NFL 2013 | Page 71 | FerrariChat

NFL 2013

Discussion in 'Sports' started by S Brake, Mar 13, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
  2. Ric

Ric Karting

Dec 25, 2003
    On the road..Conn
    Full Name:
    Ric N
    New England defense is not as good as Seattle but Peyton didn't exactly picked New England defense apart, so....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    #1753 PhilNotHill, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2014

Right. Peyton had 400 yds. No interceptions. NE could not stop the pass.

Den had 21 first downs by passing, 5 by rushing (107 rushing v 67 for NE). Only 1 punt.

Best

Meanwhile Sea had 193 yds passing and 116 yds rushing. 14 first downs...5 rushing, 8 passing.

BTW Wilson has never played in a Super Bowl. Peyton has won a Super Bowl. I expect it will be a great learning experience for Wilson. He looked like a QB in training today. Wilson had 2 fumbles and lost one. Ouch.

4. Kaivball

Kaivball Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    He didn't???

I'd say 400 yards and 21 first downs isn't exactly a defensive master piece... :)

Kai

5. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA

I wore Kenny Easley from the 80's today ;$

6. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    QB +Den
    Pass Offense +Den
    Rush Offense Even
    Defense +Sea
    Coaching +Den (Fox has been to a Super Bowl)
    Special Teams Even

Net Den +2

Best

7. ebobh15

ebobh15 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 18, 2012
    I'd love for Peyton Manning to win & then retire. Four neck surgeries, ankles so hobbled he has more tape than shoe right now, but still orchestrating a magnificent game. I'd be sorry to see him leave, since I enjoy the way he guides the offense, makes decisions, and then throws guys open. If he wins, though, he will be the only starting QB to win Super Bowls for two different teams, he will have set single season records his last year, and there's nothing like going out on top.

The story will be Denver's offense versus Seattle's defense. Sherman's quotes were great- no need to create an artificial matchup between good and evil. I hate when they stick mics in front of guys who have literally just finished competing, but his quotes were priceless. When you compare them to the Tiger Woods-like non-statements, at least you know what the guy thinks.

Denver's offensive line is a patchwork, and Seattle's D-Line is quick & agile. Seattle has the best defensive backfield in the game versus Manning's play calling. Wilson will IMHO determine who wins. He was visibly nervous today, and was timid at times when he needed to take charge. Quite normal for a first timer in such bright lights, and surviving today could be what he needed. Denver's defense gives up a lot of yards in the air, so Wilson's ability to hit receivers downfield will be the key. If he does, they will win. Lynch is a beast, and may be the toughest runner I've seen in years. If the air game opens up Denver's defense, Lynch will have a 150-yard day.

The wild card is the weather. If New York has another cold snap (which the NFL deserves for putting it outdoors in February in a snow city), all bets are off & Manning's management of the game will win. If the weather is not a factor, I like Seattle to beat up Denver's offense & Lynch to run for a couple scores. 27-21 Seattle if no snow; toss-up if there is.

8. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Nice! You gonna wear that jersey in Jersey?

9. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    I respect your opinion and analysis. However,

Wilson can't carry Peyton's jock strap.

Lynch has shown nothing exceptional the last few games. Den's Moreno and Ball can pound the rock and are up to the task.

Sea keeps talking about how great the 12th man is. They will not be at the Super Bowl.

I thought Sea would blow out SF at home. They barely won. Guessing that Peyton will not throw three interceptions like Kaepernick did.

Den has too many great receivers to go to. I give the edge to Den.

Best

10. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    BTW Den had 507 yds against NE. That's the most a NE Bellicheck team has given up EVER.

11. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Denver is currently favored by 2.

12. ebobh15

ebobh15 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 18, 2012
    I've seen great quarterbacks since Bart Starr forward; Peyton has a command of the game that is unique. He seems like a great guy, so I'd root for him almost any time. I'm also a USC guy (you there, stop booing) and have met Pete Carroll on several occasions. His enthusiasm is what turns some people off, but it is sincere & he was a positive influence on anyone who played for him. Richard Sherman is from Stanford, so I blame Harbaugh's influence on him for the way he acted after the game lol.

For me, either team could win & I'd be pretty happy seeing people I like getting the big prize, so I'm relaxed while thinking about it.

13. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    #1764 h2oskier, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
    Well said.

In Sherman's defense of his juvenile interview he and Crabtree went at it all day. After the game Sherman approached him to shake his hand. Crabtree showing his class shoved him away by his face guard. Anyone here see that?

What was said for 3 games between these 2 guys will never be known but I'd bet Super Bowl tickets on the fact that Crabtree had something to do with Sherman's post game antics.

Hyped up. All of us have made a mistake.
    If I find airfare to get me close I will wear exactly what I wore to the last 3 games.
    I will only say this once.

Denver hasn't played a real defense yet.

San Francisco as much as I hate them are a top notch team on both sides of the equation.
    Manning and his stupid 100 audible Omaha Omaha crap play calling needs to retire. In a loud stadium he throws one TD and possibly for 150 yards if he's lucky. Against a real defense as NE isn't one he most likely wouldn't throw for that.

Kaepernick will be the best Quarterback Seattle plays this year. No question about it.

14. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    With the Den hurry-up offense Sea won't be able to substitute and adjust their defense on every play like they are used to. Advantage Den.

Remember, this is the best offense in the history of the NFL. Sea play man to man defense. Peyton and the Broncos love that.

15. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    #1766 PhilNotHill, Jan 20, 2014
    Some Stats Post Season

Passing
    2. Manning 630 yds Den
    9. Wilson 318 yds Sea

Rushing
    1. Lynch 249 yds Sea
    7. Moreno 141 Den
    14. Ball 95 Den

Receiving
    4. D Thomas 188 Den
    6. J Thomas 161 Den
    11. Baldwin 136 Sea
    15. Decker 105 Den

16. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    Your stats above are against mediocre defenses at best. In the NFC he doesn't have they year.

Wilson is a youngster fresh in a league. Manning should have better stats.

Denver hurries nothing. We can substitute 10 times in his Audible session. I think he has Alzheimer's and forgets where he is.

17. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    You can't really believe Sherman was going to shake crabtrees hand to be a good sport? Sherman's one of the biggest **** talkers in the league.

If y'all didn't hear Erin Andrews was told to end the interview which was stupid. Sherman never left as it appeared. Guess they got in the ear of the camera guys too.

With that said I like him, but will be rooting for Denver.

18. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You're kidding, right? Wake up, or even better man up, and acknowledge Sherman was taunting and rubbing it in.

I am a die-hard Niner fan, and I do not like Crabtree's antics after his catches, but they pale in comparison to what Sherman did. Crab was never in his face. Guys trash talk on the field all the time, away from the camera, and it's all good if left on the field and everyone congratulates each other at game's end like real men and good sportsmanship. But you cannot condone, dismiss, or excuse what Sherman did to Crab and what he said and how he said it on camera.

When the Seahawks lost at Candlestick, Sherman blamed the referees, when in fact Seattle benefited from the brutal officiating at Candlestick (a non-call on PI on Crab that led to one Seattle INT at the goal line is the most glaring, but thankfully the Niners still won the game). What does Sherman have to say after that pathetic display of officiating yesterday? The referees cost the 49ers a potential 3 points at the end of the first half with the ridiculous 15-yard call on Seattle's 4th down. Instead of 1st and 10 from the 40, SF gets 1st and 10 from the 25 and instead kneels down to end the half. Roughing the kicker, endorsed by Mike Perraira was a no-brainer, but they couldn't get that right. Gore received a blow to the head but no call. It seems that only the Seattle playes safety mattered yesterday. I don't want to sound like a whiner, but it was obvious even to non-footlball people how brutally one-sided yesterday was. In the end, the Niners still had a chance to win; they did not, Seattle won, end of story (congratulations to them), but that does not excuse pro football referees (who make 6 figures to officiate this game) from that mockery of a display yesterday. They are supposed to be the NFL's best in that game; if that is the case then the NFL is in trouble.

19. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Using your logic, then Harbaugh is credited with Andrew Luck's success and Baldwin (and everyone else he coached) for his influence on them.

Baldwin (Seattle's receiver) recently revealed that he and Harbaugh clashed at times in college, but he admitted that it was because he was young and immature and thought he knew everything. He conceded that Harbaugh made him a better person and a better player, and he thanked Harbaugh for that. Despite a rocky college relationship, he and Harbaugh get along now and they exchange texts every now and then.

Sherman, however, is a d-o-u-c-h-e, and Harbaugh has nothing to do with that.

Whether anyone like's it or not, Harbaugh is a winner and a darn good coach. He will deliver a Superbowl for San Fran sooner or later.

20. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave

Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. ebobh15

ebobh15 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 18, 2012
    Sorry, subtle humor misinterpreted. Some of my best friends are from Stanford (they're also my smartest friends hahaha). I appreciate Harbaugh, and enjoyed the ongoing rivalry between two of the best coaches in the game yesterday with he and Carroll. They are the antithesis of one another, yet both highly successful in their own ways. Jim is so different than John, it is also amazing, yet both succeed using what they have in personality and perseverance. I've watched Jim since the Michigan days, even the time he spent at USD, where he really showed how well he can motivate young men to succeed.

Of course, being from LA, it is a requirement for me to loathe all teams from San Francisco - next year, that won't be a problem, since they'll be the Santa Clara 49ers...

22. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I chuckled Bob!

23. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    #1774 PureEuroM3, Jan 20, 2014
    Without a doubt what Sherman did was overboard but who has not let there emotions get to them before. Look at other coaches/players and you will lots of clips doing this. We as fans have no idea what goes on during the game at the field level. Now factor in the trash talking and considering that he made a game winning play on the guy he was trash talking with and you could see why this happened.

Lots of us here have been involved with sports and just about a week ago on the ice I had someone trying to talk **** to me. I can assure you when I scored off his bad play I made sure I thanked him for the pass.

It was bad but nowhere bad enough to make everyone is making it out to be. You guys should see some of the hockey coach highlights ;)

24. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    This call has become a lot tougher then I expected. Seattle played some good defense but not very good as we have come to expect. If you look at all the completions made by SF it will certainly be scary against a very experienced Manning. Seahawks got some lucky breaks with calls and I really think this win was lucky. Consider a few of the calls in favor of them, add one nice touchdown pass, and you have won the game.

Bronco's have put on some good stats through the years but I do not believe it was as tough for them, schedule wise, as the Seahawks had it.

Still can't believe SF lost and I was thinking from the start Seattle had this.

and majority of the gains came from Kaep running the ball, I mean seriously he rushed more yards vs the entire Seahawks team.