I did it! 458 Italia purchase | FerrariChat

I did it! 458 Italia purchase

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Zinger, Sep 15, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Zinger

Zinger Formula 3

Apr 11, 2009
    Leesburg, Va
    Full Name:
    Ryan M
    #1 Zinger, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I finally did it, purchased a 458 Italia! Continental Ferrari has this gorgeous 1 Owner 2012 Red/Tan 458 Italia coupe with only 3950 miles on the clock. The car was listed at the beginning of last week on a local owner that traded the car on a new 458 spider. This car has a heavy MSRP of $301,650 and is loaded! This car has full carbon (except doors) , afs headlight system, cruise control, shields, front lifter, nav +bluetooth ,hi fi sound, 20" painted wheels, leather rear wall, leather headliner, nero stitching, alacantara armrests, red tach, aluminium calipers, Ipod, rear camera, front and rear parking sensors, sat radio, daytona seats, full power seats. This car is in amazing condition and was well cared for by the first owner. I saw the car listing on cars.com and immediately knew this was the one. I put a deposit down and my wife and I flew to Chicago the next day to see the car. Lonny at Continental was very proffesional and was accurate when he said the car is flawless. This car is a gem. I drove the car and oh my, what a step up from my previous F430 coupe, unreal!! The car gets shipped to my home in Virginia next week by Horseless Carriage transport, cant wait. Thanks for all the tips guys. I was going for a lower priced 2010 with some miles but when this car popped up with the options, 18 months warranty remaining and 7 year maintenance I figured the extra money spent was a wise choice. Once the car is home I will post a bunch of pics and give my review of the driving experience.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Congrats!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

3. Melons

Melons Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2013
    Congratulations!! beautiful car!!

4. tocho

tocho Karting

Oct 6, 2006
    Congratulations!

5. photonut

photonut F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 16, 2007
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Joel
    nice choice.
    congrats!

6. since-15

since-15 Formula 3

Nov 26, 2008
    DO you have any pics of the interior? I have not seen alcantara arm rests before.

7. 458trofeo

458trofeo F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2013
    City of Angels
    Full Name:
    101 aki
    congrats!! love the sliver calipers with rosso corsa!
    same spec as the 1:18 models :)

8. Camelot

Camelot Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2013
    down South
    Nice car...congrats

9. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Congrats! I bet it will be a tough week to wait!!

10. abz

abz Formula 3

Aug 27, 2006
    PA
    Full Name:
    Al
    Congrats. Enjoy her.

11. Zinger

Zinger Formula 3

Apr 11, 2009
    Leesburg, Va
    Full Name:
    Ryan M
    Thanks guys. Not sure what is more exciting,my first Ferrari or the second being that the car is a 458 Italia. I cant stop thinking about my test drive. The sound, the feel of this car, the power, the led's on the wheel when you hit 6k on the tach+, I am amazed with this car!

The wait for delivery will be torture, but well worth it. I just hope she arrives safely....

The wait will be far easier than waiting 6 months for a new one!

Ryan

12. F430kenric

F430kenric Formula 3

Mar 27, 2011
    Congrats. You will lover your new 458!

13. Rcktrod

Rcktrod F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2010
    USA
    Congrats. She's gorgeous. You'll have a blast driving her...."race mode".

14. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    very nice,congratulations!

15. wlt

wlt Karting

Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas
    Wonderful car! enjoy in the best of health!

16. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    So you pulled the trigger. I guess you decided not to wait for them to drop below $225k. Great choice. Enjoy it in good health.

17. forgeahead

forgeahead F1 Rookie
    Owner

Sep 16, 2008
    Rocky Mount, NC
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Many congrats! Wait till you get into her a bit. You won't believe the light years difference from the outstanding 430.

18. skinguy23

skinguy23 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2011
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Congrats! I was in the same boat as you and I'm glad you picked up such a well cared for car. I decided to order one, but it sure is nice to hunt for THE car, find it and purchase. It sounds like you got it for a good price as well, considering all of the options it has.

Incidentally, they have several nice used 458's there at fair prices. I was there a month ago and checked them out. Look up their website for more info. Nice people there too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

19. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    There is little to compare with the experience you are having. Congratulations and enjoy the driving!

20. Zinger

Zinger Formula 3

Apr 11, 2009
    Leesburg, Va
    Full Name:
    Ryan M
    I was going to wait and find a nice 2010 under 10k miles for mid 220's. However, given the car I purchased is a 2012 with warranty still active for another 1 1/2 years, 7 years maintenance paid for and the high MSRP over $300,000 made the price point for what I paid very logical to me.

I will say that Continental Ferrari is a great dealership, they have very clean examples. Lonny and Jeff are stand up guys. The 2010 458 with 9k miles for asking price of $233,000 just SOLD the day I was there.

They have a gorgeous colored 458 in a historic Blue Scozia color which is just stunning. I am a classic red/tan guy but my gosh is that color rich and vibrant.

I will post some more pics later when I get home.

Thanks for the comments guys, I am soo excited about this car.

21. rsflv

rsflv Karting

Oct 28, 2012
    RanchoSantaFe/Vegas
    Excellent choice!! Looking forward to more pics.

22. Skovbo

Skovbo Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2012
    Nice touch with the silver calipers. Really makes for a clean look.

23. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Congrats Ryan and glad you pulled the trigger. You will have no regrets, sounds like you got a fair deal. Enjoy.

24. Jazzman

Jazzman Formula Junior

Sep 22, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Ryan

You don't know me but I almost bought the 430 you bought from Algar. I was jealous when I called Algar and found out that they had already committed the car to you. So, they found me one just like yours and I bought it right after you bought yours. It is a great car but now I am jealous again. Congrats. Please post lots of pics.

25. Zinger

Zinger Formula 3

Apr 11, 2009
    Leesburg, Va
    Full Name:
    Ryan M
    I found that when the right car pops up you have to act fast! Its funny, when the Algar F430 in Philadelphia was listed I jumped on that car right away. The spec was almost to a T of what I was looking for at the time and I drove to Philly with my wife that very next day. I drove the car, spent the night and did the paperwork the next day. I think that car was listed for 2 days before I placed a deposit down.

The 458 was the same situation. I was looking for a highly specced 458 with Rossa Corsa red over tan and considered black interior but deep down wanted the tan. The 458 I found has a nice combination of tan and black. The dash is black, the carpets are black, the center console is black and the headliner is all black. The seats, door panels and rear wall are are tan leather so this car with the heavy options and nero stitching was a very clean and crisp interior. Trying to find all the BIG options in 1 car is tough to find like Front Lifter, Full Carbon, HI-FI sound, rear camera and Nav. This car has it all so I am pleased to have found her.

Ryan