Ferrari LaFerrari vs Mclaren P1 vs Porsche 918 | Page 188 | FerrariChat

Ferrari LaFerrari vs Mclaren P1 vs Porsche 918

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by mpowered, Nov 3, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    IMO p1 looks best, 918 second and laf last.

2. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    You know what they say about opinions.....

3. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Does not owning a Ferrari preclude them (us) of having a sense of aesthetics?

4. ginge82

ginge82 Formula 3

Jul 23, 2012
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Art Corvelay
    After we have finally seen the production ready versions of all three cars, the Porsche looks like a Porsche, the Ferrari looks like a Ferrari and the Mclaren looks like a Venom GT.

5. Floyd

Floyd Karting

Apr 30, 2009
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Jan
    While you are right regarding the Civic (how many? 20 million?), you're painting a funny picture about Porsche. They are well done (well, most of them), but they are surely not hand made.

This year Porsche built the 500.000th Cayenne. In 2012 they built 151.000 cars (83.000 Cayenne). What else as a mass production car?

And if they had to look for the right screw, I would doubt the quality (managment)...

BTW, they are/were built at Valmet in Finnland (>160.000 Boxster/Cayman), VW in Bratislava (Cayenne), Hannover (Panamera), Osnabrück (new Boxster)...

6. Cozmic_Kid

Cozmic_Kid F1 Veteran

Dec 1, 2005
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    B. Frandsen
    Interesting statement.

7. giacomodiroma

giacomodiroma Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 11, 2013
    Ginge82, exactly who is 'we'?. Everytime you make a post on this forum, I must laugh so much! You are so incompetent.

8. ginge82

ginge82 Formula 3

Jul 23, 2012
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Art Corvelay
    Unless you and others are living in North Korea everyone will have the same access to the same images of these three cars that I do.

If you are in North Korea, please pass on my warmest regards to dear leader.

9. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    #4684 redcaruser, Dec 13, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
    strange thoughts!

10. perrinnation

perrinnation Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2012
    The Detroit area
    Full Name:
    David
    I don't own a Ferrari but I find my taste in automobiles to be rather exceptional.

11. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    That wasn't a very inteligent post....and by the way, i don't own any ferrari (this however does not prevent me or any other Ferrari fan from having more taste in car design than someone who owns one), and yes, i think the p1 looks like crap!

12. cka

cka Formula 3

Oct 12, 2009
    botanic gardens
    Full Name:
    king
    It may be time for you to visit an optician if you think the P1 looks like the Venom GT. By the way have you actually seen the P1? I have seen it. Have not seen the LF or the 918. I think it's the most futuristic design car available now and for me the best in the looks dept of the lot. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so i don't have an issue if anyone here thinks the P1 sucks in the looks dept. But best to give that opinion after you have seen it. I had on order the 458 spider and cancelled after i saw it, so pictures unfortunately do not always give a true representation.

As for ring time, McLaren should have done a better job handling this. To some here, McLaren is full of lies and it's no point trying to convince them. More importantly, the car is sold out and these 375 lucky owners obviously did not concern themselves with all this debate about a sub 7min ring time. The reality is ,that is the most important.You cannot get one now, unless on the resale market and at what price we shall see. The other point here is if Santa Claus made an offer to the skeptics here that for Xmas this year, you are going to get a P1, i be damn if the skeptics here turned it down. Hell, i will take any of the 3 cars. They are the finest cars available now.

13. ginge82

ginge82 Formula 3

Jul 23, 2012
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Art Corvelay
    By your logic I will take it as a given that you have seen a Venom GT in the flesh in order to deny any similarities.

If you haven't stood next to one, how would you even know to dismiss the comparison? Your own post has confused logic. If you haven't stood next to either the LaFerrari or 918, is you assertion that the P1 is 'the best in the looks dept' unfair and illogical?

In your own words 'pictures unfortunately do not always give a true representation' and yet you have already concluded the Mclaren the best looking.

14. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    Between that Senna post and Lone Wolf claiming everyone on here can't afford these cars anyway why do they comment about them, it's amazing how Ego centered some guys can be.

Who knows who can buy these cars or who has them on these boards. Odd statement I agree.

Can we make comments regarding our local NFL teams. I'm sure not all of us can afford to buy one of those.

15. giacomodiroma

BANNED

Apr 11, 2013
    You are the leader of North Korea in disguise if you are capable of saying and representing 'we' with your opinion of design.
    Furthermore, we, the people of the world, know how delusional you are.

16. giacomodiroma

BANNED

Apr 11, 2013
    My dear furoni, yours is not a very intelligent post. No of course to not own a Ferrari does not mean you cannot have good taste in car design. But it become obvious that you are not a man of taste if you describe a object like P1 as resembling 'crap'. Is this the best critique that you are capable to make? I would not trust a man of you taste to design my toilet sewer pipe. And I am curious for how you dress.

17. DFexotic

DFexotic Formula Junior

May 5, 2012
    Chicago/Indiana
    Ive been reading this thread for 200 pages and decided not to add anything based on not being qualified to discuss technical things or interested enough to argue in trivial ring time bull****. I will maintain that now i have something, though not relevant, to add.

You are clearly the delusional one.

18. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Come on, guys... tone it down... you're getting borderline on personal attacks... if it escalates, forced vacations will ensue.

Mike

19. ginge82

ginge82 Formula 3

Jul 23, 2012
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Art Corvelay
    It hasn't escaped my notice that looking through your post history it appears every other post of yours seems to be an insult of some sort issued toward another poster.

My level of respect and interest in your opinion is set accordingly.

20. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Again, this is not a comment that is consistent with this discussion.

In this particular discussion, we are talking about the "race ready" Porsches. We are talking about the GT2 and GT3 cars, not the Caymans and the Cayennes. Nobody would consfuse a Cayman with a car that can do fast laps at the Ring.

21. giacomodiroma

BANNED

Apr 11, 2013
    OK Ginge82, let me try an other approach.

Why does the P1 look like Venom GT?

22. perrinnation

Nov 24, 2012
    The Detroit area
    Full Name:
    David
    #4698 perrinnation, Dec 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  23. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    Wow
    What are the specs of that Venom. Are they the same length and width?

24. perrinnation

Nov 24, 2012
    The Detroit area
    Full Name:
    David
    Not sure but man oh man those silhouettes are quite similar huh?