Clear Bra 3M Ventureshield or Defenzall? | FerrariChat

Clear Bra 3M Ventureshield or Defenzall?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Dr.458, Feb 12, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dr.458

Dr.458 Karting

Sep 13, 2012
    Dubai, UAE
  2. RBK

RBK F1 Rookie

Jul 27, 2006
    Calif and Nev
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Are you asking us to break them out of jail? Best

3. HK boy

HK boy Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2012
    Del Mar, California
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    The prison's shower scene.

Top less Italian hanging out with British/German mix, don't drop the soap!

4. Street&Track

Street&Track Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    My research showed that they are all pretty good products.

The differentiator was often times made by who you have install it. My installer used 3M and has been using it for years. He is able to get it in large enough pieces to cover the entire hood and front of the car without seams. He has done more than a half dozen 458s so far in my city. So he is experienced and you can see his work before putting your money down.

And with 70% isopropyl rubbing alcohol, you can remove everything from light scratches and imperfections to stubborn rubber from track events and the 3M looks new.

I would question your installer choices and check their references and see how they deal with imperfections and scratches, then after a little research you should be able to make an easy choice:)

5. Dr.458

Dr.458 Karting

Sep 13, 2012
    Dubai, UAE
    Thank you for your great input.

After spending few hours online and talking to different companies I came to a conclusion! Defenzall is a better material with longer warranty period and cheaper than 3M's, the catch is when installers tried taking it off after one year it took the paint out with it on Ferraris and Lambos (they say these cars have thin paint layer to keep weight down). I'm going with 3M.

6. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Ventureshield is currently owned by 3M. The guarntee was and still believe is duration of ownership. I currently have it on my 360 and am satisfied with it. When we lived in Co. I had on my work cars a Cooper S and a MB SLK and was very satisfied with the protection it afforded driving through tumble weeds, snow, ice,wind, blowing sand and grasshoppers that were unbelievable. Drove over a hundred miles a day without a problem. Looked very good @ 3yrs of service life on the cars mentioned. The skill obviously of the installer is the difference.
    Docf

7. Serie1926

Serie1926 Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2012
    Dr. 458, have you considered Xpel?

8. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    #8 Todd308TR, Feb 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My last Corvette had Defenzall on it for 3 years. The nose film was thicker and had an “orange peel,” but the hood and fender film was very clear and I plan to put this film on my 308’s nose area.

When the car was clean no one noticed the film.

The film is half way up the hood and fenders in the pic.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. KINGMONKEY

KINGMONKEY Formula 3

Aug 16, 2008
    San Diego / Roma
    Full Name:
    J K
    The issue with 3M is they dominate the market and provide incentives to installers and under cut any competition this has been going on for a while,I prefer XPEL I just put it on my Spider the self healing really works,It can be waxed and has a clear liquid sheen and doesn't look like scotch tape film going on

10. Premier Protective Films

Premier Protective Films Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 20, 2004
    San Francisco Bay
    #10 Premier Protective Films, Feb 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. oc997

oc997 Rookie

Dec 12, 2007
    North America
    I recommend new xpel ultra it heals itself

12. azmurciev12

azmurciev12 Karting

Dec 7, 2004
    the best i've seen is XPEL Ultimate. it is so clear as if there's no film. but the film from Premiere is as nice also. i have it done by them on my MP4. magnificent work i must say.

13. KINGMONKEY

KINGMONKEY Formula 3

Aug 16, 2008
    San Diego / Roma
    Full Name:
    J K
    +1

14. pro-tect mobile

Jul 5, 2011
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Thom
    Actually 3M and Defenzall are both pretty poor films. 3m has entirely too much orange peel in it, has too strong of an adhesive (which can lead to lifting paint), and doesnt hold up well after 4-5 years in warm weather... it cracks. Haartz is the maker of Defenzall and I do not know of any good installers that use it. Not one. The best films on the market are Xpel Ultimate, Suntek, and Prestige. Avery Nano Fusion is also a good film but I am still testing it to make sure it holds up as well as it did when it came out (production shut down for about 8 months). If you can find an installer that offers any of these films you will be much better off than with either of the films you listed. I install both Xpel Ultimate and Suntek due to the self healing top coat. They are both excellent low maintenance films.