introduced me to the service manager. When I brought it in for service they were great. I ordered my 458 Spider from them and they spent plenty of time with me to help decide the options they even talked me out of some options. My salesman Nelson has kept me informed of the progress of my car. It should arrive around Christmas.

10. rlips

rlips Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2011
    New Jersey, USA
    I bought my F430 from them and am about to place an order for a 458. Easy to work with. The service department has been very good to me as well. Highly recommended.

11. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    Great to hear all of your positive experiences! I will certainly consider dealing with them in the future.

12. Jeff348

Jeff348 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2005
    S.I.New York
    Full Name:
    jeff spezzano
    Good to know only been there to get a few factory recalls done. I like that blue and the silver 360 as well. May be in the not too distant future I may inquire about them as well thanks for the input. :)

13. ALPINE6SPD

ALPINE6SPD Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2006
    NJ
    While I do not have a ferrari I have been there a few times to just see the cars. I have seen an FXX and 8C there as well as many other amazing cars. I actually went there with my 6 and half year old son and they let us in after closing time so he could see the cars. Another time I bought him there they gave us both really nice red ferrari hats. Needless to say I was throughly impressed considering I was not even buying a car. They trated me and more importantly my son wonderfully and I reccomend them to every single person I ever talk to because of it.

14. doctorj!

doctorj! Formula 3

Aug 3, 2010
    Jersey
    Full Name:
    AJ
    I take my 599 there for service. Their service department is excellent, and they offer free pickup and drop off.

15. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    Me too, just one time but it was all good.

16. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    I have nothing but good things to say about FCNJ. I have had my Stradale serviced there a number of times and each time they have been fantastic.

17. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    Wow I am amazed to hear all the great feedback! Good to know. I wonder if Ferrari Long Island which is closer to me would receive equally positive reviews?

18. Hetmater

Hetmater Rookie

Dec 7, 2012
    I was there some months ago but I didnt find what I was looking for

19. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    FoCNJ used to throw insane F1 parties when Chris Miele was there; he still has a following of people even though he hasn't been there in a few years. I used to go there just to hang out with Chris on the weekend - he was a wealth of knowledge and we could talk for hours about vintage stuff, classic stuff, and modern stuff. He taught me a lot about what I know regarding all of the subtle nuances that make different model years stand out. I don't know who's there now, but Chris' crew was pretty awesome. I remember people would come from pretty far to order their cars through Miele - he could spec anything, any way you wanted it.

20. dailyferraridriver

dailyferraridriver Formula 3
    Owner

Nov 12, 2010
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Parts department guys are phenomenal - always extremely helpful.

Erik

21. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Dean is top-notch! You want it, he can find it. He came from Wide World. FoCNJ was lucky to get him.

22. FazTaz

FazTaz Karting

Aug 19, 2004
    Northern NJ
    George Pillajos is an excellent and attentive salesman. I knew him when he was at Paul Miller Bently/Rolls and look forward to purchasing my first Fcar from him. He definately knows how to treat his customers.

I also knew Chris back in the day. What a great guy. His knowledge base was amazing.

23. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    FMLI is absolutely great. Sales and service are both great to deal with. First class operation.

24. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    What he said.

Used to LOVE their F1 parties. Seeing Roger Penske's classic racers and Ferrari collection was always a good time. A real sense of friendship at that shop, back in the day. Service was always spot on. Great sales folks. Nice techs who took time to show you things. I remember riding with Little Steve (who isn't so little now) in the right seat of my 430 on the 60th Anniversary Relay. Great, great event! And getting 2-tone deviating stitching with suede floor mats, custom wheel centers, and painted diffusers. So much fun working with them to make impossible things real.

But since that team left, it hasn't been the same. Yep, same great service and super nice folks to deal with -- but the days of drunken calls to NJ at 2:00am when you're out with the factory marketing folks after a product launch to have someone at the dealer answer the phone and laugh with you from the other side of the world... I certainly miss that!

25. FJerry

FJerry Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2004
    United States
    Chris Miele really made it extra special. He enhanced the experience of speccing, buying, and owning a Ferrari. I bought several cars from them over the years and have no complaints. Chris had a really impressive knowledge of the product and the process and IMHO was a tremendous advocate for the brand. Its a shame he's no longer there. That said, I am sure FoCNJ is still a good dealer. I always was treated well by everyone there.