Anybody use Jimglo trailers | FerrariChat

Anybody use Jimglo trailers

Discussion in 'Challenge/GT Cars/Track' started by telstar, Dec 26, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. telstar

telstar Rookie

Nov 15, 2006
    bay area
    Was looking for a trailer to haul my 458 Spyder on a road trip so
    i can use it when i want without putting a lot of miles on the car
    and have been looking at trailers and thought this brand has a nice layout
    Was wondering what kind of trailers you use to haul your challenge cars
    around and how do tie them down so they don't pass you on a sudden stop

2. n9013c

n9013c Rookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Carmichael, CA
    Full Name:
    Jim Smith
    I am on my second JimGlo trailer. I had one of their open, tilt-bed trailers for several years. Super easy to load and towed like a dream. Switched to one of Jim's enclosed trailers about 3 years ago and it is wonderful. Tows better than the open one (better aero), loads easy even w/ low cars. The driver side 'awning' door is a great feature. Makes it easy to drive your car in and open the drivers door to exit the car. I like that the floor is low to the ground for less sway. I spent a lot of time shopping and comparing trailers, IMHO, the JimGlo is one of the best engineered and built trailers on the market. If I had to buy another trailer tomorrow, I would only get a JimGlo.
    BTW, no affiliation at all with JimGlo, just a very satisfied customer.

Also, FYI, the polished aluminum diamond plate floor option looks great, but... it can be very slippery when wet and is absolutely brutal when the sun is reflecting off of it.
    Mine is an older model w/ the aluminum siding. The new ones w/ the composite sandwich core siding & roof are as good as you can get.
    And yes, it is really nice to take your car to an event and be able to lock in the mobile 'garage' at night.

3. SloW8

SloW8 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2010
    #3 SloW8, Dec 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My buddy has one to tow his 458 around in and it is pretty amazing. His has the white floor which is really slippery when wet, other than that, it is a great hauler and very nicely set up. Pulls it behind a Dodge Cummins Dually and it works great. Made a trip from Utah to Austin TX to pick up a different sports car and it tows like a dream loaded or empty.

He uses a set of Race Ramps which are a high density foam ramp under the end of the rear door to get a better entry angle. They are light weight and easy to tote around.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Trailex are popular and I use one. Works really well and any appropriate SUV or pickup will tow it. Those jimglo's look big yet with some zooty features - auto rear deck for one.

http://www.trailex.com/