College Football (NON SEC ONLY) 2013 | Page 8 | FerrariChat

College Football (NON SEC ONLY) 2013

Discussion in 'Sports' started by BT, Aug 30, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Bridgewater will most likely be playing Sundays next season. He was a Miami commit but Randy Shannon pissed off Teddy's high school coach so he flipped to Louisville. We were beat at every position though, it was just most obvious at quarterback.

:(
    BT

2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    That's why bowl games are more unpredictable than regular season. The huge gap can hurt others that had momentum at the end and help others that need more time to study or get players rest that were worn down by seasons end. Still not interested in any of these games (haven't watched a single one) except the MNC game a week from tomorrow.

3. ebobh15

ebobh15 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 18, 2012
    The Rose Bowl will be between ground & pound schools, tough defenses and straightforward offense schemes. This may be the last traditional football game played in this era of read-option, spread, pistol, veer and Wing-T things they're coming up with. It probably won't go over 50 points total, but should be football as God intended it. Besides, it is the 100th Anniversary of the Rose Bowl, the weather will be clear and 72 degrees at game time in the Arroyo Seco - what could be better?

4. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    What's bizarre is next year the top 4 teams will play on new yrs eve and New Year's Day-and the winners will play 2 weeks after that. I didn't really think about it until this guy I work with brought it up but that's 2 mos of bowls-

5. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    Clemson! Good to see a victory for the Tajh in his last game-he is that good. These were the teams I picked for the championship game preseason

6. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    As predicted FSU are national champs. Even playing a terrible first half, and battling both Auburn and the refs FSU pulled out the win. 21 fourth quarter points really showed which team was more physically conditioned. It was entertaining though.

GO NOLES!!!

:)
    BT

7. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    Hard to watch when you have a horse in the race but Winston pulled it together with a handful of seconds on the board--that's what makes the college game what it is!

Also, thank God I didn't have the other horse! What a solid game by Auburn-where did that D come from?

8. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Battling the Refs???? AU was battling non holding calls on the refs all game.

9. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    There is holding on every play in college football. It has to be pretty obvious to get the call though. The facemask when Winston was scrambling, and the horse collar tackle, right in front of the ref though, those were easy calls. Fortunately it did not decide the outcome of the game. Now that Alabama has been beaten twice in a row, do you think Les Miles will come up with a plan to defeat Bama next year? It seems likely to me.

In other news, We are staying with Average Al and all his buddies for at least the next year. I was really hoping he would be moving on to Penn State and we would get Rob Chudzinski back. Oh well, I will root for FSU and LSU next year once my team is out of the running.

:)
    GO CANES!!!
    BT

10. WAR EGL

WAR EGL Formula Junior

May 8, 2003
    SE Connecticut
    Full Name:
    TWS
    You're both correct - the horse collar and facemask were both missed, and what was happening to Dee Ford was not your run of the mill holding on every play non-call. FSU couldn't handle him legally, and the refs seemed to ignore how they did handle him.

11. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    AMEN MY SEC BROTHER!!! Several times I say him carrying 3 FSU players and he was still moving with them hanging on.

12. WAR EGL

WAR EGL Formula Junior

May 8, 2003
    SE Connecticut
    Full Name:
    TWS
    All in all, those refs sucked. Between what's already been stated here and their obliviousness to late hits out of bounds, I'm really a bit shocked that they even noticed the contact that Chris Davis had with Greene on the pass interference call. It was like it was the only play of the game where they were actually paying attention.