Top Speed Pro -1 exhaust | FerrariChat

Top Speed Pro -1 exhaust

Discussion in '348/355' started by SONNY, Nov 14, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SONNY

SONNY Rookie

Nov 13, 2003
    Any 355 's with their racing system on ? Video?

How about their stock 355 muffler sound?

2. embraer

embraer Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2012
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Mike
    are you talking about the challenge system? it should sound just like any other challenge system, as the design is identical. there was a video of my car with the topspeed pro-1. I hastily put the video on, and I didn't have the exhaust on correctly...so it had a weird whistle sound.

the welds are nice. honestly, for the money...you can't go wrong. the sound is very, very similar to a tubi. of course, lots of guys will chime in here saying that it's a crap system, will cause your headers to melt, etc. ..they just happened to pay 4 times the cost of the Top Speed for their brand XXXXX exhaust system.

3. embraer

embraer Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2012
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Mike
  4. SONNY

SONNY Rookie

Nov 13, 2003
    Thanks! I listened to the video.....sounds great! Gave it a thumbs up!

I have had many Ferraris, Maseratis, etc and tend to agree that all pricing is out of sight and , more so, unsubstantiated. I have a stock system and will go for the challenge system

Did you have any fit problems? Any lights?

5. embraer

embraer Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2012
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Mike
    i have a challenge system on my '95. if you have a 96 or newer, expect lights. I retained my bypass valve, which I think, helps to prevent my car from tripping lights.

6. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I have a 98 with a custom exhaust - no muffler. Very much like the challenge exhaust. No CEL's at all.

7. Evan.Fiorentino

Evan.Fiorentino F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    South East Florida
    Full Name:
    Evan
    I think that for me I find myself preferring the systems that maintain the very high pitched shriek that the 355 is known for. The challenge system at least to my ears seems to take away some of the refinement that a crafted exhaust has and usually carries a lower tone. While still sounding good, for me the 355 is about feeling like you have a pack of sport bikes barreling down right behind your head screaming at you!

In the end sound is totally subjective and each person has different tastes but regardless of cost I think that if you like one particular sound you will find a way to justify it regardless of cost.

All I know is that the 355 is one of the best sounding cars ever made!

8. embraer

embraer Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2012
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yep, very subjective. I've gone both routes, but still prefer the challenge system. I think the challenge system sounds exactly like the factory muffler...just much, much louder. That was the sound that the car was originally known for...not the super high pitched aftermarket sound. It has a tuned, Pavarotti-esque quality to it...especially at high RPM's. I can appreciate the tubi and capristo sound...but challenge for me.

9. embraer

embraer Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2012
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Mike
  10. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    I like a "tuned" free flowing exhaust system not a speaker :)

11. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Mama mia that's a great sounding pipe! (The challenge that is. I have not liked at the other one)