Build Sheets | FerrariChat

Build Sheets

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by 330GTCFERRARI, Oct 15, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 330GTCFERRARI

330GTCFERRARI Karting

Jun 21, 2012
    NYC
    Is there a way to get a build sheet for our car's? Does the factory retain them?

2. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    Marcel can get it for you, it's very helpful to have.

3. 330GTCFERRARI

330GTCFERRARI Karting

Jun 21, 2012
    NYC
    i would love to have one for my car. i have pm'ed him but not heard back. i am assuming he is a very busy guy. it would be so awesome to have that.

I found out from the 330 register that my car was Identified as 330 GTC in PF records per H. Raab's FSN Part I (rev). Delivered to Scarpinelli (I) 491/C0594

What is Scarpinelli? Anyone know.

4. Jumprun

Jumprun Karting

Feb 7, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    T. Martinez
    Scarpinelli, according to the Red Book, is an individual, look at the column key in the preface.

5. 330GTCFERRARI

330GTCFERRARI Karting

Jun 21, 2012
    NYC
    i dopnt have Red Book. Found this on web.

6. jchuka

jchuka Karting

Mar 20, 2007
    Manhattan Beach, Cal
    Full Name:
    John P. Chuka
    Seems like Marcel is busy. Is there any other way to get the build info for our cars?
    John C.

7. johngtc

johngtc Formula Junior
    Owner

Mar 4, 2005
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    John Gould
    I think I am right in saying that Ferrari stopped producing build sheets for most individual vehicles some time in the mid 60's. I recall that when I tried to get one for my GTC, several years ago, I was told (not by Marcel) that the factory ceased issuing these with the arrival of series production of largely identical cars.

John

8. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    The factory does have the build sheets. They just sat around in cardboard boxes and some have gone missing over the years. It was not until Classiche arrived that they saw the real potential in those old records.
    I ordered them from the factory in the past for a small fee. I think it was only $25USD. It usually took a couple of months by mail. One time they sent me back the specifications for the wrong serial number car. It only took a couple of weeks to correct that problem! I didn't get very many of them. One American collector amassed more than 500 build sheets. He shopped them around for 25k but there was little interest back then. Don't know what happened to them after that.
    Why not try and find previous owners of your car? Perhaps they already have the information you are looking for now.
    CH

9. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Build sheets continued into the 1970's I believe.

10. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I recently contacted Ferrari through the owners' site to request the build sheets for S/N 8169. They responded indicating that I need to go through a local dealer for any documentation. I took that to mean that it will require some kind of Classiche interaction, but I didn't try contacting the dealer. Maybe I will contact one to see what they have to say.

As recently as the early/mid 2000's, you could download various documents like the "Colors Certificate" directly from the owners' website, but that is no longer the case. They should share the data they have and charge an administration fee for whatever it takes to get it to you as they did in the past, but apparently those days are over.

11. DWR46

DWR46 Formula 3
    Honorary

Jun 19, 2012
    Detailed Build Sheets ceased to be produced part way through Daytona production. After that time, very brief summaries was all that they did.

12. steve meltzer

steve meltzer Formula 3

Sep 18, 2004
    with Enzo 8995
    I was at the Classiche/Vintage Restoration part of the factory in Maranello, October, 2011.
    Christos and Marco pulled the build sheet for my car, #8995, right out of a box that was on a nearby shelf. It was on microfiche and we looked at it together on the reader/machine. They said I would get a copy if/when I submitted the car for Classiche certification, but didn't offer me a copy at that time. I didn't want to "overstay my welcome" by asking, so I don't have that copy. steve

13. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    I have the build sheets for my '67 GTC

14. DWR46

DWR46 Formula 3
    Honorary

Jun 19, 2012
    The Certification (Red) books we have do NOT have Build Sheets in them. Maybe, now they are giving out the sheets, but I doubt it.

15. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Seems crazy for them not to be included. Hopefully they are at least referencing the build sheets for the certification process.

16. ByeEnzo

ByeEnzo Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2008
    Tejas
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo Bandini
    I have the build sheets in the red book for 10167. The previous owner had the Classiche done on the car and paid a significant "extra" amount to have the copies of the build sheets included in the back of the book.

17. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    They come with the red certification books, but you have to ask for them and there is an additional cost involved with getting them.

18. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    I have the build sheets for my old 1967 330/365GTC prototype #10581.

19. johngtc

johngtc Formula Junior
    Owner

Mar 4, 2005
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    John Gould

My 330 GTC is #11333, from August 68.

In view of other posters' information, I will try again!

John

20. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Question for those with build sheets: Did you find out anything important from the build sheets that you didn't already know about your car?

21. 328dgtb

328dgtb Formula Junior

May 12, 2010
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    David Goodwin
    I have recently returned from Classiche in Maranello too.

A limited copy (part of the build sheet) is available but only after Classiche certification and at an additional 500 euro.

David

22. steve meltzer

steve meltzer Formula 3

Sep 18, 2004
    with Enzo 8995
    Only 500 Euros? Whatta bargain for a partial build sheet. s

23. cheesey

cheesey Formula 3

Jun 23, 2011
    that is ridiculous price for a build sheet, says "...go away, don't bother us, you are a pain in the backside..." only to gain what the original owner's build preferences were...

24. 330GTCFERRARI

330GTCFERRARI Karting

Jun 21, 2012
    NYC