FF TRADE IN VALUE FOR AN F12 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

FF TRADE IN VALUE FOR AN F12

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Cariad, Jan 11, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FFMAC

FFMAC Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mac
    Well said Rick!

Enjoy the snow! We've had a little over here too, but without a set of Sottozeros, I've resisted the temptation!

Mac.

2. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    Rick...would you please be so kind as to move to Colorado so we can do some business?
    lol :)

I love your atttitude!

3. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    Rick, Absent, London John - What a great thread. I put 16k miles on a 612 OTO and loved every mile. Resale? Atrocious. Worth it? Yes.

4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    yeh u def dont care as much when u put the miles on and actually enjoy them....8400 miles on mine and hoping it snows more!

5. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    Amen.

6. p.roma

p.roma Karting

Mar 29, 2006
    Haha ahh, choked on my drink with that one.

7. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
  8. London John

London John Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London & Melbourne
    Full Name:
    John
    I'm not sure what I said to offend, but whatever it was it wasn't intended.

I've put 15k miles on a 612, 7k miles on a 599 and 5k miles on my FF. So, like you, my ethos is to drive them 'til you drop.

My point is that even the most cursory of inquiries would reveal that new V12 Ferrari's are the antitheses of a wise investment. Nobody buys one with the expectation of doing anything other than dropping cash, but it's the smile it brings to your face that acts as anaesthetic.

Used FF residuals on this side of the pond are extremely poor. I was looking at switching into an F12, but couldn't get a single bid for my well specced FF from the three main Ferrari dealers I called, including the company I bought the car from.

9. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Since I have known Cariad, he has had a 575M, a 458, and an FF, and he does drive them. So it was not an idle question.

10. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    Has anyone leased an FF and if so how do those numbers work out....?
    LarryH

11. bayareaferrari

bayareaferrari Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2004
    California
    #1...
    Used FF's are already starting to see asking prices of $260K-$300K and will keep coming down. The ones selling are on the lower end---They are a great car and worth it.

12. Cariad

Cariad Formula Junior

Jan 1, 2006
    Any F1 Circuit
    #37 Cariad, May 4, 2013
    Last edited: May 4, 2013
    Thanks Terry.
    We both love the FF, passed on early 2013 F12 to a 2014 model. Some bugs, one reason why so few are making it over here. The question was partly in jest, partly in a genuine attempt to understand market dynamics.
    You will be interested to know I have added to my modest collection a 1965 Alfa Guilia Spider Veloce, a 1971 Lancia Fulvia S2 Coupe ( very under rated ) and an original Downton 1965 Austin Mini Cooper S ( the original go kart )
    Must look you up when next in Santa Fe

13. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Cariad- Sounds like fun cars. My brother had a Guilietta Sprint Spider, but there is a big difference between a 1300 and a 1600. The Fulvias are very desirable, at least to me.

Have to get together next time you are up north.

14. chris5150

chris5150 Formula Junior

Apr 16, 2009
    Crikey john that says a lot, cannot even get a bid on it when wanting to order an F12.... That's remarkable, not exactly encouraging a long standing relationship with your dealer is it
    Dealers keep telling me the ff is a top seller and shifting loads more than they expected too... That's not really ringing very true at all
    As u say though enjoy the car so long as you can afford it then who cares on the value front

15. StephenB

StephenB Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 12, 2007
    S Florida
    Full Name:
    Stephen Bruno
    +1...
    These are big boy toys if you can't afford it then go play in a different sandbox.

16. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    Would love to hear more re lease numbers for this V12 Ferrari you can drive in a blizzard!

17. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    True, but it is always a good idea to check around in case the dealer is just gouging. Never gonna make money on them, but no need to pay more or or receive less than market on these gems!

John

18. London John

London John Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London & Melbourne
    Full Name:
    John
    Can't disagree with any of that. Besides, I'm being shown an F12 so may soon find out what they're as trade in on a 6 month old FF.

19. 2dinos

2dinos F1 Rookie

Jan 13, 2007
    It is a pretty amazing car. Anybody see them UH-ppreciating? Like the 288GTO? Production number limitations? Extremely cool technically etc.

20. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
  21. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas