Group drive over to Naples (for cars on 5th) from east coast.... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Group drive over to Naples (for cars on 5th) from east coast....

Discussion in 'Florida' started by ILuv4Res, Feb 11, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. craterface

craterface Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2011
    Sanibel Island, FL
  2. mpartridgeferrari

Feb 14, 2008
    Cleveland Ohio
    Full Name:
    MIKE
    The show was amazing. I have been there the last couple years and every year it gets better. I am from Cleveland and vacationing in the area for the month of Feb so I didn't have a car in the show but just walking around and seeing all the great cars is enough for me. Cant wait for next year guys.

3. Jdriver

Jdriver Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Was there all day yesterday, wow what a show, best I've ever been to! I brought my 458 coupe and I can say that the F Club of Naples did a fantastic job getting all the registered cars in place before the show opened. Steve, well done organizing the club and our cars. When I got back to my condo last night I was exhausted but I can't say when I've had a better time and seen so many F cars (and other cars of course!). Can't wait till next year!

4. Zinger

Zinger Formula 3

Apr 11, 2009
    Leesburg, Va
    Full Name:
    Ryan M
    I attended the cars on 5th show for the first time and I was blown away! I have never seen soo many amazing cars at one venue, best car show I have been to by a long shot!

5. FLY YELLOW

FLY YELLOW Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2008
    Boca Raton,FL
    Full Name:
    John Vag....
    Your right, Steve and others do an excellent job. I've been to the show many times and love it, last night was the first time we attended the 'After Party'.....glad we did, well worth it.

6. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    This show has to be the best in Florida.

7. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    As always, this show ROCKS! !

Great Job, Steve and Co.!!!

Awesome!

8. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    #33 SCantera, Feb 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thank you all for your nice comments. We devote a significant amount of our time to make Cars on 5th better every year. This year I had some very professional help from other club members. That allowed us to "kick it up a notch". Of the 9 yrs we have put this show on this was certainly the best ever. We had 395 private entries and 70 dealer cars on display.

I am usually so busy on show day I don't get to spend much time looking at the cars. But I certainly noticed the smile on peoples faces all day. That in itself is what makes this all worthwhile. We want to all of you that came over to display your car. And also those that took the time to visit our little town for this show.

Scott....this was the first year we were able to pull off the "Drive off" . With Jay Weitzel making the announcements for owners to be at their cars at 3 PM and talking the crowd off the street and onto the sidewalk we were able to make it happen. 400 cars started their engines and roared off to cheering crowds. It was quite a scene and sound.

What a day.....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. vunico

vunico Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2007
    southern florida
    hmmm...amelia island?

10. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    Never been to Amelia, I'm sure it's an awesome show that I want to attend. But I think this Naples show is a more down to earth, no pretense, car guy show, the way they should be. Without the politics and egos that ruin other shows here in Florida. I enjoy this show more than any other. When you attend the other shows with all that baggage associated with them and entrance fees through the roof, it overshadows the show and lessens your enjoyment, IMHO.

11. gatorgreg

gatorgreg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2004
    NAPLES
    Thank you for the kind words.
    Here is a video from an FCA member.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk1ewmM5Tyc]Cars on 5th - Celebrating Ferrari Club of America 50th Anniversary 2/16/2013 - YouTube[/ame]

12. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    This is exactly how I see it. Cars on 5th is one of the best days of the year for a south Florida car guy, and the organization and setting make the relatively long drive well worth it.

Kudos to the organizers!

:)
    BT