458 Spider in Silverstone and Bordeaux | FerrariChat

458 Spider in Silverstone and Bordeaux

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by tys123, Dec 26, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tys123

tys123 Rookie

Jul 6, 2013
    Just placed an order on a Ferrari 458 Spider in Grigio Silverstone and Bordeaux but I'm second guessing the interior color, I'm worried it will be hard to resell later if I decide to upgrade to the next gen 458. What do you guys think about this color combo? My second choice is black interior with yellow stitching.

2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #2 TheMayor, Dec 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I had a Maserati spider in this. People loved it.

You should buy what you like and not worry about resale. How often do you buy one of these things? Would you like to say you bought your second choice every time you stepped into it?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Bordeaux is beautiful.

4. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Formula 3

Jun 19, 2012
    I have a cuoio interior in my Silverstone coupe, but seriously considered bordeaux. Bordeaux is not an unusual combination with Silverstone, and the dealer suggested it as one of the best matches with Silverstone.

5. tys123

tys123 Rookie

Jul 6, 2013
    Could you send me or post a picture of your car? That's another color I'd consider because black is sort of boring but it's hard to get a feeling for a color in the configurator, thanks!

6. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
    Black is boring! Chose Bordeaux!

7. abz

abz Formula 3

Aug 27, 2006
    PA
    Full Name:
    Al
    #7 abz, Dec 26, 2013
  8. tys123

tys123 Rookie

Jul 6, 2013
    What about maybe even a dark brown such as cioccolato with white stitching. Also thank you everyone for the feedback and photos!

9. tys123

tys123 Rookie

Jul 6, 2013
    Not sure how to edit thread but after seeing Bordeaux in real life I've decided against it. Now it's between cioccolato (dark brown/chocolate color) with white special stitching or black with yellow stitching. The only reason I'm concerned about resale is that I'm doing this on a 2 year lease and hope to be able to oorder the next gen at that time. Thanks

10. littlewiz

littlewiz Karting

Apr 9, 2004
    When I spec'ed my 2006 430 Spider I originally wanted Silverstone and Bordeaux interior, but when I saw actual swatch the Bordeaux was too dark and muddy. I went with a Rosso interior and was very pleased.

Now I've gone in the opposite direction with my 458 Spider - Abu Dhabi Blu with Sabbia interior. I love it.

11. diSCUDsted

diSCUDsted Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2010
    ILLinois
    It's a lease and your worried about resale. Am I missing something here?

12. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Silverstone/Bordeaux is fantastic, you won't regret it.

13. Rcktrod

Rcktrod F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2010
    USA
    Cioccolato's a great color, you might want to look at Iroko which is a milk chocolate color.

14. tys123

tys123 Rookie

Jul 6, 2013
    The lease is open ended so if the car $20,000 less than residual because bad color combo I have to pay the difference. You may ask then what is the point of leasing and not buying. Because when I lease the car I don't have to pay all the sales tax at one time (nearly $28,000 in California) and I'm able to write the payments off as a business expense.

15. pascalt

pascalt Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Pascal
    For each is own, but I would really recommend to go with Grigio silverstone and cuoio.. Looks one hundred times better..

16. deppi0

deppi0 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Edmondo
    I have Grigio Ferro and Bordeaux leather and alcantara. I love it but I think you must see the colour in person to decide. There is a huge difference in colour between leather and alcantara...
    Your dealer should be able to show you a big sample in person.

17. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    If you are more comfortable with cioccolato or black, go for it. I love both in a Silverstone car.

But one other thing to consider is dash reflections of highly contrasting stitching. I drove an FF with a white stitching on a black dash surface and it got me crazy. But others are not bothered by it....

18. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    I have grigio chiaro stitching on black interior and and have no problems with dash reflection. I wear polarized sunglasses though, LV ftw. YMMV.

19. drjekyllmrlee

drjekyllmrlee Rookie

Jan 19, 2011
    Chicago, IL USA
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Have an M3 with this interior with some CF/black accents and enjoy each time I sit in it. Has remained a timeless color option even after several years. Best of Luck. Deciding these colors is tough. Ever consider taking a meeting at the factory to hold different leather/alcantera colors together and see them both indoors and also in the sunlight?

20. Tomshop

Tomshop Karting

Aug 7, 2011
    Was just in a Silverstone/Crema. Looks beautiful but need to keep clean.

21. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    I agree. Especially on a Spider.

22. horsmanp

horsmanp Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2005
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Patrick Horsman
    I have Silverstone and Cuio and it's sick!

23. abz

abz Formula 3

Aug 27, 2006
    PA
    Full Name:
    Al
    Have to agree. Cuoio with Silverstone is just gorgeous.

24. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Formula 3

Jun 19, 2012
    #24 Ski Bum, Jan 2, 2014
    Sorry, I've been away. Here's a pic of what the interior looked like at delivery. The seats have matching cuoio alcantera inserts.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. njcycleguy

njcycleguy Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    Cioccolato is a tough sell at resale time.. ask me how I know..