Anyone know the Scud superfast 2 shift algorithm? | FerrariChat

Anyone know the Scud superfast 2 shift algorithm?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Stevely, Mar 29, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Stevely

Stevely Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2011
    LA, CA
    Curious if anyone might have a chart or specs on when the scud does the superfast shifting versus the regular slow shifting. I figure it has something to do with pedal depression/engine strain. Does it directly correlate with the valve open and close algorithm?

Curious because I don't think I remember mine doing a superfast shift between 1st and 2nd gear. But it does it between 2nd and 3rd and up.

2. dbonvillain

dbonvillain Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2012
    Boulder
    well I have a friend reversing the actual algorithm from the TCU currently...but I think what your asking is when it's supposed to do it - and I believe it is documented in the manual as - race mode, over 5k rpm and over 50% throttle.

3. DanS*

DanS* Karting

May 29, 2012
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    My Scud manual p.80 says:
    "... active only under the following conditions:
    -... SPORT, RACE, CT OFF,or SCT OFF;
    -engine at >5000 RPM and accelerator pedal at >40%;
    -no traction control;
    -engine water temperature >70C (158F)
    and engine oil temperature >15C (59F).
    A message on the multifunction display will inform the driver
    that F1-SuperFast 2 gearshifting is available."

4. dbonvillain

dbonvillain Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2012
    Boulder
    sounds right to me. Maybe the OP is not feeling it between 1&2 cause he's not warmed up yet? If I am doing the stuff above - it definitely does it in all gears

5. Stevely

Stevely Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2011
    LA, CA
    Yeah, I don't remember it kicking in between 1st and 2nd. I will try again today and report back. Thanks for the info guys.

6. DanS*

DanS* Karting

May 29, 2012
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Steve,
    Scud will do it on the 1 - 2 shift, but it's rather violent (aka Scud Thud).
    Dan

7. Bugsbunny

Bugsbunny Rookie

Jan 16, 2009
    Heaven
    Full Name:
    SSB
    Yes, exactly it does superfast shift if CST does not intervene which is very probable on 1st to 2nd gear change with lots of throttle!!

8. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    I would want a lot more oil temperature than 15C for a minimum time shift. Should not even exceed 4000 rpm until the oil temp is up to normal.

9. Stevely

Stevely Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2011
    LA, CA
    I definitely warm it up. I think you're right that it might be traction control kicking in which is strange because the car hasn't lost traction before it shifts. I got my scud to do SF2 at moderate throttle in race from 1st to 2nd. Full throttle, it rarely does it in race. I turned CST off and I think it did it. It's hard to tell when your brain is at the back of your skull.

Will have to try harder to pay attention next time.

10. DanS*

DanS* Karting

May 29, 2012
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    The temperatures are just out of the manual and do reflect the conditions for my F1S symbol to display. I'd consider it abuse to use it, or revs over ~3,500 at that point. It takes my Scud quite a while for the engine oil to get hot (~175F). Water comes up to 200F quicker.