THE F70 (LaFerrari) Thread | Page 321 | FerrariChat

THE F70 (LaFerrari) Thread

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Greg23, Jun 6, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pascalt

pascalt Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Pascal
    Really the name of this car is so bad.. Why? Why?

In the end, the could have called it simply "La Ferrari"! Or something else, F70 or whatever, but Ferrari LaFerrari, is it a joke ?

2. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    Disagree. P4/5 (talk about a ridiculous name) is retro design. Not the most interesting way to go, design wise. I'd say, leave those icons as they were. La Ferrari is nothing to do with retro design. Perhaps the design concept is inspired by the 330P3 and 312P, but it is still a very original design. Far better than P4/5.

3. Innotech

Innotech Formula Junior

May 14, 2004
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Jue
    If I'm really honest, I like your P4/5 better. I'm quite intrigued by all the surface detail on this...LF, but there's a classic beauty to your car and I think yours is far more special. especially seeing as its the only one. the LF has some great ideas and tech, but ultimately I feel more passion emanating from your project and more of a soul.

4. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Not for me, but maybe it's better looking than the Enzo (?).

P4/5 wins the styling race and the P1 is more minimalist, this Ferrari is over styled for styling a sake ... trying too hard. And this has nothing to do with the wind tunnel.

Ferrari need to return to less is best, otherwise they should be designing Hotwheels cars IMO. Maybe this is what the younger generation want?
    Pete

5. Mr reventon

Mr reventon Rookie

Jun 14, 2009
    younger generation of billionaires? I agree with your comments though, I wonder how much of the wind tunnel is actually used to depict some of its styling, or is the animation just a fancy display

6. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Despite my reservations, that video IS pretty cool.

7. roadracer311

roadracer311 Formula 3

May 6, 2009
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Paul
    +1 on disliking the name.

I once knew a girl who named her cat "Kitty". It was a contributing factor in making the decision that she was not the girl for me.

8. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    You guys are hilarious. They could call this call HORSE-SH*T and it wouldn't make a bit of difference.

LaFerrari= GAME OVER

Now maybe Ron Dennis will stop running his cheese-pipe about being so this and so that and just make his cars and go about his business. He should be grateful this car is a limited edition, otherwise he wouldn't be able to stay in business. lol

Forza,

Cavallini

9. Innotech

Innotech Formula Junior

May 14, 2004
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Jue
    Seriously?
    The Mclaren P1 is a pretty fine car in its own right. Both cars are very competently designed and fascinating engineering showcases. Two vastly different approaches to a supercar and neither of them is wrong.

10. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    True. But they are direct competitors in the marketplace. A few lucky fellows will get one of each but for the rest of us its either or.

11. Innotech

Innotech Formula Junior

May 14, 2004
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Jue
    How are they competitors if you cant even buy an LF because they are sold out? the only one you CAN buy is the P1.

12. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    It hardly sounds like they are sold out if there are potential owners here who we know are capable and well qualified, but who have yet to decide if it is the right car for them.

I don't doubt that Ferrari have a healthy queue of interested parties, but to say they are sold out already seems a bit premature.

>8^)
    ER

13. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Were competitors then. ;)
    About 499 potential customers (from a very limited pool) are no longer available to McLaren.

I hope Macca sells as many as they can. It's a great piece of engineering produced by a company dedicated to F1 but there's little doubt that they would have had an easier time if they weren't head to head with the F-70.

14. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    The party line is that all 499 are sold. Take that for what it's worth.
    I expect that they don't have that many firm orders yet but will end up producing more than the 499 officially sanctioned.

15. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Do you really believe that just because someone buys the Ferrari this means that they won't also consider buying the McLaren, and/or the Porsche and/or the Pagani, and/or whatever?

There may not be a high percentage of customers ending up with more than one of this era's great supercars, but someone who is capable of purchasing any one of them is unlikely to be worrying about the monthly payment and what affect it would have on their insurance like the buyer of a normal car would be.

Just look at the number of people out there with 458's and 12C's - there are quite a few.

>8^)
    ER

16. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Ironically I think the new Ferrari is more "low-key" than the Enzo and the P4/5. Maybe even too much.

Opinions! Like as*holes, everybody owns one.

17. Innotech

Innotech Formula Junior

May 14, 2004
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Jue
    I would argue most of those 499 wouldnt have ever considered a Mclaren no matter how good it was.

18. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    I agree with you. From the side from 20 feet away many non car people wouldn't be able to tell it apart from a 458.

19. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Is that the reason the 458 on Ferrari's stand was white, and placed as far from the LaFerrari as possible? :)

>8^)
    ER

20. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    But that's true of the new Vette and the F12 as well.

Most people are not car nuts like ourselves. This car was designed for car nuts, not the general population.

21. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    In the Owner's video at Geneva DeLuca said only 449 would be built and he had over 700 customer orders in writing.

Go to Gallery and listen to this car. On board and outside. that's what I am talking about. :cool:

22. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    If history is a guide its usually either or with hypercars although there are notable exceptions, many of which aren't original owners so don't figure in this calculus.

At the 458 price point a lot more people can afford one of each.

23. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    The first figure is possible, the second hard to swallow.
    But Ferrari never exaggerates.
    ;)

24. Innotech

Innotech Formula Junior

May 14, 2004
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Jue
    Well I dunno about that. there is the matter of a huge gaping intake hole on the side of the LF.

25. asb9987

asb9987 F1 Rookie

Dec 4, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    A. B.
    Can we just call this thing the F70? Lol.