La Ferrari name is the beginning for the company..... | FerrariChat

La Ferrari name is the beginning for the company.....

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by ferrari_envy, Mar 6, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrari_envy

ferrari_envy Karting

Sep 5, 2009
    For those that are complaining about the name or styling I believe that this is the beginning for Ferrari, with the KERS system. The company is essentially thinking about the future while we are thinking about today.

Long after we have all passed and the generation that succeeds us and the next will remember this car as "The Ferrari", the first of it's kind of hybid super cars. The direction of super cars are going this way with the Porsche and now Ferrari.

The styling has to look futuristic and this car, although a little bit out there for me, does succeed in styling. It's that flashy, look at me cues that super cars should have. The ENZO still looks up to date and I think this car will be the same.

Look at it as the beginning....and more to come.

2. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    interesting take. It does make me warm up to the name a tad bit more but I still don't like it. I do however love the styling it looks incredible.

3. Innotech

Innotech Formula Junior

May 14, 2004
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Jue
    This car does not look very futuristic.

4. qvpower

qvpower Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    Cali
    There will always be another "The Ferrari" as long as the company is alive and moving forward .. this car is not the end of all supercars that is so revolutionary its gonna win awards either... Just plain bad choice of name that disregards what the next "The Ferrari" is going to be... unless they dont build anymore supercars anymore... or perhaps just that it will be the last v-12 they will build? whatever the case, its always good to try to rationalize bad decisions, but at the end of the day, a bad decision is a bad decision....

5. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    Tirare una Linea sulla Sabbia?

6. ferrari_envy

ferrari_envy Karting

Sep 5, 2009
    Pretty much where I am getting at here. It could be closing of one chapter and the opening of another. Perhaps no more V12? Who knows but this car has a pretty radical look that separates itself from the normal production runs of Ferrari.

Just look at all the proceeding cars to The Ferrari and they were very radical in design compared to their sister production cars. This is no different here.

Does it look like a Ferrari? Aside from the headlights seen on a 458 it doesn't look like one.

It has the heart of a Ferrari but it remains to be seen if it has the soul. I think it's a car that looks superior to the 458 and F12 and you slap a Ferrari badge on it and you have the supercars of all supercars.

7. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    Maybe. But there will be other times and other opportunities to issue a challenge. The LaF returns Ferrari to its more traditional roots that it had left with the Enzo styling, while extending the limits of technology. But it is not THE Ferrari for all time. The symbolism -- if there is any -- is misplaced.

8. ferrari_envy

ferrari_envy Karting

Sep 5, 2009
    It will probably be the best car they ever made. Perhaps everything is combined from the beautiful V12 in combination with the electric, they have basically maxed out every number possible on a spec sheet.

Who knows? The next successor of this car may never put out the amount of horsepower and specs as this one.

The next could be a V8, smaller motor and slower times but much more efficient. This really could be it.

9. ace355

ace355 Formula Junior

May 23, 2008
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I think we are witnessing something revolutionary here. Top speed and acceleration have now been dropped as the benchmarks. Go get yourself a Veyron and try to acheive the top speed. From memory, there are only 2 places on the planet where this is possible. Sub 3 second 0-100km? Not hugely useful in a road car. What they have concentrated on is tumbling lap times, and shaving 5 seconds of the Enzo's @ Fiorano is quite unbelievable. You would have thought they shortened the track!

I see the revolutionary systems as (in no particular order)

New HYKERS system recharging from both braking and engine adding torque from starts
    Active aerodynamics - not just a rear wing that helps braking, but underbody panels that adjust as speed changes.
    Engine volumetric efficiency such as the air trumpets that move up and down according to engine speed
    New seating position with adjustable steering column and pedal box

I'm sure there are more. It really is "The Ferrari", but I wish that could have been a nickname and something more fitting for this beast could have been imagined.