A wonderful morning | FerrariChat

A wonderful morning

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by ersatzS2, Apr 6, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ersatzS2

ersatzS2 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 24, 2009
    Norfolk VA
    #1 ersatzS2, Apr 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Finally the roads are mostly clear of salt. Temp in the 50s. After a year long engine/suspension rebuild, I fired up the GTC early this AM. Picked up a friend and we went for a long ride. Wow what a sound. What a wonderful morning. We live in a crazy world, sometimes full of injustice, heartache, tragedy. In all of God's creation every now and then humans do something right. A big Ferrari V12 is one of them.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ByeEnzo

ByeEnzo Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2008
    Tejas
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo Bandini
    Great minds think alike. I took my GTC for a 140 mile round trip from FW to Dallas for Cars and Coffee. It ran like a top...totally sublime and elegant.

3. michael platzer

michael platzer F1 Veteran

Nov 12, 2003
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Michael Platzer
    beautiful car! would you please tell us the s/n?

4. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    Saturday must have been "Take Your GTC for a Drive Day." I did 290 miles getting to and from, and on, a group drive with the FChat Mid-Atlantic reprobates. Car ran wonderfully after a five-month hiatus. "Totally sublime and elegant" says it all. Ersatz, is your car nocciolla (hazlenut)? Gorgeous color.

5. ersatzS2

ersatzS2 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 24, 2009
    Norfolk VA

Ahh, good thing I didn't know about the reprobates on the prowl or I might've 'lost' the whole day! Yes, Nocciolla.

6. pueche

pueche Karting

Oct 5, 2006
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Jaime Pueche
    I took out my 365 GTC this weekend as well. As always a great weekend! And yes, what a car. What an engine and what a sound! Did about 60 miles satuday and a bit more today, up in the mountains in Madrid s outskirts. Simply fantastic!

7. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    The FChat Mid-Atlantic group has a couple of drives every year. You can read about the latest here: <http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/mid-atlantic-region-usa-pa-de-md-dc-va-sponsored-competizione/398579-west-chester-c-c-spring-drive.html>>. Great roads, a good mix of cars and people who appreciate them. Princeton is a bit of a drive from the usual start point, but is doable. You should consider coming to the Tom Yang Vintage Ferrari Event at Radcliffe Motorcar Company in Reisterstown, Maryland, May 4. Many old banger Ferraris and owners with decades of experience.