Interested in purchasing a pre-enjoyed driving suit and helmet | FerrariChat

Interested in purchasing a pre-enjoyed driving suit and helmet

Discussion in 'Florida' started by RobertM, Mar 17, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RobertM

RobertM Formula 3

Apr 17, 2005
    Weston, Florida
    Full Name:
    Robert M
    Does anyone know where I can get a pre-enjoyed driving suit and / or helmet ??? I am looking for one with lots of badges etc. (team race suit) ???

2. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    Do you plan to use them at a track event or a Halloween costume?

If you plan to do some tracking, everything needs to be "current." Especially your helmet.

3. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Ditto. If you plan to use them as functioning safety equipment... Buy new.

That said, Wine Country Motorsports has some really cool collector / vintage stuff now and then. I have seen a few cool items in their Sebring store now and then, like Steve McQueen era Gulf Racing overalls, a vintage open face helmet with goggles, and an autographed Rubens Barrichello "race worn" suit.

If you are looking for collector items or just cool stuff, they might have something that interests you. But for actual on track use, buy new, make sure it fits properly, make sure it is up to current spec... You can always customize later (within reason of course).

4. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    Pre-enjoyed may require additional inspections. Especially the front and back.

5. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    It is motorsport after all. Enthusiastic use may result in 'skid marks.'

6. akydakyx

akydakyx Karting

Feb 9, 2002
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Steve K
    stand 21 at road atlanta might have what you are looking for. they have new surplus from time to time. pricing good for stand 21 but stand 21 stuff is pricier than most to begin with.