Maranello visit help | FerrariChat

Maranello visit help

Discussion in '348/355' started by rolaszek, Sep 1, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rolaszek

rolaszek Karting

Apr 28, 2010
    Plainfield, Ill
    Full Name:
    Bob the nubie
    Hey boys and girls,
    Am visiting Bologna on a weekend in a couple of
    weeks. I am told it's only about 45 minutes from
    Maranello/Modena. Any one have any ideas or
    suggestions about a good way to get to the holy grail
    on the weekend to visit anything relative to our passion.

Ferrari museum visit, factory tour, or any other worthwhile sites to see information
    would certainly be appreciated.

First time to Europe, so any, and all suggestions would certainly make things easier.

Thanks in advance.

2. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    If you want a real factory tour you have to be an owner and coordinate through your local dealer.
    I tried to do this when I went there last fall and it wasn't enough time to get in to the factory tour.

The factory Bus tour is ok but I wouldn't do it again, you can't get out of the bus and you do not go inside of the buildings, you just ride around the grounds and the F1 track area.

I also went to the Lamborghini factory Museum and went on a fun factory tour of that factory.

Ducati's factory is very close to the Ferrari Factory you could check that out as well.

3. bcb70

bcb70 Karting

Mar 30, 2013
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Brian B
    I just returned from Italy 2 weeks ago and made Maranello one of my stops. Take the regional train to Modena then a taxi or shuttle bus to the museum. If you plan on staying in Maranello you have to stay at Maranello Village. It's Ferrari inspired and has a Superb friendly staff. You can pre-purchase your museum tickets on line which is helpful. I would suggest also purchasing the House of Enzo tour.
    You have to be Ferrari owner and prearrange a tour in the factory. The museum and Enzo house tour are well worth it if you don't make it to the factory.

4. Merano

Merano Rookie

May 10, 2005
    Metrowest, MA
    Full Name:
    John
    When I was in Maranello last October I talked to a guy working at 'Push Start Maranello'. This company rents Ferrari's & Lambo's for quick test drives 10 min, 30 min, etc. The starting cost is about 70 Euro's. Not cheap, but a lot less than shipping the Fcar to Italy and driving. Check out their Web page at Pushstart - Test Drive Maranello . If you have the budget I would go for the 30 minutes or the Mountain tour. Based on their location (Close to the Ferrari Museum) if you did the 10 minute test drive you would not make it out of the city. The mountain tour I suspect is on the road Via Abetone which has a series of hairpin turns where I initially saw a number of years ago the F40's being test driven. Have a great time!

5. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I stayed at Maranello Village as well. It's a nice Ferrari themed hotel and a short drive to the factory area. Good breakfast too. We did the Ferrari museum since we couldn't get into the factory (no Fcar at the time). That whole area is really nice around the factory and plenty of Ferrari activity :)

6. LouB747

LouB747 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2009
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Lou Boyer
    I too visited Maranello a few years ago. Even as an owner, I couldn't get in. My trip was last minute and I didn't set anything up ahead of time. Just showed up (jacket and tie) with both my pink slips. Almost got in. But no dice. I think it's very important to have a local dealer set up the visit. Otherwise, I'm guessing you won't get in.....

All the best, Lou

7. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    If you are a member of FCA they can help you. Also, there is a tour advertiser in the club mag that can help you get in even if you don't use them for your trip.

8. ForsytheFotographyHouston

BANNED

Apr 2, 2012
    Houston Texas
    Full Name:
    Eric Forsythe
    #9 ForsytheFotographyHouston, Sep 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. dapper

dapper Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I did a tour in 2006 with my father, included inside the production factory, trim, body and engine plant etc. Also included the Scuderia part of the organisation, so race car build area, engine and gearbox build rooms, transportation (Logistico?) area, where they set out the lorries contents etc in prep for going away, even this part of the org was amazing.

As I recall for us the only off bounds area in the Production factory grounds that suprised me was the new paintshop, apparently lots of secrecy surrounding that area of modern car painting?

I was fortunate that the visit I did coincided with Schumi doing F1 tyre testing around Fiorano, we were coached into there to watch. At lunch Schumi came in and did a talk for us and meet/great. It was also the launch of the 599, so many press pundits were there with us within the Fiorano track boundary.

Got tons of superb pics and video, fantastic memories and VERY recommended.