Swissvax Best of Show - Advice Needed Please | FerrariChat

Swissvax Best of Show - Advice Needed Please

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Richpark, Nov 11, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Richpark

Richpark Rookie

Sep 26, 2013
    UK
    I purchased a pot of BOS to treat my car. I've never used anything other than a liquid wax before.

I was a little surprised at the consistency - it's as hard as a candle, a solid block of wax. When I rub the applicator over the top of the wax, virtually nothing comes off. It seems it would take a lifetime to wax my car using this. If I turn the pot upside down, the entire block of wax falls out into my hand.

Do I have a defective pot, or do I just need to learn how to use this?

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

2. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    You might try keeping it in a warm place to soften it a little and then I use a foam applicator that I cut small so I can dip it into the jar. I was nervous about rubbing a dry pad on my paint so I took a lot of time to get a "coating of the wax on the applicator first.
    You can use a fingernail or tongue depressor and scratch it across the wax to free up some to make it easier to apply. Once you get going it will all fall into place but mine is ambient at 80 F so I might be starting from a better place. IIRC mine was Concorso so it might be a little softer to begin with. I am not sure. Good Luck, get cracking!

3. doppioexpresso

doppioexpresso Karting

Mar 29, 2010
    Zürich, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Hi Kevin

Congratlations to a fantastic product! I worked for Swissvax about 10 years ago and have never stoped using the great products. I do agree with you that they Need a bit of practice but once you got used to it you will get the hang of it.

It is absolutely normal that you only get a little bit of wax on your sponge - i prefere to use my bare Hands though as I think the result is better. Probably you should try this as well and see for yourself what is easyer. I highly recommend taking of your ring(s) beforehand.

Amazingly a very thin film of wax is sufficient to make your car glow like a christmas tree ball. If you use too much you could get swirl-marks that simply look terrible in the sun. And since the product is very expensive, you probably want to wax as many cars as possible with the jar bough.

if you have any questions please contact me as i am using the products all the time and i am a big fan of them