Manual F12berlinetta: Any Way It'd Be Possible? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Manual F12berlinetta: Any Way It'd Be Possible?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by JasonSpidey, Apr 17, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    I asked for a manual to be built in my California. The issue wasn't anything to do with cost or "could they" the issue was with homologation into this specific market. I thought the California would have been nice to cruise around in with a stick. Ask Ferrari about it if you really want one and see what they say.

2. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

ScuderiaWithStickPlease F1 World Champ

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    And in the current generation, they've been combined into one unit, enabling higher speeds, more refinement and better reliability, no?

3. Ferrari FXX

Ferrari FXX Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2007
    You're right. I think Kobe Bryant's old lady has the only fully automatic Murci or Aventador in the world because she doesn't know how to use paddle shifts or stick shift lol!!!!!

Kobe got Lamborghini to make her a 1 off.

4. JohnAnthony

JohnAnthony Rookie

Nov 2, 2008
    Astoria, NY
    Full Name:
    John Anthony

by interdependent i mean they require each other to work, the sensor data you pointed out is taken into account simultaneously by the ecu but it is not required to travel through the drivetrain in order for the engine or differential to work. the DCT is the only piece on the car that has it's own computer to control gear changes but it certainly doesn't require insane amount of communication w/ the engine to know what to do.

the only performance that is obviously affected by swapping the F1 for a Manual is the acceleration, up-shifts and down-shifts

5. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    Of course. And this is why cars in the US default to Auto mode too. Programs for shift rpms, exhaust valves, etc. are programmed just as much for regulations as any performance issues. People talk of exhaust vlaves closing at low RPM for backpressure and torque benefits... hogwash.

Expect to see noise reg loopholes closed in the comming years as more manufacturers catch on to being able to make wide open exhausts meet regulations specifically through programming valves (just not at tested RPMs as written in regulations).

just like vlaved exhasts, dual clutch transmissions have done wonders for allowing cars to meet legal requirements and yet with the push of a button allow them skirt the intent (a good thing). Enjoy it while we can.

6. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    The speed at which the F12's engine revs, the throttle is very sensitive would make driving with a stick shift pretty difficult I would think!

7. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Most ridiculous thing in the world.

8. Stevenb

Stevenb F1 Rookie

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name: