2014 Ferrari driver new rumor.... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

2014 Ferrari driver new rumor....

Discussion in 'F1' started by nerofer, Dec 21, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    No no no not lettuce....... There's never a reason to employ someone with such a propensity to crash. My gran is very very quick in a straight line, seeing as she'd have no clue about what's going on around her, but I wouldn't trust her to brake for a corner in time, and her peripheral vision is apparently as good as lettuce as there's no way she will spot anything going on around her until it has happened and been reported in newspapers.

No doubt massa will need to pick up where he left off in 2012 in order to save his job, but as a reliable point scorer, I see no one better than an on-progamme massa, and the team dynamic is very good with him there. For Ferrari to change they need someone better, and the number one guy we have is the best possible one, so why rock the boat by bringing in a potential team harmony issue. We need to concentrate on winning a championship first and foremost.

2. ACross32

ACross32 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2007
    Bay Shore, NY, USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Don't we remember how the performances compared last time Alonso and Grosjean were teammates? Hulkenburg is the logical choice, if Massa is to be replaced at all.

3. Neonzapper

Neonzapper F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2008
    MD/FL/Philippines
    Full Name:
    Mykol
    Perhaps LDM wants to crash toward the championship. Alonso would've been world champion if someone had crashed into Petrov at Abu Dhabi. And, this year's world champion if someone had crashed into Vettel in Brazil. Not the way to win. Jackie Stewart offered to teach Romain how to drive again. He should consider the offer.

4. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David

:D

5. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Ferrari does not hire trainees.
    They throw money at experienced proven drivers.
    Too much money ? Perhaps.
    But that is their record.

6. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #31 tifosi12, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
    Really?
    Larini
    Morbidelli
    Irvine
    BADoer
    Massa

And just for the record, Massa's "accomplishments" when he was hired by Ferrari:
    His best result was a 4th place and his best season's points total was 12.
    Irvine was similar with a season's best of 10 points.

For comparison Grosjean:
    3 podiums and 96 points

7. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Post Grosjean's record at Renault. This was not his first season in F1 at all. It was his first full season in a much better car as well. Romain needs more polish but is fast.

If he has another season as he did this past year, he wont drive in F1 again. I can only imagine the bill the team paid to repair his chassis. I also hope he took a pay reduction for it.

8. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    Man!, April the 1st comes round quicker every year!

9. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I wasn't posting the first year results of Massa and Irvine, but their best results prior to being hired by Ferrari. I did the same thing with Grosjean.

But by pointing out that Grosjean actually did have a previous season in F1 along with his stints as F1 test driver (a la Massa), the argument that he is a trainee becomes even less of a point.

While Ferrari prefers a top #1 driver and an experienced #2, the last 20 years have shown, that in a pinch they're willing to take a new guy on who has not much of experience. Grosjean would fit the bill perfectly.

10. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Curious... What is the 'apples to apples' comparison given that the points structure was changed?

11. DF1

This year was not indicative of a driver who has an element of control to complement a driver like FA. I would pass on Grosjean unless next year is a clear reversal of this years very dismal season, his points total is a non factor.

He is on probation no matter what the press says. I can see him being let go very quickly if a distinct negative trend appears again. There is some talent on the sidelines that would be a much better choice from the start so to speak :) Considering his experience in F1, it didnt show well in too many starts at too many races.

12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Points structure didn't change dramatically. You could instead look at the podiums scored and overall driver position in the standings and Grosjean still wins handsdown.

13. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    I'd take Hulkenberg over Grosjean anyday. I think the guy has the whole package to be F1 champion one day.

14. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    I'm too young to speak for the rest, but when Massa was hired, Jean Todt was still running Ferrari and his son Nicolas was (and still is) managing Massa. Not really a parallel situation.

Back on topic, I don't have huge problems with Grosjean as a hire as hopefully he'd grow out of making dumb decisions by 2014. That said he certainly wouldn't be my #1 choice, or my #2, or probably not #3...

15. DF1

+1

16. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Huh?

Can you please elaborate?

Three of the 5 examples I mentioned were outside of Todt's time.

As for Nicolas (and his father who makes the rules for the sport): That's about the only reason I can think of why Massa is still around.

Agreed on that too.

Just for the record: I'm not a big Grosjean fan but I'd take him anytime over our current #2 driver.

People can belittle him all day long here, but they shouldn't forget who sits in the other Ferrari. A guy who is much slower than Grosjean.

17. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    B:censored:ks to Grosjean! As far as I'm concerned he cost Alonso the WDC at Spa!

He's right up there along side Timo "I'll let you through on the last corner Lewis - no problem!" Glock!

B:censored:ks to the pair of them! :mad:

Next!

18. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Yes, he cost Alonso the title but I'm sure as hell he didn't do that on purpose (neither did Glock). He is just a "random force" at the start. This time snake eyes came up for Fernando. Just bad luck, nothing personal. Next time he might take out Vettel. :)

19. HolyRoller

HolyRoller Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    SE NC
    Full Name:
    Captain Slow
    I think you're on to something here. As President LBJ is supposed to have said when questioned about hiring a former rival: "I'd rather have him inside the tent peeing out than outside the tent peeing in."

Or as Paris Hilton teaches us: "Keep your friends close, and your frienemies closer." She certainly ought to know.

20. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    The correct answer is Sammy Wasem. You heard it here first folks!

21. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    Don't try and bring reason into the topic to try to quench My Tifosi rage!

Those two have joined Senna on My list of B:censored:ds who cost Ferrari a World Championship!

Once on the list, there is no turning back and no amount of logical thinking will change My incredibly biased mind!

(I thought you knew Me better than that! ;) )

22. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Yes. Thank you. (I'm going to use this line) :)

23. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    LOL

To me you remain one of the best informed and most level headed posters on here.

If it were up to me, you'd be a mod of this forum.

24. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J

" Ssshhhh!: You'll frighten the children! " ;)

25. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Grosjean is damn fast! Like Prost and many other drivers he just needs to mature a bit.

Alonso won't be driving forever so Ferrari need to be thinking post Alonso.
    Pete